S & W plugs for lock

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

S & W plugs for lock

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 pm

I know there was a guy on the S & W forum that was selling " the Plug " to remove/replace the lock mechanism on a lot of the newer revolvers, I remember they came in SS, Blued and I think one other option, something happened to him health wise and I wondered if anyone has found a manufacturer or someone who started making these in the mean time ...I need one
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Re: S & W plugs for lock

Post by tector » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Curious here as well.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:46 am

I think one of the mods locked the threads over there and posted that not to send the guy money till they heard from him, they suspected health reasons, but someone else or some company had to have started to make these in all that time ??? :-k
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 am

There's a guy on there that says he can make them, but is hesitant to do it if the original maker is planning to resume. See post #13. Maybe PM him and see if you can talk him into making one?

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolv ... tives.html
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 am

done and thanks, lets see what happens , I under stand no one wants to jump on a long standing members toes or sale, but there is a need and its not being filled at the moment [-(

skltr
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by skltr » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:done and thanks, lets see what happens , I under stand no one wants to jump on a long standing members toes or sale, but there is a need and its not being filled at the moment [-(

+1
A gun and a parachute are somewhat alike ... If you need one and don't have one, you'll never need one again.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:51 am

im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:14 am

Rentprop1 wrote: but there is a need and its not being filled at the moment [-(
Do tell.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:done and thanks, lets see what happens , I under stand no one wants to jump on a long standing members toes or sale, but there is a need and its not being filled at the moment [-(
Keep us posted. I bought one 5 or 6 years ago from the forum member for a carry 637 but never modified any of my range guns.

scottly
Life Member
Life Member

Post by scottly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:55 am

I have a smith 929 which I shoot in USPSA. I removed the flag and spring, but left the plug and cam in place. Over 9k rounds down the pipe, and no issues with the factory setup.

Is it ugly? Yesssss...Has it ever jammed? No.
Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

rug357

Post by rug357 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Has anyone here actually had a S&W revolver lock inadvertently luck up their gun while shooting?
I used to shoot revolvers a lot including several newer J frame revolvers in 38 Special and 357 Magnum with locks and I've never had one of mine or seen anyone else's revolver lock up while firing.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:22 pm

rug357 wrote:Has anyone here actually had a S&W revolver lock inadvertently luck up their gun while shooting?
I used to shoot revolvers a lot including several newer J frame revolvers in 38 Special and 357 Magnum with locks and I've never had one of mine or seen anyone else's revolver lock up while firing.
Usually happens with the lightweight magnums. Michael Bane famously had one, but many other cases are documented.

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2007/08 ... ilure.html
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:13 pm

sucks that it has to be there because of some B.S.....and now there is a need and want to delete it

scottly
Life Member
Life Member

Post by scottly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:37 pm

In each failure case, the flag was still in it. I always remove the flag and spring when I buy one. Never had an issue.
Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm trying to work out a deal on the S & W forum to see if I can blue a bunch of these for those guys, I'm not sure on price but I can probably get some for K-L-N models in the $30-35 range , in both blued steel and SS ..... if you are interested you can PM me in a couple of weeks for an update, this is not an I'll take 2 thread or post.....if I can't get them then I'll pass on the guys info, but he doesn't wanna spill it publicly over there and step on anyone toes