Looks like we are douched in DC

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Looks like we are douched in DC

Post by tector » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:19 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Looks like we are douched in DC

Post by P5 guy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:15 am

Never believe a politician
From any party
Unless s/he's swinging from a gallows rope
Saying citizen I can't come down

The isn't any such thing as a PRO GUN politician, yes some are less anti gun than others, but all know that armed citizens are their worst enemies. [smilie=014.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 am

There's a half dozen Democratic Senators who could lose the next election because of this. But even with their votes and all the Republicans getting the 60 votes needed is a problem

before you comment on politics best to know what the Senate rules are. They've been bent enough to allow a tax resolution issue like tax reform get through with as little as 50 but not a gun bill, for either rights or control.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm

But the GOP could go thermonuclear and change the rules.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 am

tector wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm
But the GOP could go thermonuclear and change the rules.
Which lets the Democrats run wild if they take over the Senate. Senate rules are designed to slow things down, IAW its original concept as a buffer for the more democratically elected House.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am

Oh, they are slowing things down alright.

The Senate can only "run wild" if the House and the President go along. If you are positing losing both of those as well, fine. But right now, before they do, we should get what we can.