Look what followed me home!

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Look what followed me home!

Post by bmup » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

New S&W 686 Plus! I'm not really a wheel gun guy but I fondled this one at my LGS & I just couldn't give it back to them. The trigger is crisp & predictable & in SA, compares favorably to my Kimber Pro CDP. Took some photos but haven't uploaded them yet. Looks exactly like this one: Image
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Look what followed me home!

Post by BMW GUY » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Nice, I found some of my best deals on Armslist. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

GMG1

Post by GMG1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I own both the S&W686 (6 shot) and Colt python. In my opinion the 686 is a better gun. You got yourself a nice gun, the nicest .357 on the market. Now I'll wait for the hate mail from the Colt fans. I am a Colt fan, but in this instance, the S&W wins out.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:46 pm

oh dude that is so badass..i like revolvers all kinds but that one is right up there..suhweet /:f

I have at least 6 s/w revolvers and they are the chit
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:09 am

GMG1 wrote:I own both the S&W686 (6 shot) and Colt python. In my opinion the 686 is a better gun. You got yourself a nice gun, the nicest .357 on the market. Now I'll wait for the hate mail from the Colt fans. I am a Colt fan, but in this instance, the S&W wins out.
S&W always wins out IMO. I have a no dash 686. Thought of selling it a few times but then I come to my senses!
While Colt made some nice wheelies, they where very complicated internally and more likely to go "out of time" than a Smith.
The later Colts like the Trooper MKIII and family where NO match for a Smith!
Rugers may be considered more robust but they seem way less than refined compare to a Smith as well.
Simply for me, make my revolver an S&W.....preferably an older one!
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:41 am

I'm fonder of the K-frames than the L-frames, but the difference is pretty small. I never thought I'd be such a revolver collector when I started shooting six years ago.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

GMG1

Post by GMG1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:46 pm

I picked up a police trade-in S&W M19 with a 4" barrel several years ago. It was one that was carried a lot and shot very little. Still tight and smooth as glass. Rugers are very robust but I made a pretty good bit of money in Va smoothing out the internals and giving them, (mostly SP-101's) a usable trigger. Unless things have changed, it looked like Ruger finished their guns inside with a rasp.