FL GOP sells out on guns, again

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

FL GOP sells out on guns, again

Post by tector » Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politic ... 60564.html

Now jjk can post "Would you rather have Democrats?"

And when he gets a menu that consists solely of "s';t sandwich" he asks "Would you rather have a s';t burrito?"
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: FL GOP sells out on guns, again

Post by jjk308 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

Read the whole article. The bill, SB 616, was probably doomed anyway because of the lies its sponsor told to advance it. The result was they traded an unlikely gun bill for a real reservoir.

I suspect the story is written as it is, leading with the "Trade", and ignoring the probable demise of SB 616 regardless until the end, to inflame people like you. The Miami herald is notoriously anti-gun, anti-Republican and "Progressive".
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

Sir, the proof is in the pudding, a saying old farts are fond of (I brought it out especially for you).

The FL GOP got 0.0 done on gun issues this term. They suck--but not as bad as their apologists here.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am

I have come to the conclusion my state Senator Greg is an idiot and incompetent legislator .

He hasn't gotten ANY gun legislation through. NONE.
He had to know it was all doomed from the start.
Why bother?

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am

AirForceShooter wrote:I have come to the conclusion my state Senator Greg is an idiot and incompetent legislator .

He hasn't gotten ANY gun legislation through. NONE.
He had to know it was all doomed from the start.
Why bother?

AFS
I am perfectly willing to accept stupidity by the GOP as an aggravating factor. But after the sequence of Bogdanoff, de la Portia and now Flores, stupidity can't explain everything.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 am

And don't even get me started on the national level BS. There using stupidity as an excuse would be a kindness that is not deserved.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Post by RevCharlie » Sat May 06, 2017 10:13 pm

"Would you rather have Democrats?" Well...what the hell is the difference?

In my opinion, the Republican Party in Florida is worthless! They bow and cater to the theme parks and big businesses for nothing more than money.

Next election I say we target the most powerful and longest-tenured republicans and vote the bastards out! Yep, send them packing on down the road. Then we make damn sure that the democrats that we voted in understand that if they go against any pro-gun legislation that they are One Term elected officials. Furthermore, every republican left standing needs to get it through their thick, brainless skulls that they work for Us, not Disney, Universal, or Florida's corrupt businesses.

So, get mad, get organized, get off your ass and do something! Remember, change will only come about with you! /:f
/:f

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Sun May 07, 2017 5:46 am

In my opinion, the Republican Party in Florida USA is worthless! They bow and cater to the theme parks, hollywood and big businesses for nothing more than money.
Time for third party, way past due. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:36 am

P5 guy wrote:
In my opinion, the Republican Party in Florida USA is worthless! They bow and cater to the theme parks, hollywood and big businesses for nothing more than money.
Time for third party, way past due. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Just another way of saying "Democrats and Gun Control Forever." [smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 am

RevCharlie wrote:"Would you rather have Democrats?" Well...what the hell is the difference?

In my opinion, the Republican Party in Florida is worthless! They bow and cater to the theme parks and big businesses for nothing more than money.

Next election I say we target the most powerful and longest-tenured republicans and vote the bastards out! Yep, send them packing on down the road. Then we make damn sure that the democrats that we voted in understand that if they go against any pro-gun legislation that they are One Term elected officials. Furthermore, every republican left standing needs to get it through their thick, brainless skulls that they work for Us, not Disney, Universal, or Florida's corrupt businesses.

So, get mad, get organized, get off your ass and do something! Remember, change will only come about with you! /:f
I was just agreeing with tector that's all. There is a difference though ones a fast death and the other is a slow death. Piece by piece they are destroying our rights. At least with the slow death it gives us time to do something.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun May 07, 2017 9:58 am

RevCharlie wrote:"Would you rather have Democrats?" Well...what the hell is the difference?

And for votes.... Consider, for example, how may employees (both direct and via supporting businesses) "The Rodent" has in the Orlando area. They could easily influence the election of a given candidate of *their* choice. And the FRF can do it all over the State.
RevCharlie wrote:Next election I say we target the most powerful and longest-tenured republicans and vote the bastards out! Yep, send them packing on down the road.
Certainly the ones that were not of help to us, this time. I just hope we have the numbers to make something like that happen. Even if we were to rally all gun owners (including the "Fudds"), I wonder if we have enough numbers (and the $$$) in places where we need them to vote given candidates in/out?
P5 guy wrote:Time for third party, way past due. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
And for that, we'll *really* need the numbers. I honestly don't know if we have them... in the USA in general, and in FL specifically. And, as more Anti's from the Northeast move down here, it gets worse. I hate saying this, because I love this state, and I spent a bunch of $$$ to move down here from the PRNJ but, if it gets any worse in FL, I may have to consider another move... perhaps to TX or AZ. That will suck big time, because FL is more to me than just 2A. It's also cave diving and other activities, etc. And... It's also family... many of whom live here.

I think the best thing we can do to increase our numbers is, simply, to be the best 2A ambassadors we can be to those who aren't yet with us, and encourage them to join us. Take someone out shooting who you know isn't yet a 2A person and let them try it out. And do it in a way that the liberal MSM can't spin as "untoward." Let's not show up to public rallies/gatherings, etc. in our orange / cammies and with our AR's slung on our shoulders. Yeah, I know... "we have the right to do it..." and "people need to see it to get used to it.." But that's the thing.... they're *not* getting used to it. Because the MSM isn't letting them get used to it. They (MSM) are spinning that imagery as a very bad thing. We're going to have to use a much more subtle and finessed approach if we're going to bypass the MSM and bump up our numbers. But, back to topic.

If we want to target some of FL GOP, let's choose those targets carefully and make sure we aren't targeting anyone who actually wants to help us. What's everyone's take on Sen. Steube and Rep Combee? These are the two I've seen that have introduced most of the pro-2A bills, thus far. Do we want to target them? And reps like them?

[smilie=popcorn.gif]

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Sun May 07, 2017 4:00 pm

To make a change in the GOP you have to you have to go after the RINO's in the primaries. Ideally, you would need to work from the inside, as in volunteer your time to work for a candidate that shares your views. It is really tough to make changes from the outside.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Sir, the proof is in the pudding, a saying old farts are fond of (I brought it out especially for you).

That makes no sense.
actually, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" is correct.
Aaron
proud old fart
outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Mon May 08, 2017 5:37 am

Just another way of saying "Democrats and Gun Control Forever." [smilie=014.gif]
That is saying the GOP is no better than the DNC and truly proof that no current politician is pro gun.
Keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result proves you are insane.
[smilie=014.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 am

firemedic2000 wrote:

I was just agreeing with tector that's all. There is a difference though ones a fast death and the other is a slow death. Piece by piece they are destroying our rights. At least with the slow death it gives us time to do something.
Except with the slow death no one is doing anything. It's the frog in the pot situation, heat it up slowly and he sits there and cooks because nothing changes fast enough for him to notice.
Libertas aut mortis!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:26 am

Republican betrayal ????

Preemption
Florida law prohibits localities from regulating firearms, other than with regards to zoning laws (i.e., for restricting where gun sellers may locate their businesses). The Florida Legislature has since 1987 occupied the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, including the purchase, sale, transfer, taxation, manufacture, ownership, possession, and transportation. Due to a lack of penalties associated with violating the preemption statute, it was almost universally ignored by city and county authorities until, on December 7, 2010, Representative Matt Gaetz introduced a bill to the Florida Legislature adding penalties for violating the existing preemption statute. It was signed into law by Governor Rick Scott on June 2, 2011. Penalties may include fines, removal from public office, termination of employment and other punishments.

Shall issue Concealed carry Permits - The Florida legislature had actually passed a shall-issue concealed carry law in 1985 as well, but it was vetoed by Democratic Governor Bob Graham. So it was not until 1987 that Republican Governor Bob Martinez signed shall-issue concealed carry into law.

As of July 1, 2008, Florida became a "Take your gun to work" state (F.S. 790.251). This law prohibits most businesses from firing any employee for keeping a legal firearm locked in his or her vehicle in the company parking lot. The purpose of the new law is to allow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights during their commutes to and from work.

As of October 1, 2005, Florida became a "No Duty to Retreat" (i.e. Stand Your Ground) state. Florida Castle Doctrine law establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder. With the passage of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, this principle now also applies in any other place where a person "has a right to be." Essentially, that person has "no duty to retreat" if attacked and may "meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony".

Plus an assortment of loosening the brandishment restrictions, firearms in vehicle, etc...

Did anyone BUT Republicans vote for or support any of this?

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon May 08, 2017 11:09 am

jjk308 wrote:Republican betrayal ????

Preemption

Shall issue Concealed carry Permits -

As of July 1, 2008, Florida became a "Take your gun to work" state (F.S. 790.251).

As of October 1, 2005, Florida became a "No Duty to Retreat" (This one is currently under threat... See my Red Alert in my Open carry is Born Again thread)

Plus an assortment of loosening the brandishment restrictions, firearms in vehicle, etc...

Did anyone BUT Republicans vote for or support any of this?
All very true! But times have changed, recently. Most of these things above happened before the current swath of "gun crimes" that were exposed by the MSM (i.e. Sandy Hook, San Bernadino, etc.). And certainly before the Martin/Zimmerman and Pulse Night club incidents, here in FL. I'm thinking that before the current MSM exposure, people weren't paying that much attention to those incidents. Now, they are. Now, I think "The Rodent" and the FRF are starting to put a lot more pressure on the FL GOP to swing things the other way... maybe not all of the reps, but they find the De La Portilla's and the Flores'es that will work with them.... for the usual "quid pro quo's" a politician wants. All they need are that few in very high places that will do what DLP and Flores did, while the GOP is in power. If the Dems get into power, they won't need to work as hard.

We need to find people that we know are rock solid pro-2A, and will vote as we need... If they do, we'll keep them in office.

kat1950

Post by kat1950 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 pm

they are paying attention due to the fact they are relocated Yankee liberal s';t headheads, state has changed a lot, years ago we knew how to handle people like that, and as for the GOP they are nothing more than DEMS, so do not expect s';t from them. We are no longer the Gunshine state, we have become a liberal haven from scum from the north bringing their ways with them. Time to take back our state. Would have loved to have them here years ago, and the one that were passing though years ago we fucked.

As per Preemption, that was a good thing for most counties.
Last edited by kat1950 on Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon May 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Transplants have outnumbered natives since AC was invented. Cubans have outnumbered natives since 1960. Take back Florida? Take it back to when, pre-Spanish-American War days?
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams