Goodbye Virginia

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Goodbye Virginia

Post by tector » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 am

Looks like Virginia is irretrievably lost. In an off-year election the Dems prevail when they have no business doing so--it will only be worse in a general election. I guess all the liberals who moved to NoVa finally reached critical mass.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Goodbye Virginia

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:47 am

tector wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 am
Looks like Virginia is irretrievably lost. In an off-year election the Dems prevail when they have no business doing so--it will only be worse in a general election. I guess all the liberals who moved to NoVa finally reached critical mass.
Virginia switched ten years ago. And the republican candidate ran in a state that is made up of federal employees that work in Washington and north Virginia. Federal employees who are getting shat upon by Trump. I know many conservatives that work in state government here in Florida that wouldn't vote for Scott over Klinton because of what Scott's done to them (no raise for 10 years, a 3% pay cut to pay for retirement).

You can't attack people's work and treat them like dirt and expect them to vote for you, regardless of the issues. Run a candidate that supports federal employees and you'd have gotten a different result. But run on Trump's attacks on federal employees and this is what's going to happen. I'm surprised it was that close.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am

Aside from employee disgruntlement Obama greatly increased the number of federal employees and especially contract employees for civilian agencies in the Northern VA suburbs. What used to be rural areas are suburbs and suburbs have become urban, The Liberal vote grew like crazy thanks to this.

FYI government service has pretty much always been crap. The only thing that kept me in was the "golden handcuffs", that I'd lose most of my retirement contributions and all benefits if I left. Unsatisfied civil servants are nothing new.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am

jjk308 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am
Unsatisfied civil servants are nothing new.
Did you ever have a politician you could vote for cut your pension? Or one you could vote for call you a leech? Were you a leech?
Brian

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am
jjk308 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am
Unsatisfied civil servants are nothing new.
Did you ever have a politician you could vote for cut your pension? Or one you could vote for call you a leech? Were you a leech?
I worked in a state funded institution but was not a leech, I worked my ass off for many years to get my pension. However I knew of many leeches in upper administration that were rewarded with plumb jobs just because they were politically connected. Many times the positions were made up out of thin air just to accommodate said persons. I'm pretty sure federal employees have similar stories to tell.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

Yes, it always someone else that's the leech.

We got Trump as the leader of the republican party. And losing races like this is going to be the result. Eventually, the insults add up and the opposition gets organized. If things keep going the way they're going, it will be a lot worse than losing Virginia. But that's okay; I don't have kids and once I'm in the ground the rest of the world can fall off a cliff for all I will care.
Brian

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Holy Batshit! It was just a governor spot in a State that was already going Dumbshit Dem anyway. It was just a matter of time there as DC expands to the south. It use to stop pretty much at Ft Belvoir going south. Now it is all the way down past Woodbridge and moving quickly further.

Mid Terms are a long way off and neither party is deserving of any support as long as they continue to run career politicians. Get rid of all of them and tell both parties to stuff it. What have they done for you anyway? Anything? From either side?

Nope, Huge deficit and debt. They get rich and we get screwed. How long are idiots going to keep allowing it?
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!