Well that was quick - Juciciary committee meeitng Cancelled!

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Well that was quick - Juciciary committee meeitng Cancelled!

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Apparently, the FL Senate Judiciary committee meeting on 01/10 at which SB140 was up for discussion has been cancelled, according to the FL. Senate Legislation site.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/20 ... latedBills

No word on when/if it will be rescheduled. Hopefully, this is just a cooling off period and it will be rescheduled in enough time to pass this year.

We'll see... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Well that was quick - Juciciary committee meeitng Cancelled!

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:Apparently, the FL Senate Judiciary committee meeting on 01/10 at which SB140 was up for discussion has been cancelled, according to the FL. Senate Legislation site.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/20 ... latedBills

No word on when/if it will be rescheduled. Hopefully, this is just a cooling off period and it will be rescheduled in enough time to pass this year.

We'll see... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

UPDATE: The committee meeting is back on the schedule for Tues. 01/24 at 2pm.

BAD NEWS: SB 140 (Open Carry) is *not* on the agenda at present. However, SB 128 (Self-defense immunity) is still on.

Committee Expanded Agenda...

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 pm

And yet another Update: This article was just Tweeted by TTAG -

Breaking - Florida Open carry DEAD!...

Can anyone vet this? It could be real, or it could be "fake news," but I wonder why TTAG would publish it, if it were.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 pm

We need to remind them that this very same action costs de la Portilla his job and will cost anyone else who follows it their job as well.
Libertas aut mortis!

FL_Cowboy

Post by FL_Cowboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

It's dead..... just read this over on Arfcom and called myself to confirm.

Here's the thread....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/195838 ... -2017.html

Here's what it said
Senator Anitere Flores (R) is why it is dead. Just spoke with her secretary Tiffany of the Miami District Office and asked her if Senator Flores backs Senate Bill 140. Tiffany said that Sen. Flores does not back it and will not vote for it. Her secretary in her Tallahassee Office said "the Senator does not have an opinion yet and is currently reviewing the bill and how if affects Floridans." She also told me that she's just an intern.

Sounds like Secretary Tiffany let the cat out of the bag!

Open Carry was dead before it even started this year.

Sen. Greg Steube needed four Republican votes to override the four Democrats. Sen. Flores is the turncoat traitor. Another year of Florida Gun Rights destroyed by a Republican.

Senator Anitere Flores (R)

https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/S39

District Office
10691 North Kendall Dr. Suite 309
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 270-6550

Tallahassee Office
404 Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
(850) 487-5039

Senator Anitere Flores is a threat to Florida Gun Rights. She is one of three Republican Senators that sided with the Democrats to call for a Special Session after the Fort Lauderdale Airport Terror Attack.

She stated the following.

"WE SEE NOW, WITH THIS LATEST ATTACK, THAT WE NEED TO TAKE A COMPREHENSIVE LOOK AT GUN LAWS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND FIND THE BEST WAY TO BALANCE THE INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE TO OWN GUNS VERSUS PUBLIC SAFETY."

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

FL_Cowboy wrote:It's dead..... just read this over on Arfcom and called myself to confirm.
Well, when "Florida Carry" tells me to start worrying, I'll start worrying. As of now, no statement from them.

BTW, watching the hearing, I've just learned that Sen. Flores is the President Pro Tempore.... Hmmm...... This makes things very interesting.... [smilie=popcorn.gif]
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm watching the Sen. Judiciary hearing live. They're dealing with SB 206 right now (Electronic Wills). Oddly enough, someone has raised an issue about Electronic Wills as they may or may not affect NFA trusts...

Still, it's hard not to notice all the MDA members in the audience that are right in front of the "petitoner lectern" (i.e. were people from the audience come up to speak to the committee) and in view of the camera focusing on it. Hmmmmm [smilie=eek.gif] [smilie=madeyes.gif]

Update: 02:40p SB 206 was voted on and reported "Favorably." They are now on SB128 Immunity. The sole amendment to SB128 was passed without objection. And the Dems are hammering the sponsor with all kinds of stupid questions. UGGGGHHHHH. :ham'r Thankfully, the sponsor (Sen. Bradley) is holding his own. _:

FL_Cowboy

Post by FL_Cowboy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:01 pm

He raised a good point about Living Trusts and NFA. Same guy just chewed out the Prosecutors and Democrats. Guy said he was a Latino and his wife is black. He also mentioned Campus Carry.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:10 pm

FL_Cowboy wrote:He raised a good point about Living Trusts and NFA. Same guy just chewed out the Prosecutors and Democrats. Guy said he was a Latino and his wife is black. He also mentioned Campus Carry.
Yep, I like him. :) I'm finding it a bit frustrating, though, that the majority of the petitioners that have spoken up have been "opposed" to the bill than "supporting it." Now, it could be that they're saving all the "supporters" toward the end, but we'll see. Gotta love it how the dems are sticking it to the few supporters of the bill. Ugggghhhh... Debate is going to be interesting.... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

15:15 - Eric Friday is speaking up now for Florida Carry! GO ERIC!!!

15:23 - Now, Marion Hammer is speaking in favor!!! WOO HOO!!!

15:25 -Debate has begun!

15:37 -Reported Favoraly!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Oh, now watch all the MDA folks leaving the audience!!!! [smilie=011.gif]

15:52 - SB 120 passed favorably, despite a lot of opposition from the floor.

15:56 -Last bill also passed favorably.

Meeting adjourned at 15:56

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:We need to remind them that this very same action costs de la Portilla his job and will cost anyone else who follows it their job as well.

Without a doubt !