Revolver Value

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
speed_racer
Life Member
Life Member

Revolver Value

Post by speed_racer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 am

My grandfather asked me to find a value for his gun, i understand these vary greatly in style/value so maybe you guys can help me out.

All I have is a picture, from a 35mm (and no scanner) and a copy of the front page of the owners manual.

Its a Ruger Super Blackhawk - never fired since bought new

Any specifics that change/make up the value? Whats she worth? He just wants a henry lever 22
Onree wrote: If the law becomes nothing more than a Rubik's Cube, its just a matter of time before we all end up in cuffs.

beaverfever
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Revolver Value

Post by beaverfever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

speed_racer wrote:My grandfather asked me to find a value for his gun, i understand these vary greatly in style/value so maybe you guys can help me out.

All I have is a picture, from a 35mm (and no scanner) and a copy of the front page of the owners manual.

Its a Ruger Super Blackhawk - never fired since bought new

Any specifics that change/make up the value? Whats she worth? He just wants a henry lever 22
Any idea on year? For some firearms this can be a couple hundred dollar difference.
Harry Callahan: Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here.
Crook: Who'se we sucka?
Harry Callahan: Smith and Wesson... and me.

speed_racer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by speed_racer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Says he bought it new around 1985....

Ill be trying to get all the codes tonight. He lives on the other end of the state or Id just go there.
Onree wrote: If the law becomes nothing more than a Rubik's Cube, its just a matter of time before we all end up in cuffs.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:37 pm

A new 7 1/2" stainless steel Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum is $531 shipped from Bud's.
I guess your grandfather's revolver would be about same.
As far as 27 y/o revolver being more valuable or not, I don't know as I'm not sure if there is any collector's interest.
As a shooter (instead of collection piece) I would think people would prefer a current production.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Unless there's some collector value, as a like new shooter it's worth about $400 retail, guessing.

Skeezix
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Skeezix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 pm

If you can get the serial number, you can get the year of manufacture from the Ruger website.