Scalise shot in Va.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Scalise shot in Va.

Post by czharry » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 am

FfNJGTFO wrote: See my post, above. Gov. McAullife already started doing so.

President Trump, thankfully, did nothing of the sort. The time for that will come later.
As soon as I saw McAuliffe, I just knew he couldn't stop himself from mentioning his gun control agenda.
Paul Ryan and Pelosi will make remarks later. We'll see if she's able to 'contain' herself.
There's a storm coming.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 am

Waiting to hear from Feinstein with bated breath...

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

czharry wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote: See my post, above. Gov. McAullife already started doing so.

President Trump, thankfully, did nothing of the sort. The time for that will come later.
As soon as I saw McAuliffe, I just knew he couldn't stop himself from mentioning his gun control agenda.
Pelosi will make remarks later. We'll see if she's able to 'contain' herself.
To his credit, I think McAullife was trying avoid mentioning the subject, but he was being baited hard by the MSM that were there. He did kept repeating that "this isn't the time to discuss this, but...." as if he knew that by doing so, he'd get tagged with politicizing the event.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:18 am

Skoll wrote:Waiting to hear from Feinstein with bated breath...
One has to remember that, for Feinstein, it's personal. Recall how she came to fame, nationally.

She was the President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1978, during the time and on the night Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk were assassinated by then Supervisor Dan White. She was the one who had to go before the MSM that evening and report their deaths. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Of course, the MSM being who they are, just kept repeating that presser.

So, it would be no surprise coming from her.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am

Annnd he is/was a big Bernie supporter

The man responsible for this morning’s shooting attack on a GOP congressional baseball practice has reportedly been identified as James T. Hodgkinson from Belleville Illinois.

According to The Washington Post, Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business and has charges dating back to April 2006 of battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle. Those charges were dismissed.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/06/s ... -campaign/

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:55 am

Maybe the liberal DC crowd will start to address the real issue, MENTAL ILLNESS since it is one of their own who did the shooting.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm

This will be swept under the rug cause it's ugly for the libs
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Odessaman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Sure meets the definition of a hate crime under DC law - let's count how many news reports actually point that out . . . I'm guessing none.
Under the Bias-Related Crime Act of 1989 (D.C. Official Code § 22-3700 et. seq.), to qualify as a hate or bias-related crime in the District of Columbia, an incident must meet the standards for both a “designated act” and a “bias-related crime:”

“Designated act,” meaning a criminal act, including arson, assault, burglary, injury to property, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, rape, robbery, theft, or unlawful entry, and attempting, aiding, abetting, advising, inciting, conniving, or conspiring to commit arson, assault, burglary, injury to property, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, rape, robbery, theft, or unlawful entry. D.C. Official Code § 22-3701.

“Bias-related crime,” meaning a designated act that demonstrates an accused’s prejudice based on the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, homelessness, physical disability, matriculation, or political affiliation of a victim of the subject designated act.
~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm

I am against the idea of the category "hate crime", regardless of which political party puts it forward.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 am

Wow that dude was from my Hometown!!
Crazy!

I will say that was one reason I got the hell out of there. Tooo many libtard Democrats there!
To hell with IL!

I bought a S&W M&P Sport II just last week....glad I did!
DON'T TREAD ON ME

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 am

I saw one interview where the person said he asked about the party of those on the field. When he was told GOP he went and started shooting.
FB and tweets about hating Trump and republicans.
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:09 am

He hated Trump and Klin-ton, and was a Bernie supporter. That's the second Bernie supporter that's gone nutso in the last month. I don't suppose we can show up to the big game with an AR slung over our shoulders today, even if VA is an open carry state. It might lead to something like this:

Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 am

The congressmen or staffers answered this character's question about who was on the field. I doubt they would have done so had he an AK slung on his shoulder. Maybe they were admiring the bulge in his pants, if not, he had the rifle stashed somewhere or some help who has since faded into the ether.
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Springfield » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:39 am

This report says he had an SKS rifle
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html)

From the reports about many shots fired in quick succession, I'd guess the SKS used aftermarket 30-rd mags.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:23 am

Springfield wrote:This report says he had an SKS rifle
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html)

From the reports about many shots fired in quick succession, I'd guess the SKS used aftermarket 30-rd mags.
No wonder he missed so often.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 am

The only way America will rid itself of mass shootings is by banning all members of the population, who vote for the Democratic party, from owning a firearm...... look at the facts and you will find it makes sense. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

If it is not the voter him/herself it is the evil spawn of them that carry out the atrocities. :-k [smilie=021.gif]

Crashpanic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Crashpanic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Lots of people need shooting. Doesn't make it right to shoot them, though, does it.