Sheriff Judd says: Shoot bad guys a lot

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Sheriff Judd says: Shoot bad guys a lot

Post by Springfield » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 am

A call to arms from Sheriff Grady Judd
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/fl ... t-one.html
Florida sheriff delivers strong message to county: 'If you're not afraid of a gun, get one'
By Fox 13 News Published June 22, 2017 Fox News

Polk County’s sheriff is sending out a call to arms. He says people should be armed and prepared just in case they are faced with an active shooter.

“The armed assailant doesn’t plan on you fighting back,” said Sheriff Grady Judd. “He plans on having a gun, doing all the shooting, and you’re just a sitting duck. Well, the ducks need to shoot back.”

Judd says citizens should have a concealed weapons permit and carry their gun with them whenever they can. He also says gun owners should keep their skills sharp.

And if a gun is not your thing, he says, you might consider another kind of weapon, like pepper spray or a Taser.

“If you’re not afraid of a gun, get one,” said the sheriff. “And if you need to shoot somebody, shoot ‘em a lot.

Judd is on the same page as Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey. Ivey posted the same message on Facebook, and it went viral.

Judd is doing more than talking the talk. He is walking the walk. In Florida, it is illegal to carry a weapon on a school campus. But a few months ago, he launched a first-of-its-kind program. He is training staffers at Southeastern University to shoot.

If an active shooter comes on campus, the staffers are automatically deputized, which means that they can do what they have been trained to do.
=D>
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Sheriff Judd says: Shoot bad guys a lot

Post by zeebaron » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am

See, these sheriff's know how powerfully effective just saying that there's a possibility that there might be armed resistance to a shooter is.

Now, we know the liberal politicians know the power of propaganda. Except they end using it to make shooters more confident they won't be met with initial resistance at all. Why do you think that is? Hmm...

Joel
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Joel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:02 am

Springfield wrote:A call to arms from Sheriff Grady Judd
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/fl ... t-one.html
Judd is doing more than talking the talk. He is walking the walk. In Florida, it is illegal to carry a weapon on a school campus. But a few months ago, he launched a first-of-its-kind program. He is training staffers at Southeastern University to shoot.

If an active shooter comes on campus, the staffers are automatically deputized, which means that they can do what they have been trained to do.

=D>

Two of my daughters went to Southeastern University in Lakeland and that environment is NOT liberal. Conservative Christians who believe in law and order and personal responsibility. (my 2-cents)

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:59 pm

I agree with Joel, and it is good to see some areas still with strong conservative values.

The Sheriff is doing the right thing by passing along pertinent info to save more civilians

MikeGinDavie

Post by MikeGinDavie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am

I shoot up there in Polk County a lot, and there's usually LEO's from there out shooting too. The line I always here is "the most dangerous place in the world is between Grady Judd and a microphone". lol

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Srasel79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm

MikeGinDavie wrote:I shoot up there in Polk County a lot, and there's usually LEO's from there out shooting too. The line I always here is "the most dangerous place in the world is between Grady Judd and a microphone". lol
Welcome to the forum [smilie=cheers1.gif]

Pheenix11

Post by Pheenix11 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:25 am

I like the fact that he places safety of the citizens in his county above the need for political correctness.