H-1B Media lies

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
PzGren

H-1B Media lies

Post by PzGren » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 am

The media is spreading false news about negative impacts of reduced H-1B visa availability for our high-tech industries, especially for researchers and scientists.

First, the H-1B isn't an immigrant visa but for a temporary worker with at least a bachelor degree in a specialty occupation, even though in general the H-1B visa holders are granted an immigrant visa after three years.

https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h- ... quirements

For scientists and researchers there is the O-1 Visa.Trump does not at all threaten to limit the O-1 visa but is concentrating on the H-1B after that program has been abused for decades.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-st ... chievement

"O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
The O nonimmigrant classification is commonly referred to as:

O-1A: individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry)
......"

I am sure that we have made our minds up about Bloomberg & Co. but understanding the difference in between an H-1B and O-1A will give you leverage in discussions with the so-called liberals.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Re: H-1B Media lies

Post by Nicolas » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:50 am

I 100 % agree with you and have been saying it since I first started to look at my options on getting in.

The H1b visa is irrelevant to folks with exceptional skills and would be frankly wasting there time applying, the O visa has no cap and hurdles all of the limiting barriers.

Tech, insurance and banking industries have been the main culprit in abusing the system.

Twenty years ago the subscription for H1b visas were not all taken within the calendar year, now the subscription is met in the first month !!!!

Another massive lie coming from the media is Europeans benefit from H1b and the visa lottery. The truth is India and China receive the most H1b visas and most of Europe does not qualify for the visa lottery.

http://ht3.cdn.turner.com/money/big/new ... 24x576.mp4

http://h1btech.com/which-countries-get- ... h1b-visas/

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 am

The easiest non-immigrant work visa to get is an intra company transfer. Any foreign company that starts a business in the States can transfer some of their foreign employees, as long as they are employed since over a year, to the U.S. There is no cap on that, either.

The small investor visas, E-1 and L-1 are non-immigrant visas and used largely by Indians and Pakistanis, the L visas are usually turned into an immigration visa after a few years. That is why they all buy Dollar stores and gas station businesses, the whole family gets work visas. For as little as $35,000 investment a three year visa is issued.

The majority of Mexican illegals, or Haitian boat people, would not qualify for most legal immigration, like the DV visa lottery or H1-B, since they haven't spent a fraction of the required twelve years in school and have no bachelor degree.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:27 am

Business is supporting the H1-B program because they use it to keep down the entry level salaries of tech workers.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:07 pm

E-1 is known as the desperate visa for good reason. It has no path to citizenship and any children will have to apply for their own visas at 18, I imagine many expired E1 visa holders were booted out during the last administration as most would be descent people who don't know how to hide like the underclasses do.

L1 is not easy and is a short term visa, which needs justifying every time you renew.

I would argue the most painless visa is the E2b-E5 investment visa, Depending on state an investment of around $500k into a business, 60% of which can be borrowed, that employs 10 people. Basically you buy a green card with a ten year investment.......

itsme

Post by itsme » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:44 pm

H-1B [smilie=014.gif]

Damn thing cost me and 100 or so coworkers our jobs in 2015 in St Pete. They made demands on us if we wanted to get our buyout in 3 months. We had to stay there for the 3 months and train our Indian replacements as they flowed in, and also be courteous and friendly with the Indians or that would be grounds for immediate dismissal. First it was a few in a conference room. Then they began filling cubicles and office space in the building - mostly on our floor as it was the networking and data groups being replaced. They seemed to be multiplying like rabbits!
Management began telling those that were not being fired to take the Indians out to lunch and dinner on the companies dime (although they were told NOT to let those of us being replaced about that). They were much less capable and experienced than those of us being replaced - but much cheaper as they would be covering a lot of the work back in India.
One day my manager came over late morning and introduced me to my replacements and said it was time to train them. I said okay - after lunch. During lunch I got all of my stuff together and sent my manager an email that I was resigning effective immediately - and where does he want me to do with my company stuff (laptop, security badge, keys etc.). Next thing I knew he was next to my desk asking for 2 weeks notice. I said sorry - not even 2 minutes. I just couldn't find it in me to train my replacement.

Sorry about the rant - but the H-1B abuse is something near and dear to me. It was never meant for a company to fire their entire (American) technical staff and replace them with foreigners. I was only there for 5 years but some of my coworkers that were replaced were there like 20 years!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:24 pm

itsme wrote: One day my manager came over late morning and introduced me to my replacements and said it was time to train them. I said okay - after lunch. During lunch I got all of my stuff together and sent my manager an email that I was resigning effective immediately - and where does he want me to do with my company stuff (laptop, security badge, keys etc.). Next thing I knew he was next to my desk asking for 2 weeks notice. I said sorry - not even 2 minutes. I just couldn't find it in me to train my replacement.
You command respect from me, very few people would ever have the balls to do that. :ber

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:45 am

Itsme your story boils my piss and explains why people like me and my Wife, who have genuine skill sets which are actually needed in the US according to searches we have carried out online, are being pushed down the queue.

Immigration reform should include the halting of the Asian apocalypse on American jobs. China, India, Pakistan especially undermine massively Trumps plan for getting Americans back to work.

armedpolak
Life Member
Life Member

Post by armedpolak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 am

itsme wrote:H-1B [smilie=014.gif]

Damn thing cost me and 100 or so coworkers our jobs in 2015 in St Pete. They made demands on us if we wanted to get our buyout in 3 months. We had to stay there for the 3 months and train our Indian replacements as they flowed in, and also be courteous and friendly with the Indians or that would be grounds for immediate dismissal. First it was a few in a conference room. Then they began filling cubicles and office space in the building - mostly on our floor as it was the networking and data groups being replaced. They seemed to be multiplying like rabbits!
Management began telling those that were not being fired to take the Indians out to lunch and dinner on the companies dime (although they were told NOT to let those of us being replaced about that). They were much less capable and experienced than those of us being replaced - but much cheaper as they would be covering a lot of the work back in India.
One day my manager came over late morning and introduced me to my replacements and said it was time to train them. I said okay - after lunch. During lunch I got all of my stuff together and sent my manager an email that I was resigning effective immediately - and where does he want me to do with my company stuff (laptop, security badge, keys etc.). Next thing I knew he was next to my desk asking for 2 weeks notice. I said sorry - not even 2 minutes. I just couldn't find it in me to train my replacement.

Sorry about the rant - but the H-1B abuse is something near and dear to me. It was never meant for a company to fire their entire (American) technical staff and replace them with foreigners. I was only there for 5 years but some of my coworkers that were replaced were there like 20 years!
been there, done that. it sucks balls. Citrix here in S. FL. is, ahmmmm, known for its cultural makeup, especially of middle and upper management ;)

i worked there twice and couldn't stand the 3rd world peasants next to me; they eat like animals and code worse. i support complete ban on ALL H1B visas and deportation of the current visa holders; not enough skilled workers in america my ass! you mean not enough peasants willing to code for $35K/year you filthy crony capitalist pigs! sent the indians home, create a demand, and you'll find plenty of kids with computer science degrees willing to work!

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm an engineering director and the Wife is a nurse please don't compare us with the chimps you're mentioning...... [smilie=pdt_xtremez_24.gif] 20 years ago the H1b was never over subscribed in fact it never met its allocation. Some bean counting prick brought this to business owners and the rest is history.

Its easy to be the guy who wants to pull the draw bridge up now they are in the Castle [smilie=011.gif]

ss1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ss1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

armedpolak wrote:
been there, done that. it sucks balls. Citrix here in S. FL. is, ahmmmm, known for its cultural makeup, especially of middle and upper management ;)

i worked there twice and couldn't stand the 3rd world peasants next to me; they eat like animals and code worse. i support complete ban on ALL H1B visas and deportation of the current visa holders; not enough skilled workers in america my ass! you mean not enough peasants willing to code for $35K/year you filthy crony capitalist pigs! sent the indians home, create a demand, and you'll find plenty of kids with computer science degrees willing to work!
If it's any consolation, they got rid of Riz P and he had to sell his house in Boca and move into a relatives house.

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 pm

It is this clear abuse of the system that has to be stopped. Replacing current workers with H-1B workers is in violation of the statutes and should bring immediate legal action against the company and the H-1B worker - and heavy fines. Further the termination should be considered not valid and back-pay due [smilie=cheers1.gif] .

Fear of financial loss would stop the greed.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:06 am

PzGren wrote:Fear of financial loss would stop the greed.
I agree. But it isn't going to happen because that's who we elect or pay big bucks to whom we elect. He who has the most cash controls justice.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

armedpolak
Life Member
Life Member

Post by armedpolak » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:18 pm

ss1 wrote:
armedpolak wrote:

If it's any consolation, they got rid of Riz P and he had to sell his house in Boca and move into a relatives house.
oh good! yea i heard he was let go a while ago ;)

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:03 am

Great video !

Stefan is brilliant at outing the myths and lies being pontificated by politicians and big business alike.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Tue May 02, 2017 12:21 pm

H2b visas to be increased ........ ?

I know the visa is a temporary one and has no path to citizenship, but still it takes jobs away from Americans.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed May 03, 2017 6:35 pm

You should give this article a read, it's f#;.,/g sickening.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/l ... opics&_r=0

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 am

Damn thing cost me and 100 or so coworkers our jobs in 2015 in St Pete. They made demands on us if we wanted to get our buyout in 3 months. We had to stay there for the 3 months and train our Indian replacements as they flowed in, and also be courteous and friendly with the Indians or that would be grounds for immediate dismissal. First it was a few in a conference room. Then they began filling cubicles and office space in the building - mostly on our floor as it was the networking and data groups being replaced. They seemed to be multiplying like rabbits! ................
A few Indian companies that supply tech outsource workers have been grabbing up almost all the H-1B visa supply for years flooding the fake lottery system. This yearn they hit the 85,000 limit in 4 days. The H-1B lottery results prove that Infosys, one of India’s leading tech outsourcing companies, recent claim that it will hire up to 10,000 Americans to serve its clients in the United States is a lie designed to fend off Trump's plans to rein in the H-1B system.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sat May 06, 2017 5:29 am

If you put a limit of 50k non-western countries I'm sure the overall applications would plummet, it is the East that the tech companies are buying in.

Doctors and Scientists do not need to use the H1b they fit into a category above H1b, so folks whining about those types of people not getting in are full of s';t.

'H1B Visa Applications Down Amid Reform Effort'

http://www.voanews.com/a/h1b-visa-appli ... 16678.html