Hey jjk....

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:50 am

You used to post Jennifer Rubin all the time--why did you stop?

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/statu ... 9829304326

Oh, I see....
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2741
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am

I don't understand that link at all--they look like random quotes, nothing replying to anything. But then again, I don't tweet and think those that do mostly never really left high school mentally.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Water Rat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:04 pm

There really needs to be an IQ test for voters.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:I don't understand that link at all--they look like random quotes, nothing replying to anything. But then again, I don't tweet and think those that do mostly never really left high school mentally.
I largely agree--especially when they are 70+ geezers with more important things to do.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Water Rat wrote:There really needs to be an IQ test for voters.
Oh, she was jjk's hero for a long while--a (neo) conservative columnist for the Washington Post. He loved to share her wisdom and insights with us.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Water Rat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Understood your point.
I just like watching your posts sprouting wings and flying over the heads of many.

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4548
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:I don't understand that link at all--they look like random quotes, nothing replying to anything. But then again, I don't tweet and think those that do mostly never really left high school mentally.
Agree and I really do not find any humor in it.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5357
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by jjk308 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:39 am

Jennifer Rubin has a bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. She's become as useless as 90% of the other WaPo idiots. It was pretty bizarre, like she threw a switch from moderate conservative to loony left and I stopped reading her stuff which changed from well reasoned insider info to [smilie=042.gif] overnight. Maybe she did it to keep her job. The whole paper has taken on a Silicon Valley elitist progressive atmosphere since Jeff Bezos bought it and that's gotten much, much worse since Trump was elected.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2741
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:03 am

They are doing it to make money. Anti-Trump sentiment sells, and sells big. Money drives the news industry; always has and always will.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5357
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by jjk308 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:54 am

But this kind of BS is just plain weird! It is so divorced from reality you can understand why newspapers are hemorrhaging money. The Washington Post seems to be in a race for the bottom with the NY Times.

“Syria’s Assad has become an icon of the far right in America,” from Liz Sly and Rick Noack in Beirut: “Assad’s politics — and those of his father before him — have historically been associated more with the left than the right. … In recent months, however, Assad has become an icon also for the far right, whose leaders and spokesman have heaped praise on the ferocity with which he has prosecuted the war, his role in fighting the Islamic State and his perceived stance against Muslims and Jews. That Assad’s harsh methods have resulted in tens of thousands of civilian casualties seems only to have enhanced his stature.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 202&wpmm=1
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2741
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:48 am

jjk308 wrote:But this kind of BS is just plain weird! It is so divorced from reality you can understand why newspapers are hemorrhaging money.
I would suggest that the reason newspapers are losing money is the internet.

Do you regularly read the New York Times? Have you been reading it all these years and noticed a change, or is it just that you are now seeing some articles quoted elsewhere?

Personally, I don't know anyone that reads the NYT on a daily basis, or really ever that I know of. My parents used to read the newspaper, the Miami Herold and the St Petersburg Times when I was growing up because we lived there. I would subscribe to the WSJ, but it's too costly. I read the Sunday paper over breakfast; not every week, but it is a sort of Sunday ritual.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2741
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Anyone here read the NYT?
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
Hotspur
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 am
Location: St. Augustine Beach

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Hotspur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm
Anyone here read the NYT?
I do the crossword every day and check the obits on Sunday. Does that count?

User avatar
Hotspur
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 am
Location: St. Augustine Beach

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Hotspur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm
Anyone here read the NYT?
I do the crossword every day and check the obits on Sunday. Does that count?

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 am

We get the Sunday print edition only, so my wife can have the crossword as well. The only section I read is the arts and entertainment. However getting the Sunday edition alone gets me free online access to the rest of the paper all week, so I see a lot of stuff there.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: West Palm Beach,FL

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by captain steinbrenner » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:19 pm

If I still lived in Cuba I would subscribe to them since we didn't had toilet paper.


Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

User avatar
Crashpanic
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1650
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Naples, Florida

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by Crashpanic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm

tector wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:50 am
You used to post Jennifer Rubin all the time--why did you stop?

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/statu ... 9829304326

Oh, I see....
William Kristol is another Jew who turned. There's been a ton of suppposedly right wing jews who have flipped, even though there's no sign Trump is an anti-semite in any way.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by tector » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Trump is seemingly well liked by the current Israeli government.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4681
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:36 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Hey jjk....

Post by P5 guy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 am

tector wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 pm
Trump is seemingly well liked by the current Israeli government.
A lot of the Jews I know hate Bebe.
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Post Reply