Info on Colt SAA

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Info on Colt SAA

Post by Springfield » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:33 pm

A friend of a friend's dad passed and gave him what looks like an old Colt SAA. Can anyone tell from these pics what type it is? Does it look authentic or a copy? He says the fit & finish look kinda rough. Thanks for any and all information!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

Rebel

Re: Info on Colt SAA

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:45 pm

looking at the cylinder indexing notches and grip screw, I can tell you it's not a Colt, but you probably knew that.
It's not an Uberti either, or a Great western, or Hawes.
Sorry for the negatives, I don't know who the maker is, is it actually able to fire, or is the barrel blocked.
It looks more like a non-firing replica in cast zinc because there is no way to remove the cylinder pin.
Cap gun perhaps? That's my bet.
Aaron
outside of a dog, a gun is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to shoot.

Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Springfield » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks, Aaron. I really know nothing about old Colts and appreciate your helpful reply. Have not seen the gun in person but agree it looks like a replica, can see casting seam on the ejector handle in 2nd pic.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Rebel wrote:looking at the cylinder indexing notches and grip screw, I can tell you it's not a Colt, but you probably knew that.
It's not an Uberti either, or a Great western, or Hawes.
Sorry for the negatives, I don't know who the maker is, is it actually able to fire, or is the barrel blocked.
It looks more like a non-firing replica in cast zinc because there is no way to remove the cylinder pin.
Cap gun perhaps? That's my bet.
Aaron
I concur. Looks like a replica gun.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140