CCW with record

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
p7fl

CCW with record

Post by p7fl » Tue May 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Relative has been clean and sober for the past 15 years. Was arrested for shoplifting at the time.
I don't know what the plea was, but being in jail straightened her life out and she now lectures at AA meetings.
Can she get an out of state CCW in Florida. As a NY'ker she will never own a gun but she loves to shoot and it would be something special for her to have a FL CCW.
thanks jon

Synaptic Misfire
Life Member
Life Member

Re: CCW with record

Post by Synaptic Misfire » Tue May 10, 2016 4:22 pm

I have a friend who had a Federal felony, did his time waited and petitioned for restoration of rights, he is a current CCW holder.

Ask a lawyer as always YMMV.
"Maybe when we secede, we'll just take the Constitution with us.
Nobody in DC is using it anyway." -Joe C. Wales

Ronald Reagan brought down the 2nd most powerful nation in the world-the Soviet Union.
Barack Obama is trying to bring down the most powerful nation in the world-the United States of America

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Have her answer questions 7 thru 16...

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/ ... ctions.pdf
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:01 pm

If it's a felony conviction, no, not until her right to have a firearm is restored.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:25 am

The criteria to get a CCW is a lot lower than the background check required to buy a gun. From time to time, a person with a CCW will get a conditional when trying to make a purchase, & then say they just received their CCW, so why would they fail their background check? I explain getting a conditional does not mean they failed, it just means the examiner can not make a decision in the 30 seconds they have. 95% of the time, people who get the conditional do get the approval shortly thereafter. Heck, I've had cops get conditionals. So the way I look at it, as long as you don't have a felony in your history, you can quality for a CCW in Florida. GARY