Scalise shot in Va.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Scalise shot in Va.

Post by gforester » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 am

Scalise and others shot and injured in shooting in Virginia this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/ ... index.html

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Scalise shot in Va.

Post by zeebaron » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:31 am

Incoming new black rifle restrictions.

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am

zeebaron wrote:Incoming new black rifle restrictions.
Wouldn't be surprised, since this time it directly affected the congress critters.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 am

Black rifle not mentioned over here [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Scalise shot in the hip and is in surgery now.

It is also reported Dems were on the field also ?

Total of 5 injured

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:06 am

I thought I heard Dems were practicing at a different field.
Also heard Gabby Giffords is going to comment about gun control.
Pretty sure Pelosi, Schumer and Feinswine are dancing a jig, as usual. Gives them another chance to talk about gun control.

I wouldn't know what cnn reported, but this was on Fox News.

"Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., told Fox News he left just before the shooting. As he walked to his car, a man asked DeSantis if it was Republicans or Democrats practicing. About 3 minutes later, at around 7:15 a.m., the shooting began, DeSantis said. It reportedly lasted about 10 minutes."

'WE WERE SITTING DUCKS'
Key House Republican Steve Scalise shot at Virginia baseball field

LIVE BLOG: Fox News coverage of shooting at Congressional baseball game practice in Virginia
Shooting would have been 'massacre' without Capitol Police, Sen. Paul says
Who is Steve Scalise? | Trump: 'Deeply saddened' by shooting at congressional baseball practice
Rep. DeSantis: Man asked whether Republicans or Dems were on field before Scalise
Members of Congress, presidents who recently have been shot while in office
Politicians react to shooting | What is the Congressional Baseball Game?
VIDEOS: Rep. DeSantis left baseball practice minutes before shooting | Gunman reportedly had rifle
VIDEOS: Sen. Paul's account of shooting | Shooting wasn't random, Rep. King says
VIDEO: I'm curious how Scalise shooter knew where the practice was, Gingrich says
VIDEO: Alexandria police chief: Officers engaged gunfire and returned fire
Last edited by czharry on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a storm coming.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am

Blar blar Gabby Gifford blar gun control blar blar Gabby Gifford. Gabby Gifford gun control Gabby Gifford blar Gabby Gifford blar gun control Gabby Gifford blar blar blar gun control [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Just giving you the jist of CNN's reporting of the event

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 am

Fox also mentioned reports of 50 shots fired and an AK type rifle.
Eyewitness Owen Britten told Fox News that he heard shots going back and forth, including a bullet that went through several panes of glass at the nearby YMCA. He said the shooter was not focusing on civilians, but witnessed the shooter firing at U.S. Capitol police. He witnessed the suspect being taken into custody and described the gun to be similar to an AK-47-type firearm.
Sen. Rand Paul said the shooting at the practice "would have been a massacre." He recalled hearing more than 50 shots fired at the moment.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:31 am

Nicolas wrote:Black rifle not mentioned over here [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Scalise shot in the hip and is in surgery now.

It is also reported Dems were on the field also ?

Total of 5 injured
One eye witness just interviewed on Fox has indicated that it was an AK-47, and had the curved magazine typical of AK-47s.

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Flame Red » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am

The Libitards have officially started the civil war. Shooter was specifically targeting Repubs, Rinos or not.

Lock & Load fellas. _:

The Libitards will twist this. This is Trump's doing after-all. Certainly nothing the numerous Libitards that were advocating the assassination of Trump caused =:wvr
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:50 am

draggindakota wrote:
zeebaron wrote:Incoming new black rifle restrictions.
Wouldn't be surprised, since this time it directly affected the congress critters.
I just think of what a giant effect Jim Brady had after getting shot, and he was just one person without any voting power.

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am

This is likely to spur another push for more control, no doubt. Maybe we will see another run on guns and ammo if the narrative takes that direction. Best get what you want before prices start going up.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 am

gforester wrote:Best get what you want before prices start going up.
Maybe I'm terrible, but my first thought was I should buy that Ruger AR-556 I've been wanting to...

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:01 am

zeebaron wrote: I just think of what a giant effect Jim Brady had after getting shot, and he was just one person without any voting power.
House hearing on gun legislation canceled after shooting
(in part)
A congressional hearing scheduled for Wednesday morning to debate gun legislation has been canceled until further notice in the wake of Wednesday's shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice.

The panel had been due to debate the "Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act," which includes 18 provisions related to guns and hunting, as well as other recreational sporting and outdoors provisions.

The measure would make it easier to purchase silencers, transport guns across state lines and ease restrictions on armor-piercing bullets
The draft bill is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-South Carolina, who was at Wednesday's practice in Alexandria, Virginia, where Majority Whip Steve Scalise and four others were shot.
The Natural Resources hearing is one of several events that have been canceled or postponed in the wake of the shooting.
There's a storm coming.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:04 am

Flame Red wrote:The Libitards have officially started the civil war. Shooter was specifically targeting Repubs, Rinos or not.

Lock & Load fellas. _:

The Libitards will twist this. This is Trump's doing after-all. Certainly nothing the numerous Libitards that were advocating the assassination of Trump caused =:wvr
They've already started. When the FBI, US Capitol and Alexandria PD's gave a news conference this morning, the press asked Gov. McAullife to appear on the podium, and several of the MSM baited him into answering and speaking about "Gun Control," which he did. [smilie=042.gif]

G_Loc
Life Member
Life Member

Post by G_Loc » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 am

Just ran across this gem of an interview with a former Secret Service agent ](*,)

"semi automatic means that you can switch it to a point where it fires *pop pop pop*, multiple rounds"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lJ1BbOyMss

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 am

czharry wrote:
zeebaron wrote: I just think of what a giant effect Jim Brady had after getting shot, and he was just one person without any voting power.
House hearing on gun legislation canceled after shooting
(in part)
A congressional hearing scheduled for Wednesday morning to debate gun legislation has been canceled until further notice in the wake of Wednesday's shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice.

The panel had been due to debate the "Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act," which includes 18 provisions related to guns and hunting, as well as other recreational sporting and outdoors provisions.

The measure would make it easier to purchase silencers, transport guns across state lines and ease restrictions on armor-piercing bullets
The draft bill is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-South Carolina, who was at Wednesday's practice in Alexandria, Virginia, where Majority Whip Steve Scalise and four others were shot.
The Natural Resources hearing is one of several events that have been canceled or postponed in the wake of the shooting.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. In no way was this attack related to that hearing. :---) :---)

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 am

I have to love how a lot of the folks being interviewed this morning are saying things to this effect: "I can't thank the US Capitol Police for being there on the scene and responding so quickly... God knows what might have happened if they weren't there..."

:ham'r

Seriously?? I can tell you what might have happened if we were able to carry in such places.... But I guess that won't get mentioned by the MSM, today... won't it????? [smilie=042.gif]

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:42 am

Update: Presdident Trump indicates in his remarks that the shooter has died.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

I can think of a lot of other people in Congress also deserving of a tyrannical purging, not just this a;;h;;e.

Of course though, they're going to use it as an excuse to clamp down on more of our rights and no one is gonna look beyond "zomg someone from the left shot someone from the right" as opposed to, "Shitty politician got shot.".

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

Skoll wrote:I can think of a lot of other people in Congress also deserving of a tyrannical purging, not just this a;;h;;e.

Of course though, they're going to use it as an excuse to clamp down on more of our rights and no one is gonna look beyond "zomg someone from the left shot someone from the right" as opposed to, "Shitty politician got shot.".
See my post, above. Gov. McAullife already started doing so.

President Trump, thankfully, did nothing of the sort. The time for that will come later.