A "blue" Florida?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

A "blue" Florida?

Post by tector » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:15 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Re: A "blue" Florida?

Post by REDinFL » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:05 pm

I'll keep a very close eye on the FL election this year. If demos get power, I very well may be outta here. The sneaky end run crap they'll pull to make guns a pain and, so many of them want ''broad based taxes'' meaning an income tax, might make FL less desirable.

There's a possibility, maybe more of a probability, of a move for me anyway, though I have been planning and researching other areas of FL. So, we'll see what our ''guests'' do to the electorate.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

avmech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avmech » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Definitely keeping an eye on it, willing to beat feet out of here if it does go blue. Texas or Tennessee

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:13 pm

avmech wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm
Definitely keeping an eye on it, willing to beat feet out of here if it does go blue. Texas or Tennessee
Just remember. Just like most in Florida, we like it here just the way it is. So if you are planning on coming to Tennessee study up and know how we like it here.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 pm

I'll shock you. Since I'm retired, taxes are important. I may just go back to NY, probably Long Island, Montauk. No tax on my income sources. No issues on long guns. Pistols, I'll just deal with that the way I used to. Rents are about like anything decent in FL.
NRA Endowment Member

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Montauk is a hell of a nice place, but I would lose my mind with those politicians up there.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm

The New York attitude is different. The hell with the politicians. The Mafioso wop who is governor can screw himself. Not much they can do to me. I'd live my life, they can leave me alone.. As in my prior post, it's all conditional: If the dumbos and other slimes who have come into FL vote in an ass, say that zoological specimen mayor of Tally, and a demo legislature it will be worse here. Up there, the real people are used to it and know how to deal with it.
NRA Endowment Member

UnderdogII

Post by UnderdogII » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 pm

REDinFL wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm
The New York attitude is different. The hell with the politicians. The Mafioso wop who is governor can screw himself. Not much they can do to me. I'd live my life, they can leave me alone.. As in my prior post, it's all conditional: If the dumbos and other slimes who have come into FL vote in an ass, say that zoological specimen mayor of Tally, and a demo legislature it will be worse here. Up there, the real people are used to it and know how to deal with it.
Moving to NY makes no sense whatsoever.

avmech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avmech » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:31 am

n0rlf wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:13 pm
avmech wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm
Just remember. Just like most in Florida, we like it here just the way it is. So if you are planning on coming to Tennessee study up and know how we like it here.
Most assuredly, do not know of any other way!

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:56 am

If that happens here in FL I will sell my rentals and move full time to our place in NE AL. Very rural there and gun friendly. Only about 50 miles from the big city of Chattanooga too. I guess I would just have to learn to deal with the winters is all.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am

UnderdogII wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 pm
REDinFL wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm
Moving to NY makes no sense whatsoever.
Depends on one's circumstances and objectives. I would pay less tax in NY than many so-called ''retirement destination'' states. Sure, we have no income tax in FL but, as in my basic premise, if we get creeps in office talking about broad based taxes, that can change, as well as many other things. A lot of the vermin who made many of the problems years ago in NY now live in FL (especially East Coast), along with similar jackasses from other places. They refuse to learn, but bring their stupidity with them. They now are invading other states, as well.

I've taken more deer in upstate NY than I've seen in FL, thanks to ''progress'' (Have you shot a developer today?).

I'd rather stay in FL, been here more than 20 years but, if a new bunch comes into Tally, I've thought through my exit plan.
NRA Endowment Member

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 am

A state income tax would require that Florida voters, by a 60% supermajority, amend the Florida Constitution to allow one. You'll be dead several times over before that happens.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 am

I truly hope you are correct. I'm not so sanguine about the outcome of the demographic shifts but, after 71 years on this planet I'm quite the cynic.
NRA Endowment Member

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:52 am

Pretty much zero chance besides the super majority because of something the NY Times article failed to address. The great majority of the Democrats cluster in a few areas and thus screw themselves out of any chance of a majority in either house of the Legislature. So the Dems have a chance at state wide elections but not anything based on districts.
This gives the Republicans complete control of the laws and especially the taxes and spending.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Why run with tail between your legs? =:wvr

If you have alot invested in Florida, why pack up and leave if it tilts one way toward Democrats, with a chance of pushing back to red. Your just giving up more power to Democrats by leaving for the sole reason they won an election.

Just imagine if the founders thought the same way” Oh we’ll just let the British keep the colonies, well just go somewhere else”

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Super majority for Constitution changes, no income tax, cap on property tax and the first 25k of value exempt.
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!