Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
User avatar
racer88
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by racer88 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 pm

zen4 wrote:Nice review, I've thought about this pistol hard. I think this is ugly as hell but good geometry and especially for a 357 round. That video pretty much somes up the advantage of the design. Now if they can clean up the ugliness. Nice pick up. Are u on the fl concealed carry forum? That Spyderco symbol looks familiar.
Yep. One and the same guy. Also on Glocktalk.com. It's easier to keep the same screen name and avatar. I created the carbon fiber "Spydie" in photoshop. It's different and easy for me to spot as I'm scanning threads. :)

User avatar
Enoch
BANNED
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: North Broward

Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 pm

The appeal and nut busting excitement from the OP still eludes me. It's a snub-nosed revolver.

If you're unfortunate enough to be forced to fire more than once to save your life... and the second, follow-up shot is the deciding factor... I'll bet my life on the reliability of a Smith or Ruger any day... before I pretend that the recoil advantages of a Chiappa does me any favors. GTFOH!
"Try to walk into any average church and see how long it takes them to start pumping money out of you... Just like a titty bar, but with uglier people" - Razorbuc

User avatar
Enoch
BANNED
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: North Broward

Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:00 pm

This guy RACER has an agenda. Has anybody ever in the history of this forum, received an insignificant gun as a "gift"... and spent more time trying to "sell" it than this guy?!!!!
Last edited by Enoch on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Try to walk into any average church and see how long it takes them to start pumping money out of you... Just like a titty bar, but with uglier people" - Razorbuc

User avatar
racer88
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by racer88 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Enoch wrote:The appeal and nut busting excitement from the OP still eludes me. It's a snub-nosed revolver.

If you're unfortunate enough to be forced to fire more than once to save your life... and the second, follow-up shot is the deciding factor... I'll bet my life on the reliability of a Smith or Ruger any day.
The "nut-busting excitement" some people experience watching OTHER people play golf, football, baseball, and basketball eludes me, too. But, to each his own. We all have different passions. And being passionate about something... anything... is a positive force in life.

I like guns. =:e I like LOTS of guns. I don't see guns solely as life preservers in the event I'm assaulted by a ne'er-do-well. Guns are also a hobby... a form of recreation... aka "fun." The Rhino is different. So, is the FNH FS2000... and the SCAR-16S... and the Five-seveN pistol. I didn't buy any of those as my "life preserver," either. I bought them because they're different... and cool... and fun to shoot. They're even fun to just fondle! The fact that some of them are "controversial" just increases the allure for me. I'm weird that way.

My EDC life preserver is a Glock 27. Decidedly ordinary. Reliable. Concealable. Comfortable. Effective.

Home life preserver has been a G23 in the past. While I still own the G23, it has been demoted with an FNP-45 Tactical to replace it as my "go to" for "bumps in the night."

The Rhino is unlike any other revolver currently on the market. I can always buy a classic S&W revolver. And, I probably will eventually. Some of them are gorgeous. Ooh... I'd like to get my hands on a Colt Python, too! But, I also like things that are "off the beaten path." I think it MIGHT be a bit more interesting to read a review of the odd-bird gun than it is to read another repetitive review of a commonly owned gun.

Then again... some folks enjoy poo-pooing anything that's out of the ordinary or simply not their style. There are guns I have no interest in. But, if I see a post by a proud new owner of one, I just don't see any point in raining on his parade. It's just not nice, IMO.

One of the things I like about forums like this one is the simple camaraderie that exists among gun owners, most of whom don't predicate their mutual respect on which guns any of us may or may not own. I also enjoy the vicarious experience of guns I don't yet own.

But, I also understand that on forums like this, there will always be the occasional member who revels in disparaging the choices of others. I'm certainly confident and assertive enough to not let such things bother me. I do find it curious and amusing. But, I take no offense. So, rock on! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Last edited by racer88 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
racer88
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by racer88 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Enoch wrote:This guy RACER has an agenda. Has anybody ever in the history of this forum, received a more insignificant "gift"... and spent more time trying to "sell" it than this guy?!!!!
Dear Eunuch,

Agenda? Yeah... My agenda is to spread the gun love! Guns are fun! Weird and unusual guns are interesting! When I show up at the range with my odd-balls and exotics, I make instant friends! I love that! I enjoy sharing the experience. When I see another guy ogling one of my toys, I almost always offer to let him try it out.

I have nothing to gain by "selling" any particular gun. Ha! I wish I did! I think I'd do quite well, if I did. [smilie=011.gif]

If I'm the first guy on this forum (and I doubt it) that has enthusiastically (or even effusively) presented and reviewed a gun, I dare say you guys need to CHEER UP and LIGHTEN UP! But, I know that can't be true. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

"Insignificant" gift? LOL! That's just weak, dude. [smilie=025.gif]

User avatar
Enoch
BANNED
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: North Broward

Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Lighten Up? Haha. Dude, you talk about this Chiappa like you invented it with your bare hands. How about you lighten up?

I'm glad you like different guns and like to share them with the rest of us uninformed neophytes.

I still see nothing remarkable about your Chiappa that would make me want to buy it. If I wanted a heavy, range, snub nosed revolver with a unique design to make others wanna come and look, GREAT!

I prefer a lightweight, proven, reliable revolver for CCW or HD. I personally find no fun in a snub nosed revolver as a range buddy. You do, fine... I don't... how bout we agree to disagree and you quit trying to sell me your Chiappa. Just be happy that you own it.

Listen, your review was very good and the video was nicely done and it definitely shows the difference in recoil. That being said, at the end of the day, all you have is a snub nosed revolver. Is it unique? Yes. Is it revolutionary? No. Are you free to go on and on and on about it? Yes, knock yourself out. I'm also free to say that I don't understand the excitement and hype and the fact that you keep going on about it, makes me wonder if you're not a paid spokesman ;)
"Try to walk into any average church and see how long it takes them to start pumping money out of you... Just like a titty bar, but with uglier people" - Razorbuc

User avatar
racer88
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by racer88 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 am

Enoch wrote:Lighten Up? Haha. Dude, you talk about this Chiappa like you invented it with your bare hands. How about you lighten up?

I'm glad you like different guns and like to share them with the rest of us uninformed neophytes.

I still see nothing remarkable about your Chiappa that would make me want to buy it. If I wanted a heavy, range, snub nosed revolver with a unique design to make others wanna come and look, GREAT!

I prefer a lightweight, proven, reliable revolver for CCW or HD. I personally find no fun in a snub nosed revolver as a range buddy. You do, fine... I don't... how bout we agree to disagree and you quit trying to sell me your Chiappa. Just be happy that you own it.

Listen, your review was very good and the video was nicely done and it definitely shows the difference in recoil. That being said, at the end of the day, all you have is a snub nosed revolver. Is it unique? Yes. Is it revolutionary? No. Are you free to go on and on and on about it? Yes, knock yourself out. I'm also free to say that I don't understand the excitement and hype and the fact that you keep going on about it, makes me wonder if you're not a paid spokesman ;)
Listen, Eunuch....

I haven't tried to sell YOU anything. Buy what you like! _:

We aren't even disagreeing, nor have we debated the merits of the Rhino design. Rather, you've spent your time disparaging me, personally, along with my motives for posting my review.

I've only continued the conversation as I have been encouraged by those who actually are interested (in this gun) and ask questions. I like talking about guns. LOL... I WISH I was a paid spokesman! I'd be a good one for Glock and FNH, too. My first handgun ever was a G19 back in 1992. Still have it. I'm a BIG FNH fan. Got four of them so far.

I could review my G23, but what could I say that hasn't already been said (a million times)? The Rhino, on the other hand, is new and there aren't many people who have even seen one. It's different. People are curious. And, since I like to talk guns, and I happen to have one... well... there ya go. Is it my favorite gun? Hardly. I would like to get one of the bigger framed Rhinos to try out, too.

It's difficult to pick a favorite. But, at the moment, I'd say the FNP-45T ranks very highly among my handguns. It's a sweet-shooting pistol. For rifles, I'd have to go with the SCAR-16S, closely followed by the FS2000 and my custom-built AR15 sniper rifle. But, then again... for cheap fun... the M&P 15-22 is awesome. Did I mention I like guns? [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Gusto7670
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by Gusto7670 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:30 am

I purchased a white rhino 4", and returned it a week later. It had a poor trigger, was hard to pull back on the hammer, the empty cases were hard to eject in three cylinders and two cylinders were gouged. I may have got a "lemon" but there was just too much wroung with the gun. I wouldn't feel confortable with this type of gun so I ended up with a S & W 357. I must say that I was disappointed because I liked the style.
I did compare it to a Rouger SP101 and noticed some difference to the recoil but not a lot. I shoot a 44mag, 454, and 460 most of the time so I wasn't that concerned with recoil.

User avatar
cal45
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Oh boy, oh boy, Oh Rhino!

Post by cal45 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 am

Gusto7670 wrote:I purchased a white rhino 4", and returned it a week later. It had a poor trigger, was hard to pull back on the hammer, the empty cases were hard to eject in three cylinders and two cylinders were gouged. I may have got a "lemon" but there was just too much wroung with the gun. I wouldn't feel confortable with this type of gun so I ended up with a S & W 357. I must say that I was disappointed because I liked the style.
I did compare it to a Rouger SP101 and noticed some difference to the recoil but not a lot. I shoot a 44mag, 454, and 460 most of the time so I wasn't that concerned with recoil.
Sorry to hear that. I agree that it does appear that you received a lemon as I have had none of those issues with my 2" White Rhino.

Post Reply