Bye Bye Corrine Brown

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Bye Bye Corrine Brown

Post by czharry » Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 am

They need to investigate the lot of 'em. Maxine Waters, Alcee Hastings, anyone in the racist Black Caucus (a nest of racist snakes). It's like they can't help themselves once they see all that .gov money fruit, ripe for the picking.

If Corrine Brown gets 5-7 years, at her age it's almost a death sentence. I saw a pic of her and her entourage coming out of the courthouse (it seemed). Al Sharpton was st her side.
There's a storm coming.

TeeJay
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by TeeJay » Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am

Put sharpton in there with her.

GunnyHiway
Life Member
Life Member

Post by GunnyHiway » Fri May 12, 2017 8:11 pm

She won't do one day in the slammer. [-X

Mark my words, wrong color and wrong party. Anyone really think they will put an old black democrat female in prison? :ham'r Hell, they had an old white democrat female dead to rights and she skated. These people can get away with murder and it never gets to a grand jury let alone prison. Brown just took some money, whoop de shiite ! Thats kid stuff as far as the media is concerned so nothing will happen and this will be back page news by monday.

It don't fit the narrative.

Sharpton was with her trying to find out if she had any cash stashed that she needed "watched" until the air clears. [smilie=001.gif]

:ber
The M14 does my talking !............and the 1911A1 too !

CRIMSON TIDE !!!

Mike
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mike » Sat May 13, 2017 4:49 pm

GunnyHiway wrote:She won't do one day in the slammer. [-X

Mark my words, wrong color and wrong party. Anyone really think they will put an old black democrat female in prison? :ham'r Hell, they had an old white democrat female dead to rights and she skated. These people can get away with murder and it never gets to a grand jury let alone prison. Brown just took some money, whoop de shiite ! Thats kid stuff as far as the media is concerned so nothing will happen and this will be back page news by monday.

It don't fit the narrative.

Sharpton was with her trying to find out if she had any cash stashed that she needed "watched" until the air clears. [smilie=001.gif]

:ber

They put Jesse Jackson Jr in prison for pretty much the same thing... I say she gets some time...probably not much as she deserves...but some..

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/jesse- ... -sentence/
The Illinois Democrat, who represented the 2nd Congressional District, was sentenced originally to 30 months. His time actually served was cut most likely because of good behavior and completion of a substance-abuse program.

In all Jackson will have served 23 months. Jackson entered a federal prison in Butner, North Carolina, on Oct. 29, 2013. He was transferred to a minimum security section of a prison complex in Montgomery, Alabama on April 4, 2014. He was transferred to the Baltimore halfway house on March 26.
[/quote]

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Well the conniving witch got her time, 5 years. I can't believe they are letting her hang around this long without locking her up. Any regular citizen would be behind bars already.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/p ... enced.html

I guess since she was a dedicated public servant (throwing up a little in the back of my throat) for so long they are cutting her some slack. Almost 2 months from sentencing until doing her time, sheesh!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/investiga ... t-for-bond

jwillgym
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwillgym » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 am

Has a new lawyer and is going to appeal again. She is going to do anything she can to drag this out.
IYAOYAS

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

If I'm not mistaken, a federal judge just denied her bail while she appeals. So she will be off to prison. I'd guess it's likely the W Va "Club Fed..." where Martha Stewart went...

[smilie=bounce-74.gif]

bugman
Life Member
Life Member
Location: Orlando, corner of Gaylando and Little Saigo, across from the BlackHOP

Post by bugman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:01 pm

I knew this bitch 30 years ago

She tried to get me fired and probably would have if she had not already had a reputation with the office.
She didn't like it when I responded with "Hello" to her "How are you" greeting, or my defense of it.

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Too bad more of them don't get prosecuted

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 pm

patw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:15 pm
Too bad more of them don't get prosecuted
Not gonna happen. How do you think those who are supposed to prosecute got their jobs? As a friend told me many years ago, ''Have you ever tried to wash one hand?''
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

bowhunter
Life Member
Life Member
Location: Lake County, FL - sic semper tyrannis - AmeriKa-but seeking the restoration of the Founder's

Post by bowhunter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm

I knew Corrine and several of her staff very well - she actually offered me money through attaching a bill one time... I turned it down, and never got the full details... but I am sure it would have been easy...
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." – Thomas Jefferson

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Courts reject ex-U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown's bids to stay out of prison

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/pol ... story.html

Former U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown can’t stay free while she appeals felony convictions and she can’t delay reporting to prison, a pair of orders from separate federal courts said Monday.

Brown’s motion to stay free was rejected by the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta the same day that the judge in Jacksonville who sentenced Brown to five years behind bars turned down a request to delay the start of her sentence by another month.

Brown, a Democrat who represented parts of Orlando, remains scheduled to enter prison by noon Jan. 29, the same deadline set for the founder of One Door for Education, a bogus charity Brown was convicted of using to enrich herself.

“This court has already fully considered the issue,” U.S. District Judge Timothy Corrigan in Jacksonville wrote in his order. In short, he wrote later, “Ms. Brown is asking the wrong court. She should direct her request to the Eleventh Circuit.”

That court issued its own two-sentence order Monday that denied a motion she filed to remain free pending appeal. The second sentence told court clerks to treat any motion to reconsider as a non-emergency.

Brown was convicted in May of 18 felonies, most involving fraud or tax crimes.

The bulk of the charges involved misuse of money that Brown, a 12-term congresswoman, helped raise for One Door, which received more than $800,000 over several years but spent little on actual charitable projects.

One Door’s president, Carla Wiley, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud and testified at Brown’s trial. She’s scheduled to start serving a 21-month sentence Jan. 29. Brown’s former chief of staff, Ronnie Simmons, also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge involving One Door and an unrelated theft from the government, and began serving a four-year sentence this month.

After Brown’s sentencing, the Jacksonville Democrat hired an appeals attorney, William Mallory Kent, who has been working to flesh out a challenge to her conviction. In a filing Monday, Kent told Corrigan there were serious, complex issues to consider in the appeal and that after assessing them “it is not inconceivable that this court … well might rescind its previous order” setting Brown’s report date.

Kent wrote that more than one ministerial alliance, whom he didn’t name, planned to argue on Brown’s behalf before the appeals court. He wrote that the alliances would be represented by Charles Truncale, an attorney who accompanied Brown to a Martin Luther King Jr. commemoration in Clay County last week.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am

So how many other corrupt politicians are still out there? It says she was 12 terms in the House, that is 24 years she did this s';t and got away with it before caught. Who else is out there?
Libertas aut mortis!

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:22 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am
So how many other corrupt politicians are still out there? It says she was 12 terms in the House, that is 24 years she did this s';t and got away with it before caught. Who else is out there?
How many are there?
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm

So she is in jail but supposedly still collecting a tax payer funded pension!? WTF is that sh!t?
Libertas aut mortis!

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:So she is in jail but supposedly still collecting a tax payer funded pension!? WTF is that sh!t?
That's why she didn't throw a hissy fit about going to jail, she'll have all kinds of money stockpile when she gets out

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

Didn't Rev. Jackson's kid get lots of government cash while in prison and after?
Sounds like the standard operating procedure :ham'r
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm
So she is in jail but supposedly still collecting a tax payer funded pension!? WTF is that sh!t?
A felony conviction used to void federal pension rights. Apparently now they can keep what they put into their own retirement savings fund but lose any government pension part that came after the act's passage.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:37 am

jjk308 wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm
A felony conviction used to void federal pension rights. Apparently now they can keep what they put into their own retirement savings fund but lose any government pension part that came after the act's passage.
Term limits, immediately—if not sooner!
—Griff

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:37 am
Term limits, immediately—if not sooner!
—Griff
That hasn't helped the Florida Legislature. it just gave lobbyists and an unelected horde of semi-permanent staff more power. [smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.