John Stossel Tried To Get A New York Gun Permit­

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
czharry
Life Member
Life Member

John Stossel Tried To Get A New York Gun Permit­

Post by czharry » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:20 am

John Stossel Tried To Get A New York Gun Permit­–It. Turned Out Poorly

John Stossel is an outspoken and unabashed libertarian. He’s a public figure on a major news network, where some people think his ideas about free markets and liberty should end with him being shot in the face. Hence, why he wants a gun permit for self-protection. The problem is that Mr. Stossel lives in New York, which is a bastion of anti-gun sentiment. He found that out quite explicitly when he tried to acquire a carry permit. First, the application is about 50 pages because the applicant must not only know their name, residence, lack of criminal history, etc.—but also know the definitions of other weapons.
(..edit...)
Stossel interviewed a military veteran, Robert Martinez, who was denied a permit, even though a man was beaten to death out front of his apartment complex. He said that the NYPD was rude; they had him waiting for over three hours, and denied his application. It’s not unheard of for this process to last up to a year. In Stossel’s case, it took him eight and a half months.

(read the short article here....)
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... y-n2151874
There's a storm coming.

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: John Stossel Tried To Get A New York Gun Permit­

Post by apvbguy » Mon May 02, 2016 9:11 am

this is not new news, NYC has been denying 2nd amendment rights for decades, 30 years ago it took me about 9 months to obtain a restricted permit.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

IIRC when I got mine back in the day (Monroe County / Rochester NY area) It was almost 18 months from the date I sent the complete application in, and it was around $150.

I was denied the first time for forgetting one stupid thing on the application. They are sticklers about that. Second time was fine.

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 am

and they just caught the captain of the gun license bureau selling permits.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/26/news/gu ... index.html

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

ilsrwy27
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ilsrwy27 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Sadly enough this is exactly where this country is going... :ham'r