ACTION REPORT! Three (3) Good Bills Passed Today 3/15/2017

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm

NRA-ILA Report from email. Received at 9:35pm.

DATE: March 15, 201
TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

ACTION # 1: SB-128, the self-defense bill/burden of proof bill was heard by the full Senate on final passage today, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, and PASSED 23-15. The bill will now be sent to the House.

SB-128 Burden of Proof by Sen. Rob Bradley restores the presumption of innocence in self-defense cases by putting the burden of proof BACK ON THE STATE where it belongs. ALL Democrats voted AGAINST the bill. ALL Republicans voted FOR the bill -- except Sen. Anitere Flores (R-Miami) who voted AGAINST the bill. Below is the link to Senate Floor Vote:

Senate Roll Call Vote on SB-128......
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/20 ... 8e1002.PDF

ACTION # 2 HB-779, the bill to protect concealed weapons and firearms license holders from being charges with a crime for temporary and open exposure of a firearm, was heard in the House Criminal Justice Committee today, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, and PASSED 9-5. The bill now goes to the House Judiciary Committee.

HB-779 Protection of CW License Holders by Rep. Neil Combee removes the criminal penalties for violations of the open carry law and prohibits a person who has a concealed firearms license from being arrested and charged with a crime if their firearm becomes temporarily exposed to sight of another person.

ACTION # 3: HB-849 the bill to restore private property rights to churches was heard in the House Criminal Justice Committee today, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, and PASSED 10-2. The bill now goes to the House Judiciary Committee.

HB-849 Carry on Church Property by Rep. Neil Combee eliminates restrictions that prevent churches from allowing firearms on church property if church property is ever used for any type of schooling. In other words, if your church, synagogue, or religious institution has a day care program or any kind of private school program Monday through Friday, the church could not allow CW license holders to carry on church property at any time. This bill fixes that.

It was a great day for the Second Amendment and law abiding gun owners today.
There's a storm coming.

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: ACTION REPORT! Three (3) Good Bills Passed Today 3/15/2017

Post by Racist Infidel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Great news! =D> This is how we take back our Rights; one small step at a time. /:f

FL_Cowboy

Post by FL_Cowboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:00 pm

SB-128 was voted today on the Senate Floor. 25-13. Senator Anitre Flores broke party rank and sided with Democrats and voted no. She voted yes for it in two committees. Now it is up to the House to pass HB 245, the companion bill.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politic ... 42658.html

Senator Flores voted 'Yes' on SB 128 back on January 24, 2017 in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Remember, she voted 'Yes' back on July 5, 2016 for a Special Session for Gun Control and the very next day sent out a letter to the NRA stating that she's a "Fierce Defender" of 2nd Amendment.

I believe she voted 'Yes' in Committee back in January because she was trying to keep the facade up that she's pro gun. But since I kinda have been unraveling that since even before that committee meeting. She went full bore turncoat ane voted against it today.

She's now trying to build up a public image that she's anti-gun since she's gonna run for Mayor of Miami.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Great news thank you for keeping us updated and your diligence on staying on top of these issues. If you run for election in the NRA I will vote for you.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:15 pm

FL_Cowboy wrote:
She's now trying to build up a public image that she's anti-gun since she's gonna run for Mayor of Miami.
I swear I'll do my best to stop that from happening, that c;.t will pay for her backstabbing's. [smilie=014.gif] [smilie=014.gif]
I have a friend that does absentee ballots and campaigning that I will hire.
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Hell, I'll even recruit my mom to do campaigning against that goddamn Flores bitch.
Bumper stickers, hats, shirts and all that's possible.
IS WAR!

Joshua L Chamberlin

Post by Joshua L Chamberlin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:29 pm

I have met Flores many times. Like Ros-Lehtinen both are elected only because they are Latin. Otherwise, looking at their actual deeds both would and should be working the counter at El Palacios de Los Jugos.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Why would you do that to the fine customers of EPDLJ? [smilie=011.gif]