Taurus going after the Bulldog again

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Taurus going after the Bulldog again

Post by tector » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 am

The .44 special version weighs one more once than the Charter Arms Bulldog.

God, I love a .44sp snubby!

http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/Tau ... 986-1.html

May 16, 2011
Taurus Introduces New Lightweight Big-Bore Revolvers

GunReports.com) – Taurus has introduced the Model 405 and 445 revolvers, 5-shot revolvers offered in two big-bore chamberings, .44 Special and .40 S&W.

These are available in blue or matte stainless finish with the Taurus Ribber Grip.

The 445 is chambered in .44 Special and features an Ultra-Lite frame that weighs only 22 ounces. The revolver’s barrel measures 2 inches, with an overall length of 7 inches. MSRP, $452.

The 405, Taurus’ first .40 S&W revolver, features a lightweight frame that weighs just 29 ounces and includes stellar clips. The revolver’s barrel measures 2 inches, with an overall length of 7 inches. MSRP, $514.

Like all Taurus firearms, the 405 and 445 come standard with the Taurus Security System that allows users to securely lock the gun. MSRP $452 - $514.

For additional information about Taurus, visit http://www.TaurusUSA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

screenerglenn
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Taurus going after the Bulldog again

Post by screenerglenn » Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm

damn, that's gotta jump in your hands. my s&w 44 mag kicks like a mule. i can only imagine what such a lightweight would feel like. glennnnn

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm

A snubby .44 is as close as you can get to this.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Fri May 20, 2011 6:50 am

Something that powerful and light is for carrying, not shooting so much.
Anyone who has tried a Bullddog can testify to that.
But, probably no worse than all the snubby .357s folks buy.
It's always a hoot to hear a gun store clerk recommend them, to first time handgun buyers.

birdman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by birdman » Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 am

g.willikers wrote:Something that powerful and light is for carrying, not shooting so much.
Anyone who has tried a Bullddog can testify to that.
But, probably no worse than all the snubby .357s folks buy.
It's always a hoot to hear a gun store clerk recommend them, to first time handgun buyers.
Here here. I would say my .44spl Bulldog feels about the same as the Taurus 605 .357Mag i used to have. I have not had the pleasure(?) of shooting a S&W 340 in .357Mag yet, so I can't comment on that one. I would think the Scandium gun would feel worse than the Bulldog, but I don't know.

Allan
Our FREEDOM rests on 4 boxes:
Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Cartridge
NRA Certified Instructor
offering CCW classes as well

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Sun May 22, 2011 7:58 pm

I had the Taurus Tracker in 44 mag with the 2" barrel, it hurt to shoot with 240 gr mags, we named it the flame thrower. I have also shot the S&W scad frame 357. That hurt more than the flame thrower with 158 gr mags. I also have a SS Bulldog and have had it for 25 years, it was a gift to my wife and she shoots it very well , althopugh it doesn't get a lot of range time. It's just fire with the Pacmyres and 200 gr Silver Tips not so much with the wood grips.