Anti-Gun Advocates Working to Change the Florida Constitution

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Anti-Gun Advocates Working to Change the Florida Constitution

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Seen this posted to the Florida Open Carry page on FB by Chris Wagoner. Not sure if you have access to the page, but here's the link as well... https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLopencarry/

I know it's a long shot for them to get enough votes to change the constitution, but they are trying....
Florida: Anti-Gun Advocates Working to Change the Florida Constitution

Your Attendance is Important

If you believe in Freedom and the Constitution you need to fight for your rights.

The Florida Constitution Revision Commission (CRC) is holding public meetings around the state for public input about making changes to the Florida Constitution.

Previous hearings and future hearings are being held on university campuses where it is convenient for liberal anti-gun professors to show up and lobby against gun rights.

Anti-gun groups like The Florida League of Women Voters will show up at these CRC hearings and demand that gun control measures be added to our Constitution.

Second Amendment supporters need to attend these hearings and speak up so that our right to keep and bear arms is protected.
Your message should be to take waiting periods out of our Constitution and keep all gun control measures out of Florida’s Constitution.

Please ARRIVE EARLY and SIGN UP TO SPEAK.
April 26th- Gainesville
April 27th- Jacksonville
May 3rd- Bay/Escambia Counties
May 10th- Lee County
May 17th- Hillsborough County

The CRC has reported that they will be finalizing times and venues for the first three public hearings, on this list, this week. We hope they do. Please watch your email for our updates with venue information as it becomes available. We are monitoring sources for this information and it may not be available until as late as the day before the event, which is exactly what they did with an event in Tallahassee.

Mark these dates on your calendar. Please plan to attend. This is your Constitution and your rights that are in jeopardy.
edit to add link

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Anti-Gun Advocates Working to Change the Florida Constitution

Post by draggindakota » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks for posting that, hopefully I can make it to the Lee County meeting when they figure out a time and venue.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Do we know exactly what kind of gun control measures they are pushing?
Libertas aut mortis!

Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:20 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:Do we know exactly what kind of gun control measures they are pushing?
I don't know..I can only guess with those wacko's. They are probably pushing for anyone who owns a gun to be put to death... [smilie=011.gif]

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:19 am

Gun crime in London increases by 42%.......... and we banned hand guns !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39578500

And this little gem shows exactly what all the gun laws have achieved over here.....

This was sourced from current UK Government figures.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:47 am

Compilation of US funded studies showing ineffectiveness of gun laws. Worst for the "Common Sense Gun Control" advocates is the failure of the Brady Act and background checks. The only one of the studies surveyed in document No. 3 that showed a positive effect used a "Poverty Correction" to allow the researcher to bias the study towards gun control.

Likely cause of background check failure: You can't insulate criminals from guns in a nation with 320,000,000 firearms.

U.S. Department of Justice funded:
Document Title: Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault
Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and
Gun Violence, 1994-2003
Author(s): Christopher S. Koper
Document No.: 204431
Date Received: July 2004
Award Number: 98-IJ-CX-0039

Brady Act Effectiveness: JOC91749.pdf at http://jama.jamanetwork.com

Evaluation of Firearms Laws https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm

In the USA crime has trended steadily downward after the lapse of many gun control laws and the expansion of concealed carry and open carry. In Britain it's been steady, some ups and downs that are related to the number of young adults and normal variations and with a recent 14% increase despite banning handguns and carrying knives, strict controls having no effect at all.

The top line is a survey number, biased by a public perception of petty crimes. The bottom bars actual recorded crime reported to police, and includes all serious crimes.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:36 am

Gun control is NOT about reducing crimes against the general population, it is about reducing crimes against the government and its agents.
[smilie=014.gif] [smilie=042.gif] [smilie=pdt_xtremez_12.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:57 am

P5 guy wrote:Gun control is NOT about reducing crimes against the general population, it is about reducing crimes against the government and its agents.
It's just so much easier to rule unarmed peasants than it is to serve an armed Citizen. /:f

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 pm

P5 guy wrote:Gun control is NOT about reducing crimes against the general population, it is about reducing crimes against the government and its agents.
Or preventing "actions against that govt." More specifically, the ability of the law-abiding population to overthrow and reestablish a new government when faced with a tyrannical one.

What gets me is why we don't fight fire with fire here? Why is it that we don't have an equal and opposing organization to MDA that goes to the same events, etc., they do and confronts them? It amazed me that we allowed, for example, all the MDA people in their red t-shirts to get all the seats right in front of the petitioner lectern in the Judiciary committee meeting hall (where the camera was trained on them). Why weren't any of us there, taking those seats from them with our t-shirts on and getting in front of the camera? We need to start showing up at their events and protest them (legally, of course). Yeah, I know, the MSM is against us and my try to spin it that way, but right now, the MDA crowd is running wild and gaining strength. We need
keep those folks in check.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Most of the real people work. The others suck, not just figuratively, but literally at the public teat or some other funding source.

It's all part of the great chess game. Remove any effective power from the people before the overall agenda is revealed. These people are subversives, not just demonstrators. Those who think they are demonstrating for some wonderland are merely useful idiots.

As I usually say, "Defarge".
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:52 am

FfNJGTFO wrote: but right now, the MDA crowd is running wild and gaining strength. We need
They aren't gaining strength, just making more noise, and are puffed up by an ignorant and biased news media. Look back over the long string of losing gun control organizations and you'll see that its really just a reorganizing and renaming of the the small organizations run by the same old crowd of gun grabbers. Their only source of apparent power is through the Liberal directors of some large organizations which shouldn't be even tangentially concerned with gun control but have inflicted it on their groups. This gives them a lot of apparent membership but almost all really don't care about gun control. They have very few dedicated activists.

Last time I looked at the numbers gun rights organizations outnumbered them by between 10 and 20 to one in actively engaged, supportive members.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:21 am

jjk308 wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote: but right now, the MDA crowd is running wild and gaining strength. We need
They aren't gaining strength, just making more noise, and are puffed up by an ignorant and biased news media. Look back over the long string of losing gun control organizations and you'll see that its really just a reorganizing and renaming of the the small organizations run by the same old crowd of gun grabbers. Their only source of apparent power is through the Liberal directors of some large organizations which shouldn't be even tangentially concerned with gun control but have inflicted it on their groups. This gives them a lot of apparent membership but almost all really don't care about gun control. They have very few dedicated activists.

Last time I looked at the numbers gun rights organizations outnumbered them by between 10 and 20 to one in actively engaged, supportive members.
Fair enough... But even with the few they have, they *are* making a lot more noise and making it look (thanks to the MSM) like their numbers are growing. As stated in my example with the JU committee hearings, they make sure they're always in front of a camera where there is one focused on the issue. We need to do the same, and beat them to those cameras. Yeah, the MSM may turn them away from us, or make us look bad, but at least we kept the MDA types from using them on that occasion. I think if we put on a professional image (no cammies, no orange, just the same attire the anti's have), and we talk of our rights in a calm and professional manner, they can't ignore us forever.

PissedOffPatriot

Post by PissedOffPatriot » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 am

I can hardly wait until I move to Florida in a couple years so I can join the fight against these ass-hats. Matter of fact, I am flying down later today for an annual visit with my parents.

NY is a lost cause, and it's only hope is a Supreme court packed with Trump appointees.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:27 am

PissedOffPatriot wrote:I can hardly wait until I move to Florida in a couple years so I can join the fight against these ass-hats. Matter of fact, I am flying down later today for an annual visit with my parents.

NY is a lost cause, and it's only hope is a Supreme court packed with Trump appointees.
That won't stop 'em. It sure won't stop the PRNJ! Ol' Loretta won't lose a moment's sleep.

What *will* stop them is if you tie compliance with the new gun rights laws/rulings with the receipt of federal funds for various projects. Just like they tied federal highway funds with raising the drinking age to 21 in all states. I'm told that's illegal now as a result of that use of it, but I think they'd find a way to resurrect it.

PissedOffPatriot

Post by PissedOffPatriot » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:43 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
What *will* stop them is if you tie compliance with the new gun rights laws/rulings with the receipt of federal funds for various projects. Just like they tied federal highway funds with raising the drinking age to 21 in all states. I'm told that's illegal now as a result of that use of it, but I think they'd find a way to resurrect it.
I have had this same thought.

Obviously, the District of Columbia v. Heller ruling should have settled the matter, but anti-gun States continue to ignore it.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 am

A good example of the lack of any strong support for gun control is Arthur Hayhoe, former executive director (now deceased) of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.

I couldn't find any more than six names ever associated with Hayhoe's organizations, and he would never reveal his membership or finances, but whenever the news media wanted to print a gun control article they went to him. He claimed the national coalition his Florida group was a member of had millions of members but 99% of them were organizational members, like a number of churches and Liberal political organizations and direct memberships were tiny. "Gun Control" was just another in the very long list of Liberal and "Progressive" issues the leftist directors of these organizations support.

On his death the "coalition" went dormant until it was taken over by the president of the Florida League of Women Voters - which has long been an adjunct of the Democratic Party.