John McCain Brain Cancer

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Re: John McCain Brain Cancer

Post by Nicolas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 am

John McCain of Arizona ..... ](*,) #-o [-(

Susan Collins of Maine ..... A classic liberal in all but name, a darling of the left wing media, a strong campaigner for low hanging fruit like LGBT rights and her vote may have been a FU to Trump over the Trannie ban.

Lisa Murkowski of Alaska ..... Has a degree in economics and still voted to keep Obamacare ?

All three let down the people who elected them,and also refused to follow the party line..... this is the BS voters are fed up with.

It is no wonder Trump hates the system as it stands ...... It would come as no surprise if he didn't put himself forward for a second term and place the blame squally on idiots like John frigging McCain.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am

Wait, I think jjk said it was all Rand Paul's fault!
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 am

tector wrote:Wait, I think jjk said it was all Rand Paul's fault!

I see him at the laptop now. [smilie=011.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:57 am

John McCain simply took one for the team. If McCain hadn't of voted no, there would have been a couple of other republicans voting no. They used obamacare to get votes, but thought that killing it with no replacement would cost them more votes now. Trump's inaction has no bearing on the vote; it was purely the exposure of the RNC as a bunch of fakirs with little to no adherence to principles.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:07 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:John McCain simply took one for the team. If McCain hadn't of voted no, there would have been a couple of other republicans voting no. They used obamacare to get votes, but thought that killing it with no replacement would cost them more votes now. Trump's inaction has no bearing on the vote; it was purely the exposure of the RNC as a bunch of fakirs with little to no adherence to principles.
Republicans voting No - 3
Democrats voting No - 48

So lets kill ALL the Republicans because C-k thinks there's a conspiracy.

And Rand Paul played a part in the failure by first refusing the McConnell bill and anything but his full repeal, which failed by 45 -55, and only then agreeing to compromise on the skinny repeal.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:John McCain simply took one for the team. If McCain hadn't of voted no, there would have been a couple of other republicans voting no. They used obamacare to get votes, but thought that killing it with no replacement would cost them more votes now. Trump's inaction has no bearing on the vote; it was purely the exposure of the RNC as a bunch of fakirs with little to no adherence to principles.
The same thing happens with the Dems on gun bills--once the "safe" (or not up for re-election) seats are enough to block a pro-gun bill, then border state Dems can vote in the politically safe way.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 am

jjk308 wrote:
Republicans voting No - 3
Democrats voting No - 48

So lets kill ALL the Republicans because C-k thinks there's a conspiracy.

And Rand Paul played a part in the failure by first refusing the McConnell bill and anything but his full repeal, which failed by 45 -55, and only then agreeing to compromise on the skinny repeal.
Silly old men never retire from being wrong.

Absolute2A

Post by Absolute2A » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:15 pm

There's resistance by some Republicans because their states are huge recipients of Federal Medicaid dollars and expansion...

These go away with a repeal. It isn't just the ACA, it's all the extra that went with it.

Believe it or not, there's plenty of Republican voting, non-minority welfare cases...

Absolute2A

Post by Absolute2A » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 pm

tector wrote:Wait, I think jjk said it was all Rand Paul's fault!

Kentucky is a huge recipient of Federal Medicaid Expansion....

I believe that Paul wants repeal and replace efforts to fail for this reason, and he does it cleverly by going to the other extreme demanding total repeal. He knows that he can appease his supporters by being the champion of all out repeal - while at the same time knowing this has no chance whatsoever of happening, keeping the system in place that keeps many in his state covered under medicaid. The repealers won't punish him for trying, and there won't be any backlash from the medicaid recipients for losing anything.

Smart move. The goal of any politician is to stay in office.

He's NOTHING like his father.

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 am

Believe it or not, there's plenty of Republican voting, non-minority welfare cases...
That's not jist of it. There are more republican and democrat voting, non minority hard working people who go to work everyday and get no health care benefits from their employers at any cost.

So you goto the market place, take a 6k per person yearly deductable, still pay 750 a month in premiums.

This isn't about the lazy ass dan's or white trash any more. It's about the heart of the country middle class being priced out of health care.

Many get the fact we are only granted certain inalienable rights. Health care is not among them. But as a civilized, developed country there's no reason something can't be done even though the medical industry from insurance companies to lawyers to Dr's to politicians are all out to f each other.

Let mccain start his health care treatment on an Obama care policy as if he was making 40k a year without touching the millions he's stolen away or the typical 1800 a month ss reciepient and see how he likes it and how long he lasts.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am

tector wrote:The same thing happens with the Dems on gun bills--once the "safe" (or not up for re-election) seats are enough to block a pro-gun bill, then border state Dems can vote in the politically safe way.
Well, of course, but that's simply saying that everyone does it, so it's okay. That's the old man's argument.
Brian

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
tector wrote:The same thing happens with the Dems on gun bills--once the "safe" (or not up for re-election) seats are enough to block a pro-gun bill, then border state Dems can vote in the politically safe way.
Well, of course, but that's simply saying that everyone does it, so it's okay. That's the old man's argument.
I did not say it was OK. I said it was politics.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:57 pm

tector wrote:I did not say it was OK. I said it was politics.
Well, of course. Obamacare is Romneycare writ large. Obamacare is what the RNC used to want for the USA back in the 80s & 90s. When Obama coopted it in an attempt at bipartisanship, the RNC rewrote history to condemn the very plan they used to promote. That's politcs. But all that means nothing in the current mess the republicans are in, except that they haven't had an alternative to Obamacare since Obama stole RNCcare, so I don't know why I brought it up, either.

Well, that's not really true. The answer really is to get rid of government in health care, which means getting rid of medicare and making the elderly start paying the real cost of their health care instead of the subsidized rates they get. But the elderly vote, so any plan that doesn't involve lots of government subsidies to the elderly is going to get nixed by both parties. And all the plans so far have been to lay down the rock on those older americans that haven't gotten to medicare age when the government largess kicks in. Trumpcare was ironic in that sense--it purported to let the market take over, but in reality it was just letting the market take over for everyone under 63, and that doesn't touch the medicare influence on the free market, nor the great big ticking time bomb that is medicare when there aren't enough workers to pay for all the retirees.

EDIT: who is willing to give up their medicare insurance to get government out of the health care business?
Brian

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
tector wrote:The answer really is to get rid of government in health care, which means getting rid of medicare and making the elderly start paying the real cost of their health care instead of the subsidized rates they get. ............

EDIT: who is willing to give up their medicare insurance to get government out of the health care business?
How many of the elderly can afford the "real cost of their health care"? Way down in the single digit percentages.

The root of our problem is that exploding healthcare costs are making healthcare unaffordable for anyone who gets seriously sick. Obamacare has made it worse by dumping huge amounts of money on the insurers, providers and pharmaceutical companies. Its supposed cost containment is all ineffective top down diktats, an example being the Medicare one cutting reimbursements 5%. All that leads to are more claims and more inventive billing because the industry is a lot smarter than the government Medicare bureaucrats.

So we are now at the point where NOBODY is willing to give up their government supported health insurance because nobody but the government can afford it.
[smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:03 am

It would be nice if you learned how to quote accurately.

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 am

How come no one is questioning McCain's mental stability?
The man has a tumor on his brain.
There was that committee hearing when he went completely off the rails.

So I ask. Is he competent?

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:56 am

jjk308 wrote:How many of the elderly can afford the "real cost of their health care"? Way down in the single digit percentages.

Probably not many, but if you want conservatism you should vote for conservatives; if you want us v them, old white men v young brown women, you are simply a democrat with a different, shrinking, constituency.
jjk308 wrote:The root of our problem is that exploding healthcare costs are making healthcare unaffordable for anyone who gets seriously sick. Obamacare has made it worse by dumping huge amounts of money on the insurers, providers and pharmaceutical companies. Its supposed cost containment is all ineffective top down diktats, an example being the Medicare one cutting reimbursements 5%. All that leads to are more claims and more inventive billing because the industry is a lot smarter than the government Medicare bureaucrats.

So we are now at the point where NOBODY is willing to give up their government supported health insurance because nobody but the government can afford it.
What this boils down to is that you are okay with Obamacare as long as a republican puts it into effect. Because every health care reform that doesn't dump everyone out to the free market is going to require the government to pay for it, whether it's through health insurance subsidies or high risk pools or medicare for all.

And that's a reasonable position, but it is a liberal position, not a conservative position, and it isn't what we've been promised by the RNC for the last eight years.
Brian

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:59 am

AirForceShooter wrote:How come no one is questioning McCain's mental stability?
The man has a tumor on his brain.
There was that committee hearing when he went completely off the rails.

So I ask. Is he competent?
It doesn't matter if he is or isn't competent. If he didn't vote it down, some other republican would have taken one for the team and voted it down, because they didn't want it to pass.
Brian

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 am

Cardboard_killer wrote: What this boils down to is that you are okay with Obamacare as long as a republican puts it into effect. Because every health care reform that doesn't dump everyone out to the free market is going to require the government to pay for it, whether it's through health insurance subsidies or high risk pools or medicare for all.

And that's a reasonable position, but it is a liberal position, not a conservative position, and it isn't what we've been promised by the RNC for the last eight years.
Please stop putting words on my keyboard. Obamacare didn't solve any healthcare problems but added to them, temporarily plastering over the cost by huge government subsidies.

You seem to enjoy controlling your own little political policy universe divorced from reality so this is the last time I'll read any of your posts, let alone respond.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:32 am

jjk308 wrote:You seem to enjoy controlling your own little political policy universe divorced from reality so this is the last time I'll read any of your posts, let alone respond.
If only the rest of us were so lucky....