FL GOP sells out on guns, again

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
kat1950

Re: FL GOP sells out on guns, again

Post by kat1950 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 pm

The 50s and 60s, I do not know where you are from but the Cubans were mainly limited to busboys, and never out numbered the natives back then, the Cubans back then in Everglades and Naples area training for Bay of Pigs were good people and IMO still are, it is the Puerto Ricans f#;.,/g up this state.
In our part of Florida back then we handled liberals as in Easy Rider and their demise in the panhandle, and as for the rest of the northerners they were always pulled over on hwy 301 on the way down to Miami and at the very least, due to their license plate received a 300.00 dollar ticket or a nice stay at our prison farm waiting to go to court, and then we would strip their cars, and some other options.

By the way minorities and Blacks where not allowed in our school system, we had colored bathrooms and water fountains in every major store, bank, state building, being mostly white. then on a very small margin, like 2 per cent minorities in around 1968 started to be integrated after years of trying by that scumbag Bobby Kennedy started to happen, so don't tell me Cubans were a majority. I lived through that period and long before.
Last edited by kat1950 on Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Post by RevCharlie » Mon May 08, 2017 10:45 pm

So, I run as a republican for one reason and one reason only, I KNOW I'll get elected!

Time to change this! Target all the phony republicans and get them out! If it takes putting in a democrat, then so do it! The problem: the republican phony scum KNOW for a fact that'll never happen! So the endless cycle of [smilie=042.gif] just continues on and on! :ham'r

Time too take a chance and roll the dice, get rid of the phonies one election cycle and the be rid of the democrats that replaced them the following election cycle. Besides, Florida must still have some 'Blue Dog Democrats' somewhere? _:
/:f

kat1950

Post by kat1950 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 pm

We have a lot of 'Blue Dog Democrats' mostly in panhandle, and most voted for Trump, due to the lack of Blue Dog candidate values, days of Spessard Holland, and early days of George Smathers, those days are long gone.

Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mike » Tue May 09, 2017 7:22 pm

On SB-1052, it looks to me like they weakened the law..They removed this section defining vehicle and deadly force.. It looks like a loss to me..Maybe someone else can explain how the change made it better....I don't see it.. =:wvr
(3) A person who is attacked in his or her dwelling, residence, or vehicle has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use force, including deadly force, if he or she uses or threatens to use force in accordance with s. 776.012(1) or (2) or s. 776.031(1) or (2).

SB-128 Burden of Proof looks better..but it could have been great.. =:wvr
http://www.rawdogtactical.com/blog/flor ... nors-desk/
Three important bills passed this session and are headed for the Governor's desk in Florida:

SB-128 Burden of Proof by Sen. Rob Bradley (and Rep. Bobby Payne) Restores the presumption of innocence in self-defense cases by putting the burden of proof BACK ON THE STATE where it belongs. The bill was amended by the House to lower the standard of evidence in the immunity hearing from "beyond all reasonable doubt" to "clear and convincing." SB-128 then PASSED the House 74-39 and was sent back to the Senate. The Senate then PASSED it 22-14.

SB-1052 Justifiable Use of Force by Sen. David Simmons (and Rep. Cord Byrd) is a glitch bill to fix a drafting error made by legislative staff in a 2014 bill dealing with the Castle Doctrine law. It is a very important bill because the error has been interpreted to mean that a person must be under attack in his/her own home before exercising self-defense. This bill corrects that drafting error. SB-1052 PASSED the House 77-41 and the Senate PASSED it 23-14.

HB-467 CW License Fees by Rep. Jake Raburn (and Sen. Dana Young) is a 56 page Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services agency bill that contains language to reduce the license fees for a Concealed Weapons and Firearms License. An initial 7-year license fee is reduced from $60 to $55 and a 7-year renewal license is reduced from $50 to $45. HB-467 PASSED the House 117-0 and PASSED the Senate 35-1

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Helps you make decisions. Roller-skate car or Expedition/Tahoe vs. hunter-gatherers. More kinetic energy in one of those. Dindus still lose.
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.