John McCain Brain Cancer

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

John McCain Brain Cancer

Post by Nicolas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 am

Tough luck old boy.

I guess he will get the best health care available in the World at the cost of you tax payers.

For the immediate future of Conservative politics I would say it is one less Dinosaur in the system, and that is something to be grateful for .

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Re: John McCain Brain Cancer

Post by AirForceShooter » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 am

Question is will he resign immediately?

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

avmech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avmech » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 am

Just because he has the same cancer that Ted Kennedy had does not excuse him from acting like a Ted Kennedy...........

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 am

Nicolas wrote:Tough luck old boy.

I guess he will get the best health care available in the World at the cost of you tax payers.

For the immediate future of Conservative politics I would say it is one less Dinosaur in the system, and that is something to be grateful for .
Future of conservative politics?
Half the GOP would have to die of brain cancer to even get a chance of conservatives getting in. They have total control and still can't get anything done due to left leaning republicans.

This also takes into consideration that the walking dead voters who have kept McCain in office also all get brain cancer.

At least one of the main war mongers will be gone.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 am

Water Rat wrote:
Nicolas wrote:Tough luck old boy.

Future of conservative politics?
Half the GOP would have to die of brain cancer to even get a chance of conservatives getting in. They have total control and still can't get anything done due to left leaning republicans.

This also takes into consideration that the walking dead voters who have kept McCain in office also all get brain cancer.

At least one of the main war mongers will be gone.
An American friend of mine who is not an FSN member told me he will actively vote for the new republican representatives from now on in local elections, as a means of trying in his own small way to stop the dry rot that the GOP is suffering.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 am

Imagine if he was one of us peasants. They'd tell him brain cancer is pre-existing and to go get fucked.

Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Odessaman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:13 am

~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 am

Nicolas,

The only chance we have to get what we want is to get together and run our own candidates and keep them accountable once in office. I've seen to many trusted, clear minded first term politicans be corrupted quickly once they land in the swamp and learn if the they don't play the game, they will be left in the cold.
The ultimate goal of politicians is to get their own legislation passed. You can't do that without sponsers and backers.

The time is ripe with this DC grid lock and Trump sideshow presidency for a non violent revolution.

The republicans are a disgrace. They can be trusted less than liberal democrats because at least you know the liberal democrat agenda.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 am

HOPELESS.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Water Rat wrote:Nicolas,

The only chance we have to get what we want is to get together and run our own candidates and keep them accountable once in office. I've seen to many trusted, clear minded first term politicans be corrupted quickly once they land in the swamp and learn if the they don't play the game, they will be left in the cold.
The ultimate goal of politicians is to get their own legislation passed. You can't do that without sponsers and backers.

The time is ripe with this DC grid lock and Trump sideshow presidency for a non violent revolution.

The republicans are a disgrace. They can be trusted less than liberal democrats because at least you know the liberal democrat agenda.
I know their agenda regardless of patry affiliation! Get rich! It is not now and has not been for a long time about actually serving their country. It is about staying in power and getting rich. The salary politicians receive is a pittance when it comes to what they make from lobbyists and PACs.

Only way to vote is for anyone that not an incumbent! We really need to push for term limits on all elected officials and judges. 2 terms max and back to whence ye came!

Dreaming I knnow.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 pm

It would do far more good to just blanket ban lobbying.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Skoll wrote:It would do far more good to just blanket ban lobbying.
Unfortunately, the toothpaste has been long out of that tube. If we try to ban it now, they (lobbyists) will find other ways to make it happen. They know the power of money over our congress critters. They'll find a way to get it to them and get what they want from them.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:35 am

Skoll wrote:It would do far more good to just blanket ban lobbying.
Forget it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of
grievances.

And hiring representation in legal matters such as trials, lobbying, hearings, etc... is a common law right of citizens.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 am

jjk308 wrote:Amendment I
No elected official or their employees may discuss potential legislation with a private party unless that conversation is recorded and provided to the public for a de minimis fee via a common form of publication.

Let's see how long lobbying would last if talking to lobbyists behind closed doors is illegal. No free speech rights are broken, and the public's right to know is upheld.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tcpip95 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:56 pm

AirForceShooter wrote:Question is will he resign immediately?

AFS
No. He's too big of an a;;h;;e to do the right thing. He'll stick around until he ends up looking like the bag at 2nd base on a sandlot.
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
jjk308 wrote:Amendment I
No elected official or their employees may discuss potential legislation with a private party unless that conversation is recorded and provided to the public for a de minimis fee via a common form of publication.

Let's see how long lobbying would last if talking to lobbyists behind closed doors is illegal. No free speech rights are broken, and the public's right to know is upheld.
"...the public's right to know.." ? Where is that in the US Constitution. The only right to know is the responsibility of Congress to publish all bills under consideration and all laws passed.

You are confusing this with Florida's "Sunshine Law", which has been a failure, making legislative products poorer and in hurting NRA lobbying efforts that might give us some better gun and self defense laws.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:44 pm

jjk308 wrote:"...the public's right to know.." ? Where is that in the US Constitution.
It's no where in the constitution. Most laws are not in the constitution, yet are constitutional. What's your point? You love the lobbyists' tongues up the republican's backsides and you want them to stay there; because that's what I think you want.
Brian

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:47 pm

jjk308 wrote:...and in hurting NRA lobbying efforts that might give us some better gun and self defense laws.
You think that the NRA needs to make back room deals to maintain our gun rights, so you want to give all lobbyists time behind closed doors, too. I find your lack of ethics disturbing.
Brian

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 am

I heard his speech yesterday, and to be honest if it came from a young conservative I would have applauded the sentiment, however coming from a guy who has spent decades laying with Dogs and has the fleas to prove it I found it hard to swallow.

He needs to retire and start the migration of 70 plus year old useless obstructing articles out of the system.

Age and term limits need to be applied to all political posts, Trump was right when he said 'it's more like a sewer than a swamp'

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
jjk308 wrote:...and in hurting NRA lobbying efforts that might give us some better gun and self defense laws.
You think that the NRA needs to make back room deals to maintain our gun rights, so you want to give all lobbyists time behind closed doors, too. I find your lack of ethics disturbing.
A real simple reason and you can see it in play in DC right now in the Democrat attempts to smear Trump. Like Bismark said: "Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made." Laws and passing them are complex and there's always something in the law or in the wheeling and dealing that goes into getting it passed that some scoundrel can twist to his purposes in defaming a legislator. This is precisely why our state legislature hasn't been more productive and why a few Liberal grand standers have managed to block RKBA legislation. Too many legislators who would be on our side are afraid to push them through.

If you want this to change you'll have to change human nature. That didn't work too well for the Communists and their "Perfect Soviet man."

As for the Constitution, it IS THE BASIC LAW, and you can't pass or enforce a law or regulation that violates it. That's why lobbying is legal, protected by the First Amendment, and why the only things states have done is to pass restrictions on gifts, the futile sunshine law, and some lobbying employment delays for former legislators.