Pentagon cannot account for 6.5 'T'rillion dollars

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 am

Audit Reveals the Pentagon Doesn’t Know Where $6.5 Trillion Dollars Has Gone.

Adding to the appearance of impropriety is the fact that thousands of documents that should be on file have been removed and disappeared without any reasonable explanation.

A new Department of Defense Inspector General’s report, released last week, has left Americans stunned at the jaw-dropping lack of accountability and oversight. The glaring report revealed the Pentagon couldn’t account for $6.5 trillion dollars worth of Army general fund transactions and data, according to a report by the Fiscal Times.

The Pentagon, which has been notoriously lax in its accounting practices, has never completed an audit, would reveal how the agency has specifically spent the trillions of dollars allocated for wars, equipment, personnel, housing, healthcare and procurement’s allotted to them by Congress.

Beginning in 1996 all federal agencies were mandated by law to conduct regular financial audits. However, the Pentagon has NEVER complied with that federal law. In 20 years, it has never accounted for the trillions of dollars in taxpayer funds it has spent, in part because “fudging” the numbers has become standard operating procedure at the Department of Defense, as revealed in a 2013 Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow.

http://theglobalelite.org/pentagon-cann ... n-dollars/

https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/ ... 54d830.mp4

sleepyhead
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Pentagon cannot account for 6.5 'T'rillion dollars

Post by sleepyhead » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:44 pm

6.5 trillion seems like a really big number. BUT, if you divide it by 250,000,000 (approximate number of federal taxpayers) that's only $26,000 each. Chump change... I've got that much hiding between the cushions in my sofa ](*,)

Furthermore, it looks like this is just for fiscal year 2015. From the first article:
“Army and Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis personnel did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter adjustments and $6.5 trillion in year-end adjustments made to Army General Fund data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation,”
I would assume that this has been going on for a LONG time. It's just another example of an outrage that will cause no outrage.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:58 pm

It's a computer system problem, not a real world one, and not an indication of waste or corruption, just the usual problem with government IT.

http://www.dodig.mil/pubs/report_summary.cfm?id=7034

Finding

The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management & Comptroller) (OASA[FM&C]) and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis (DFAS Indianapolis) did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter journal voucher (JV) adjustments and $6.5 trillion in yearend JV adjustments1 made to AGF data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation.2 The unsupported JV adjustments occurred because OASA(FM&C) and DFAS Indianapolis did not prioritize correcting the system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in JV adjustments, and did not provide sufficient guidance for supporting system‑generated adjustments.

In addition, DFAS Indianapolis did not document or support why the Defense Departmental Reporting System‑Budgetary (DDRS-B), a budgetary reporting system, removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during third quarter FY 2015. This occurred because DFAS Indianapolis did not have detailed documentation describing the DDRS-B import process or have accurate or complete system reports.

As a result, the data used to prepare the FY 2015 AGF third quarter and yearend financial statements were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail. Furthermore, DoD and Army managers could not rely on the data in their accounting systems when making management and resource decisions. Until the Army and DFAS Indianapolis correct these control deficiencies, there is considerable risk that AGF financial statements will be materially misstated and the Army will not achieve audit readiness by the congressionally mandated deadline of September 30, 2017.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:15 pm

I wonder how many contractors and yes military both enlisted and officers are living the high life right now. Some of the guys were able to start businesses up when they got out and had to get the capital from some place to do it.

They handed out cash like it was monopoly money over there. When you got that kind of cash just floating around temptation is just to great for some and to easy.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:53 am

firemedic2000 wrote:I wonder how many contractors and yes military both enlisted and officers are living the high life right now.
Not a whole lot cause it'll get you a prison sentence. See the recent Fat Leonard case for the worst military bribery scandal I've ever heard of. 14 indictments as of June 10. The problem there was that accepting expensive gifts, travel, hookers, (no cash payoffs i know of) became just business as usual for some high ranking USN officers.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defens ... /85659838/
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

randian

Post by randian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:53 pm

jjk308 wrote:
firemedic2000 wrote:I wonder how many contractors and yes military both enlisted and officers are living the high life right now.
Not a whole lot cause it'll get you a prison sentence.
Pretty easy for your embezzling to avoid detection when you're embezzling from somebody whose books are as bad as the Pentagon's. The missing records suggest that somebody is covering their tracks. Alternatively, the books were never there to begin with and the records saying they were are fraudulent. In any case, until the controllers start getting fired for not doing their job, perhaps even investigated as potential accomplices to crime, nothing will change. What's their incentive to do a good job?

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:40 pm

That's my point they could get several bogus informants setup out in the field. Pay them some stupid money for info weather it pans out or not they could say it was good when I gave it to you. The ones that do the payout split the cash with the informant. Deposit in bogus accts. and do wire tranfers or just smuggle the cash back in to the U.S. rank does have it's prevlige.

Like I said earlier they handed out cash over there like monopoly money so I'd be easy to set up a person to collect and spilt it with.

As far as the comptrollers hell they are a bunch of young military trained kids that take orders and have no vested interested in anything over there. They are nothing but data entry people not accountants.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

James Duncan

Post by James Duncan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Can remember a rumor about a Huey crash that had several tons of material, everything from screws to ice machines (from several depots) on board when the IG crew did an annual inspection. I think supply had to account for every little thing. Lost in a crash supposedly was an easy out.
(or so the story went). I can believe it.

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:06 am

firemedic2000 wrote:I wonder how many contractors and yes military both enlisted and officers are living the high life right now. Some of the guys were able to start businesses up when they got out and had to get the capital from some place to do it.

They handed out cash like it was monopoly money over there. When you got that kind of cash just floating around temptation is just to great for some and to easy.
Gov't and military officers, suppliers and contractors that misappropiate funds are like pedophiles. For everyone caught, there are 50 out there that won't be.

I'm sure there's a bunch there funneled off for proxy wars, assinations, foreign political pay offs, bribes and things that the supposed self righteous book cookers couldn't look past due to some mythical belief in doing good.