G & A's 2017 "Best States for Gun Owners" list

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

G & A's 2017 "Best States for Gun Owners" list

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

The list came out in Nov., 2017 and was published on-line in December, 2017.

Guns & Ammo - 2017 Best States for Gun Owners List -

Some of the Highlights for this year -

#1 - As always, Arizona, unchanged.

#51 thru 44 saw a slight change - from 2016 (DC, NY, Mass, NJ, HI, CF, CT, MD in that order) - Mass dropped below NJ to #49.

FL regained the #12 Spot, this year! Up 1 from #13. They cited the change in SYG - Proof shifting back to the prosecution.

AK regained the #2 Spot from Kansas. Citing deletion of the Alaska requirement for a CLEO signature for NFA items.
TX, VT, PA and IL steady at 8, 20, 33 and 40 respectively.

Hope it helps!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: G & A's 2017 "Best States for Gun Owners" list

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 am

permit-less carry to me is is unlicensed driving , too many stupid idiots out there, at least make them take a firearms safety course =:wvr
I'm pretty happy with what we have here in FL, of course the open carry bunch will always bitch about that but whatever

Ive read all the back and forth about the responsible gun owners in Cali, everyone keeps telling them to move out , but people with families and a good job, its hard to make that choice for a hobby
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 am

Never understand why Vermont isn't number one. No state laws, only Federal.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: G & A's 2017

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 am

weaselfire wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 am
Never understand why Vermont isn't number one. No state laws, only Federal.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Here is the synopsis of Vermont from the list ranking. Note the highlighted portions.
Despite being one of the most liberal states in the nation, Vermont has remained a gun-friendly state thanks to its lack of gun laws. The state has had permitless carry for over a century thanks to a state supreme court case but does not issue permits so that its residents can enjoy reciprocity with other states, which costs it a point. I wouldn’t actually advocate for a permit system in the state as I believe that would be a slippery slope to ending permitless carry so the 9-point score shouldn’t bother anyone. The state’s gun culture has taken a hit thanks to transplants from nearby New York and Boston which has put more than one well-established shooting range at risk due to noise complaints—thankfully, a 2006 range protection statute was upheld by the courts to protect the North Country Sportsmen’s Club in Williston. I am proud to have worked closely with local pro-gun groups on the passage of that ’06 law.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm

New Mexico’s CCW law has been around for many years and could use some updating. Bloomberg’s anti-gun group made an effort to pass a bill that would have effectively banned private transfers but, fortunately, that effort was defeated. The state gets full points in both the Black Rifle and NFA categories but loses points thanks to a weak use-of-force statute. If you are looking for a place to shoot, NRA’s Whittington Center in Raton is a gun owner’s paradise. This state holds a special place in my heart as the filming location for John Milius’ Red Dawn, one of the most pro-gun movies of all time.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/second-amend ... z55yQbjFH5
37?
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!