A Scarlet Letter for Gun Owners

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

A Scarlet Letter for Gun Owners

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:41 am

Gun Talk - A Scarlet Letter for Gun Owners

Apparently, a grandfather in Michigan was seeking custody of his grandson. The State Dept. of HHS, via a caseworker, advised him that to be awarded custody, "you'll have to provide all the serial numbers of your guns." And the judge who heard the appeal, apparently, concurred with that order... "We know we are violating numerous constitutional rights here, but if you do not comply, we will remove the boy from your home..."

:ham'r :ham'r [smilie=042.gif] [smilie=042.gif]

Apparently, SAF is taking them on. We'll see where that case goes. The are some things, though, that I'd want to know about the case. First, how did the State Dept. of HHS find out that the grandfather was a gun owner in the first place? Are firearms ID's and transactions "public record" in Michigan? Did a family member "rat" on the grandfather? Also, assuming the judge did say those things, I'd want to bring that judge up against the judiciary regulatory board for such a flagrant violation. I guess that judge feels safe in imposing those orders. _:

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Re: A Scarlet Letter for Gun Owners

Post by Water Rat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:14 pm

I have been thru this. DCF was notified by family that I owned guns.

For us to take custody a judge ordered the PBSO to completely search my home and make sure the firearms were not available to the kids.
A case worker and two PBSO deputies showed up at the house. I can't say enough how professional and respectful the deputies were, even joking at times.

DCF was a different story. Those people are hateful, liberal pos Nazis who use kids as leverage to make you comply.

They even made me put in a safe a nerf bow and arrow set that the kids had played with before.

Don't ever get that evil gov't agency involved in your life.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 pm

man im f'd if they ever get out here
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Don't have children and you don't have to worry about it.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:Don't have children and you don't have to worry about it.
Exactly. When friends start bitching about how hard it is to raise children, I start =:vio
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:14 pm

870Mike wrote:Exactly. When friends start bitching about how hard it is to raise children, I start =:vio
Another reason I don't care if global warming is real or not; I'll be dead before it affects me and I don't have kids, so suck on it millennials.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:00 am

Water Rat wrote:I have been thru this. DCF was notified by family that I owned guns.

For us to take custody a judge ordered the PBSO to completely search my home and make sure the firearms were not available to the kids.
A case worker and two PBSO deputies showed up at the house. I can't say enough how professional and respectful the deputies were, even joking at times.

DCF was a different story. Those people are hateful, liberal pos Nazis who use kids as leverage to make you comply.

They even made me put in a safe a nerf bow and arrow set that the kids had played with before.

Why is your family inviting DCF into your life? I would be insanely pissed off at that family member to the point they would no longer be considered family.

Of course I don't have kids either so that particular government agency won't be an issue for me.
Libertas aut mortis!

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:47 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote: Why is your family inviting DCF into your life?
A buddy was going through a divorce/custody battle with a vindictive wife. She called DCF about "all his guns laying around the house". He had a single-shot 20ga. and a .380 pistol which he kept in a safe. That wasn't good enough for them, so he gave the guns to me until the issue was final.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Water Rat wrote:I have been thru this. DCF was notified by family that I owned guns.

Why is your family inviting DCF into your life? I would be insanely pissed off at that family member to the point they would no longer be considered family.

Of course I don't have kids either so that particular government agency won't be an issue for me.
Divorce and nasty custody battles bring out the worst in people. It was comply or have 3 kids go to a foster home which was not an option ever.
Didn't hold a grudge.

Kids are easy. It's adults that suck.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Water Rat wrote: DCF was a different story. Those people are hateful, liberal pos Nazis who use kids as leverage to make you comply.

Things get messy when people think they have to justify the existence of their jobs.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
870Mike wrote:Exactly. When friends start bitching about how hard it is to raise children, I start =:vio
Another reason I don't care if global warming is real or not; I'll be dead before it affects me and I don't have kids, so suck on it millennials.

Same here..I do not have kids either. They are great till they start school. But once the teachers get hold of them and corrupt them they change. From what I've see of alot of my friends kids.

The first time the government tried to tell me how to raise my kids if I did have any. I'd probably be put in jail. As long as I'm good to them and raise them right it's none of their business what I do.

Besides if I had kids I'd not be in as good of financial shape as I am today. I've also noticed even after kids leave home, if they leave home they never stop costing you money.

My dog is expensive enough.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 am

I have came to the realization McCarthy was right. The USSRs plan to bring down the US succeeded past their demise. The useful idiots, that have been indoctrinated through our schools are nothing more than Stalin's "useful idiots" useful idiots. They are so blinded they refuse to see the failures of the ideals they stand for. With the fires of Marxist states burning in their faces, they refuse to feel the heat. They have been so filled with hate for what built the opulence that allots them the the very right to bring it down, they are blind to what the results will be.