No elections?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

No elections?

Post by Racist Infidel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:58 pm

A while back someone asked what would happen if Obummer tried to suspend the elections. I found this blog that seems to provide an answer in the Constitution.

http://edwinvieira.com/edwin289.htm

"Constitutionalists, patriots, and other friends of freedom in ever-increasing numbers are expressing their fears that the present resident of the White House, Barack Obama, intends, under color of some real or contrived “emergency”, to suspend the National elections this November, declare “martial law”, and expand the ambit of his usurpatory rule from that of an arguably faux yet only temporary President to that of an authentic and permanent dictator, in service of some absurdity such as a supposed necessity to maintain “the continuity of government”. In light of the possibility of a nationwide calamity in the near future (especially likely in the economic realm), and of Mr. Obama’s own personality and past pattern of misbehavior under color of public office, these concerns cannot be easily dismissed as mere delusions springing from paranoiac imaginations. Nonetheless, from the constitutional perspective, they are entirely devoid of foundation."

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: No elections?

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:30 pm

these concerns cannot be easily dismissed as mere delusions springing from paranoiac imaginations.
Sure they can. I knew liberals that were peddling that same insane idea in 2007, but with Bush as the tyrant.

And just pretend that Obama wanted to do it. What is someone going to do about it in September 2016 before any of the "Great Coup" takes place in November? Buy more of whatever that website is selling--anti-zombie ammo and seeds for after the apocalypse probably.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: No elections?

Post by jjk308 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 am

I hereby declare the 2016 elections suspended for the duration of the current terrorism emergency.

See, Barack, that's how you do it. And if you try it your election suspension will be just as effective as mine. [smilie=011.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.