Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 am

There was bipartisan agreement on this issue before Sessions.
Mandatory minimum sentencing has done little to address the very real problem of drug abuse while also doing great damage by destroying so many lives, and most Americans now realize it.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/15/opinions/ ... l-opinion/
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14298
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by tector » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

What, you mean the "War on Drugs" has not been a raging success?
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5315
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by jjk308 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Not really, just "bipartisan agreement" in the Liberal Mainstream Media. They are fond of publishing their idiot ideas as if everyone agreed with them.

Dealing in hard drugs is inherently violent and destructive of communities. There's a disproportionate percentage of African Americans convicted and sentenced because of the very high crime rate, a result of serious social problems with their community and the lack of a tight social and family structure and effective parenting. It shows up in a murder rate 6 times that of whites and high rates of arrest and incarceration. And there's black racism that perpetuates the criminality. My son's best friend was almost sucked into drug dealing, threatened with death unless he sold marijuana soaked in heroin at his high school. They just chose him because he was one of the very few blacks at that school and they didn't trust whites.

Allowing this monstrous cycle of death to continue is, in my opinion, unforgivable. So far none of the Liberal social solutions have worked, the only things driving the crime rate down being a smaller age group in the high crime years and high levels of incarceration and long sentences for repeat offenders.

"You've got to carry weapons 'cause you always carry cash
There's lots of shady characters and lots of dirty deals
Every name's an alias in case somebody squeals"

Smuggler's Blues.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14298
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by tector » Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Grandpa, go back to your still. The revenuers are a coming.

You figure someone who became an adult sometime during the Eisenhower administration, and lived through the "conservative" war on drugs fought by Nixon, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II would know better.

The war on drugs has actually been a war on the bill of rights, most specifically the 4th amendment and 5th amendment. The vast overreaching by the Feds was long ago justified by "drugs", well before terrorism became the new bogeyman. Idiotic no-knock raids, civil forfeiture abuse, and insane sentencing laws (that have been denounced by countless conservative judges), among other ills, all grew out of this.

Until enough old fucks croak we will be stuck with grandpas obsessed with the goddamn hippies and their dope, like it is 1968.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon May 22, 2017 4:23 pm

jjk308 wrote:Not really, just "bipartisan agreement" in the Liberal Mainstream Media.
I know to you Rand Paul is not a republican, but he's one of the few republicans I respect. I know too that there isn't a republican around that you don't suck up to, so we'll never agree on that either.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

TeeJay
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Volusia/Seminole County

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by TeeJay » Mon May 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Sessions is a POS. Hes one of the old scared of everything geezers that needs to check out. Trump would have done himself a big favor had he not ran with the holy rollers and fake conservatives like pence and sessions. Im sure there is more. There is not much conservative about current republicans. Pushing for more government to regulate what you dont like is NOT conservative.

The war on drugs is a 100% failure. It leads into even more BS like prisons for profit, BS asset foreiture and so much wasted tax $ and "the trap" effect. Get a felony over a victimless crime, serve your time, get out and your still a felon and cant get hired at a dececent job so its back to something illegal.

I liked Rand during the primaries but since he wasnt going to be an A-hole, he didnt get much attention and could barely get a word in.

User avatar
czharry
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 7782
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:16 pm
Location: Homestead

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by czharry » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Maybe they should have a 6 month 'Wild West on Drugs'. No penalties, the harder the better. As much as you wanna take, free for anyone. It might thin out the herd, even if we do lose a member or 2.
No funeral, right to the crematorium.
.
There's a storm coming.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 pm

jjk308 wrote:Dealing in hard drugs is inherently violent and destructive of communities. There's a disproportionate percentage of African Americans convicted and sentenced because of the very high crime rate, a result of serious social problems with their community and the lack of a tight social and family structure and effective parenting. It shows up in a murder rate 6 times that of whites and high rates of arrest and incarceration. And there's black racism that perpetuates the criminality. My son's best friend was almost sucked into drug dealing, threatened with death unless he sold marijuana soaked in heroin at his high school. They just chose him because he was one of the very few blacks at that school and they didn't trust whites.
First of all, the bit about dealing in hard drugs being violent is only true because of their illegal nature. Walgreens deals in drugs that are just as hard as heroin and you don't think of them as violent because they do so legally and thus can settle disputes in the courts. Dealing in hard alcohol during 1930 was inherently violent as well, look up the saint Valentine's Day masecure. The solution to that violence was to end alcohol prohibition, drug related violence has the same solution.

Second the part in bold shows how little you know about drugs. Cannabis cost like $15 a gram, heroin cost $100 a gram. No one is going to cut a cheap drug with a more expensive drug, they'd lose money that way. If they have heroin they aren't going to waste it mixing it with a cheaper drug to sell it as the cheaper drug, they are going to sell it as heroin and make 10x as much money. If they mix anything with it it will be to pass the weight of the mix off as heroin too. Enough people want heroin there is no reason to waste it effectively giving it away for free to people who don't even want it. Also, no the first one is not ever free either, s';t ain't never free, ask any drug dealer and I guarantee you they will say "s';t ain't free."

I now consider your entire post, as well as anything else you post, complete bullshit due to the bullshit in bold.
Libertas aut mortis!

TeeJay
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Volusia/Seminole County

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by TeeJay » Mon May 22, 2017 7:37 pm

I always loved the threat that weed might have some much more expensive drug on it. Its like going to buy a cheap 4 cyl car and they sneak in some crazy expensive high performance motor. Just for fun.

That issue really goes away when its legalized and you can go buy in a secure, regulated retail spot.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 5313
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:30 pm
Location: Pinellas

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by REDinFL » Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 pm

The pity of it is that "hard" drugs such as cocaine and morphine could be purchased over the counter in the 19th Century at apothecaries. The bunches of old bags in the "temperance" movement marching to force their life ideas on others converged with an international treaty controlling the opium trade. Cannabis took a bit longer and likely was a bunch of geezers wanting to stop "them hippies."
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

User avatar
kat1950
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by kat1950 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 am

So know what we know is that a lot of you people are drug addicts running around with guns, enjoy your cocaine and heroin that have not been prescribed by a doctor and purchased from a pharmacy. Would not expect anything more than a bunch of people over 57 years old with 66 year old avatars trying to be young again only problem is you have guns. Good luck with your 4 and 5 amendment with your drugs and guns. I have very close family member with the DEA that could educate you on statistical facts on the effect of cocaine and heroin and guns.

User avatar
305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:45 am
Location: SE Broward/ North Miami border

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by 305tillimoved » Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 am

kat1950 wrote:So know what we know is that a lot of you people are drug addicts running around with guns, enjoy your cocaine and heroin that have not been prescribed by a doctor and purchased from a pharmacy. Would not expect anything more than a bunch of people over 57 years old with 66 year old avatars trying to be young again only problem is you have guns. Good luck with your 4 and 5 amendment with your drugs and guns. I have very close family member with the DEA that could educate you on statistical facts on the effect of cocaine and heroin and guns.
Screw statistics, do they have any samples????
=:wvr



[smilie=011.gif]
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

User avatar
kat1950
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by kat1950 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 am

Come on up, Im sure they can fulfill your request and also offer you accommodations. I love to see drug people locked up, especially from south fl. PLEASE come up.

User avatar
305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:45 am
Location: SE Broward/ North Miami border

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by 305tillimoved » Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 am

kat1950 wrote:Come on up, Im sure they can fulfill your request and also offer you accommodations. I love to see drug people locked up, especially from south fl. PLEASE come up.
Relax, geezpaw might have a stroke there.
Fact of the matter is the drug war has been nothing but a total failure. Only those who like to stick their heads in the sand (or other similarly situated crevasses) see it as a success.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

User avatar
kat1950
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by kat1950 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 am

[quote="305tillimoved"][quote="kat1950"]So know what we know is that a lot of you people are drug addicts running around with guns, enjoy your cocaine and heroin that have not been prescribed by a doctor and purchased from a pharmacy. Would not expect anything more than a bunch of people over 57 years old with 66 year old avatars trying to be young again only problem is you have guns. Good luck with your 4 and 5 amendment with your drugs and guns. I have very close family member with the DEA that could educate you on statistical facts on the effect of cocaine and heroin and guns.[/quote]

Screw statistics, do they have any samples????
=:wvr

[smilie=011.gif][/quote]




Was just informed solicitation of drugs from a federal agent is a felony.

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5315
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by jjk308 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:47 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
jjk308 wrote:Dealing in hard drugs is inherently violent and destructive of communities. There's a disproportionate percentage of African Americans convicted and sentenced because of the very high crime rate, a result of serious social problems with their community and the lack of a tight social and family structure and effective parenting. It shows up in a murder rate 6 times that of whites and high rates of arrest and incarceration. And there's black racism that perpetuates the criminality. My son's best friend was almost sucked into drug dealing, threatened with death unless he sold marijuana soaked in heroin at his high school. They just chose him because he was one of the very few blacks at that school and they didn't trust whites.
First of all, the bit about dealing in hard drugs being violent is only true because of their illegal nature. Walgreens deals in drugs that are just as hard as heroin and you don't think of them as violent because they do so legally and thus can settle disputes in the courts. Dealing in hard alcohol during 1930 was inherently violent as well, look up the saint Valentine's Day masecure. The solution to that violence was to end alcohol prohibition, drug related violence has the same solution.

Second the part in bold shows how little you know about drugs. Cannabis cost like $15 a gram, heroin cost $100 a gram. No one is going to cut a cheap drug with a more expensive drug, they'd lose money that way. If they have heroin they aren't going to waste it mixing it with a cheaper drug to sell it as the cheaper drug, they are going to sell it as heroin and make 10x as much money. If they mix anything with it it will be to pass the weight of the mix off as heroin too. Enough people want heroin there is no reason to waste it effectively giving it away for free to people who don't even want it. Also, no the first one is not ever free either, s';t ain't never free, ask any drug dealer and I guarantee you they will say "s';t ain't free."

I now consider your entire post, as well as anything else you post, complete bullshit due to the bullshit in bold.
First of all, drug addiction is identical to slavery and that is inherently violent. Countries that tried legalizing and regulating addictive drugs have either given up or severely cut back on their programs.

And second of all you show your own total ignorance - Ever hear of A-bombs or Love Boats? 30 years ago it was, in the Washington DC area, called Bang. Once the dealers fighting over crack sales territory stabilized they tried to expand into new products and new territories. Selling Bang in the suburbs was one such attempt.

I respectfully suggest you all shut your traps. If you want to get high do it on your own and take the consequences. Do not leave the debris of your own poor choices, in either drugs or politics, for the rest of us to clean up.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14298
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by tector » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 am

If every DEA agent disappeared tomorrow it would be a day too late. Same for ATF. These fuckfaces have been the bleeding edge of the state in destroying the Bill of Rights. If you can't see that, you are too f#;.,/g dumb for me to waste my time.
Last edited by tector on Tue May 23, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14298
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by tector » Tue May 23, 2017 8:11 am

rjroberts wrote:The pity of it is that "hard" drugs such as cocaine and morphine could be purchased over the counter in the 19th Century at apothecaries."
And guns were available OTC at any hardware store, or by mail.

America was truly an evil place.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Seminole County, South Jersey

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:
jjk308 wrote:Not really, just "bipartisan agreement" in the Liberal Mainstream Media.
I know to you Rand Paul is not a republican, but he's one of the few republicans I respect. I know too that there isn't a republican around that you don't suck up to, so we'll never agree on that either.
Be careful of what libertarian ideals you espouse, lest you be accused of being a liberal.... [smilie=011.gif]
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

User avatar
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Seminole County, South Jersey

Re: Rand Paul op ed on sentencing guidelines

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 am

jjk308 wrote:First of all, drug addiction is identical to slavery and that is inherently violent. Countries that tried legalizing and regulating addictive drugs have either given up or severely cut back on their programs..
I'm only familiar with Portugal and Switzerland. As far as I know, drugs are still legal in Portugal, and heroin is still subsidized in Switzerland.

In fact, the heroin subsidization program in Switzerland seems to work wonders compared with our policies concerning drugs.

The addict is able to confront their problems with addiction, they're given the support they need to kick that addiction at a pace that suits them, and they're given the support they need to rebuild their lives.

In fact, the Swiss people, not the most socialist or leftist of Europe considering they favor national sovereignty, restricted immigration, relatively less-regulated gun rights, fiscal conservatism (their federal debt per capita is just $27 compared with our $61,000 - an amount that is more than probably most of us make in a year), voted by a 68% majority to keep their heroin subsidization program.

I don't even think Reagan had those kinds of numbers when he ran for president.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin-assisted_treatment

Of course you could argue, Switzerland is relatively homogeneous in race and culture, compared with both the rest of Europe and the US, and that goes a long way to maintaining social bonds and minimizing the number of addicts and the incentive for an addict to use. I'd be inclined to agree with that argument, but I still don't think you can factually discount, homogeneous population or not, that someone using drugs under the direction of a physician, especially with the stated end goal of eventually overcoming the addiction, is better than someone shooting up by themselves.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

Post Reply