Holiday for Atheists

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Holiday for Atheists

Post by Racist Infidel » Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Likely a joke but funny.

HOLY DAY SET BY FLORIDA COURT
This is great!! I know God is giggling!

A Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day!
Gotta love this Judge!

A proper decision by the courts.....for a change.

A FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY;

In Florida, an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood and objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counselor, is woefully ignorant." The lawyer said,"Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool's Day.

Psalm 14:1 states, "The fool says in his heart, there is no God."

Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool.
Therefore, April 1st. is his day!!!

Court is adjourned!"
You gotta love a Judge who knows his Scripture!

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Holiday for Atheists

Post by Dave M » Mon May 15, 2017 8:33 pm

True or not it was funny

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 am

I'm not religious and I have plenty of holidays.
New Years Jan.1st, Presidents the Feb. Monday between Washington and Lincoln birthday, Patriot's Apr. 19th, Memorial last Monday of May, Flag Jun. 14th, Independence Jul. 4th, Labor first Monday in Sept., Patriot Sept. 11th, Armistice or Veteran's days Monday closest to Nov 11th and Thanksgiving.
/:f That's a lot of holidays and anyone that wants to can celebrate along with me. Fly your flag proudly to celebrate out FREEDOM and LIBERTY!
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 am

I thought the non-believer day was Festivus?

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 am

AirForceShooter wrote:I thought the non-believer day was Festivus?

AFS
Nope, Festivus is for the rest of us, not just atheists. Anyone who doesn't want to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever, who thinks they are grossly overblown, commercialized, whatever.
The Festivus dinner starts with the "Airing of the Grievances" and goes downhill from there.
[smilie=011.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Celebrating a holiday created by the creator of Seinfeld and made popular by the tv show [smilie=011.gif] now that's funny

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

I hate how commercialized Christmas has become
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Hotspur
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Hotspur » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:Celebrating a holiday created by the creator of Seinfeld and made popular by the tv show [smilie=011.gif] now that's funny
Makes as much sense to me as anything else. At least, it doesn't celebrate single moms or the slaughter of the first-born.