Way to go Mo

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Way to go Mo

Post by Springfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:51 pm

This has been quoted many places, but here is from the Patriot Post https://patriotpost.us/digests/49668

Congressman Mo Brooks (R-AL) expressed this better when he was in shock than I could on a good day:
Inevitably and almost immediately after crazed leftist James T. Hodgkinson shot and wounded five, including Republican Rep. Steve Scalise, as they practiced for a baseball game, gun control came up. A reporter asked Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), who had just survived the harrowing attack, "Congressman, does this change your views on the gun situation in America?" Yep, leftists are once again exploiting an atrocity to trot out the tired, flawed "guns are the problem" anti-Second Amendment narrative. But Brooks didn't take the bait. In fact, he tactfully and expertly exposed the flaw in the argument against the right to bear arms. Brooks responded:

"Not with respect to the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment right to bear arms is to ensure that we always have a republic. And as with any constitutional provision in the Bill of Rights, there are adverse aspects to each of those rights that we enjoy as people. And what we just saw here is one of the bad side effects of someone not exercising those rights properly. But we're not going to get rid of freedom of speech because some people say some really ugly things that hurt other people's feelings. We're not going to get rid of Fourth Amendment search and seizure rights because it allows some criminals to go free who should be behind bars. These rights are there to protect Americans, and while each of them has a negative aspect to them, they are fundamental to our being the greatest nation in world history. So no, I'm not changing my position on any of the rights we enjoy as Americans. With respect to this particular shooter, I'd really like to know more about him — whether he was an ex-felon, by way of example, who should not have had possession of a firearm — I'd like to know other things about his background before I pass judgement."
=D>
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Way to go Mo

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm

That about says it all. =D> =D> =D>

However, it stinks that we are going to pay for all the security around representatives and senators and their families now. It will add up to hundreds of millions of dollars a year in salary alone.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:That about says it all. =D> =D> =D>

However, it stinks that we are going to pay for all the security around representatives and senators and their families now. It will add up to hundreds of millions of dollars a year in salary alone.
It would be considerably more cost effective to run each Senator and Congressman/woman through an intensive self defense course and issue them a side arm. Probably have much better results too.

madman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by madman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm

The Scalise detail alone is 1M a year [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 am

Since all those vermin in Congress are millionaires let them buy their own security.
:ber
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!