Washington St. resident arrested on 2nd Degreee Murder charge after shooting an Intruder "taking a shower..."

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Washington St. resident arrested on 2nd Degreee Murder charge after shooting an Intruder "taking a shower..."

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Apologies if this has already been posted... couldn't find it here.

Fox News: Washington St. Resident Arrested after shooting an intruder that was "taking a shower" in shooter's home...

It would seem that the crux will be surrounding the Washington state "Castle Doctrine" laws, assuming there are any. Some are arguing on other FL 2A forums that if this had happened in FL, the "presumption" of "fear of life/great bodily harm" exists, per FL's Castle doctrine statute, and would justify the use of deadly force in this case, even though the shooter left the house, came back with a gun and then shot the intruder without contacting the police. Others argue that the FL castle doctrine does not extend that far, and that the defendant would be very hard pressed to justify said actions to a FL jury, as it seems this gentleman will have with a Washington Jury.

[smilie=popcorn.gif]

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Washington St. resident arrested on 2nd Degreee Murder charge after shooting an Intruder "taking a shower..."

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Don't know bout the shooter but given the medias take on its gonna be a problem. Leaving and coming back isn't imminent danger. Castle doctrine or not
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Washington St. resident arrested on 2nd Degreee Murder charge after shooting an Intruder "taking a shower..."

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm

dieselbeef wrote:Don't know bout the shooter but given the medias take on its gonna be a problem. Leaving and coming back isn't imminent danger. Castle doctrine or not
My belief exactly. And I think it's precisely the problem they'd face in FL as well. Once you leave, the threat is eliminated. If you return armed, then you become the aggressor.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm

No doubt; he's going to jail. That's just moronic on the face of it. Was the guy high on drugs when he went back?
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm

He went back and shot him through the shower curtain. So the guy was still in the shower. :-k
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:44 pm

yup, I seen this posted on other sites...the guy's an idiot...I'm sure he will be getting in the shower at his new place of residence...

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Being pissed that the guy broke into your house and is taking a shower is one thing, but I dont think shooting him was the correct thing to do here.

Why not leave call the cops and wait for him to come out of the bathroom, hold him at gunpoint until the cops arrive. If he then comes after you in a threatening manner I would think you have more on your side.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Don't go back after you leave until the cops clear the house. I have firearms so I can protect myself, not to play cop.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams