Will S&W eventually produce a Governor in stainless steel ?

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Will S&W eventually produce a Governor in stainless steel ?

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I really, really want a S&W Governor but want it to be all stainless steel.
Will I be taking that wish to the grave with me like so many other wishes, or do any of you all know if this one will eventually come true?
While I'm dreaming here, I would also like to see it offered in 2.5" 3" and 4" BBL lengths.
Regards,
Jon
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

GunFun

Re: Will S&W eventually produce a Governor in stainless stee

Post by GunFun » Sun May 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Just curious, why stainless? The frame is scandium nice and light and the cylinder is stainless.
Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference.

JoeCWales
Life Member
Life Member

Post by JoeCWales » Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 am

Cuz shiny guns are way more cool.
Everybody knows that.

JoeC
"Freedom is only for those with the guts to defend it."

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 am

GunFun wrote:Just curious, why stainless? The frame is scandium nice and light and the cylinder is stainless.
What JoeC said. [smilie=011.gif]

Actually, It's just personal preference, I prefer my revolvers to be all stainless.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

GunFun

Post by GunFun » Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 pm

I understand the pretty part I guess but I really like the scandium frame on this gun. I have a 686 and 629 but for me this gun looks better in black. That's what makes the world go round. They are an awesome gun I really enjoy shooting mine. Hope the make a stainless so you can enjoy it too.
Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 pm

GunFun wrote:I understand the pretty part I guess but I really like the scandium frame on this gun. I have a 686 and 629 but for me this gun looks better in black. That's what makes the world go round. They are an awesome gun I really enjoy shooting mine. Hope the make a stainless so you can enjoy it too.
Gunfun,
You convinced me to take the plunge and purchase the Governor as it is, not wait for the stainless version that probably wont ever happen.
Today I went to the Tampa gun show and purchased one.
Also picked up some of that crazy Winchester PDX1.410 DEFENDER 3 PLATED DEFENSE DISC PROJECTILES & 12 PLATED BB's. [smilie=011.gif]
The trigger on this Governor is possibly better than my other Smith's.(629 & 625)
Single action feels like custom shopped, scary light and the double action is very,very nice.
Looking forward to trying this one out at the range.
Regards,
Jon

BaywaterRoss
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BaywaterRoss » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:49 am

Jeepsnguns wrote:...Today I went to the Tampa gun show and purchased one.
Also picked up some of that crazy Winchester PDX1.410 DEFENDER 3 PLATED DEFENSE DISC PROJECTILES & 12 PLATED BB's. [smilie=011.gif]
The trigger on this Governor is possibly better than my other Smith's.(629 & 625)
Single action feels like custom shopped, scary light and the double action is very,very nice.
Looking forward to trying this one out at the range.
Regards,
Jon
Cool! Looking forward to your range report... with pix & video, right? :ber

GunFun

Post by GunFun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Glad hear you took the plunge. The trigger on mine is excellent as well. I look forward to hearing how your trip to the range went. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. :ber