Mounting rare earth magnet in car for gun storage

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Mounting rare earth magnet in car for gun storage

Post by 870Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:52 am

Now maybe in "Hillbilly Co.", where the Sheriff is also the dog-catcher, you might get an "atta boy" when pulled over with a gun in plain sight, but here in the land of the Democrat New Yaaawker Jew sheriff, you'd have the SWAT team on your azz, and wake up the next morning cuddled up next to Jerome in a cell. TWICE, I've been removed from my vehicle and frisked, handgun removed and emptied, serial # recorded when simply admitting to the cop that I was armed (concealed)... (And I'm the one who called them).

No case law? You go first, and please film it.
Last edited by 870Mike on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:01 am

Racist Infidel wrote:Apparently NO LEO has made an arrest of a CCW holder for carrying a firearm in their automobile that was not "securely encased."
How do you know that? My money is on this type of arrest happens almost daily.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:19 am

Concealed means concealed and if you don't follow the law you will have trouble.
Securely encased and concealed are two very different things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:26 am

870Mike wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:Use of the word "about" in "on or about" would seem to indicate that one can have the pistol "about" them in the vehicle such as they are discussing as long as it is still concealed from view.
If a cop sticks his nose in your window and sees a gun, it's not "concealed".
That is a valid point and I will concede that one. However as I said as long as it is not in plain view and is actually concealed then it would seem you are legal. The specific setup they are talking about might not pass that test though.

Regarding the hassles you've had with LE, the reason they do all that in the land of the jack-booted tyrants is because they wish they could arrest you for it but they know they can't or can't find a charge to arrest you on so they just make you as miserable as they can to discourage you from exercising your rights. Of course as you point out in such a circumstance with those type of LEOs they might nab you on open carry with this type of setup if it is in fact in view. Why did you tell them you were armed in the first place though?
Libertas aut mortis!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:39 am

I love it when ass hats fight all the way down the s';t pipe ..... [smilie=011.gif]

anyways back on the OT, I have a set of these that I bought and never installed , basically 2 rubber coated magnets with mounting screws for anywhere..... PM me if your interested I think they were $ 29
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 pm

I know we have a forum member by the name Non Conformist, but I think we have one who should be renamed Non Sequitur. Jesus.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:Why did you tell them you were armed in the first place though?
The first time I didn't know better. The second time was in the jail parking lot and not sure if I was technically in a "no go" zone, so thought it best to submit. Never again. [-X
Last edited by 870Mike on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Racist Infidel wrote:Apparently NO LEO has made an arrest of a CCW holder for carrying a firearm in their automobile that was not "securely encased."
http://www.axs.com/n-y-jets-running-bac ... rida-36693

N.Y. Jets’ Running Back Chris Johnson Arrested on Gun Charges in Florida
By: Richard Webster AXS Contributor Jan 12, 2015

Chris Johnson, the 29-year-old running back for the New York Jets, was arrested in Orlando, Florida, on the evening of Jan. 9 for violating Florida’s open carry gun law. Johnson was driving in his hometown of Orlando Friday night when police there say he rolled through a stop sign.

A spokesperson for the Orlando Police Department, Sergeant Wanda Ford, said that when police pulled Johnson over, an officer “noticed the handle of a handgun on the floor between two seats.” The gun found on the floor of Johnson’s car was a semiautomatic FN 5.7 mm.

According to the arrest report, when asked if there were any other weapons in the car, Johnson responded "No, that is the only one." As it turned out, Johnson did have a second semiautomatic, a Glock 9 mm handgun with him that he had tucked away in a bag – also on the car’s floor. Johnson confessed to having the second gun just as he was exiting his vehicle for the police.

Johnson was arrested, booked into the Orange County Jail and charged with the open carrying of a firearm. According to Florida statutes, the first gun found by police should have been concealed, locked up and not out in the open. The statute states that it "is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device."

Violating the open carry gun law is a second-degree misdemeanor. Ford didn’t know whether or not Johnson’s gun was loaded. Johnson was later released on $250 bond.

A source close to Johnson said that when police asked the running back if they could search his car, Johnson was cooperative and agreed to the search. And that’s when police found the gun “under a book bag under a seat instead of locked up, resulting in the charge for open carrying”. Johnson’s guns were properly licensed and registered. A spokesperson for the Jets said that they were aware of the situation regarding Johnson but refused to comment any further “as this is a pending legal matter."

Johnson has been struggling on the gridiron of late. After a successful tenure with the Tennessee Titans beginning in 2008, his production on the field waned which resulted in his being released from the Titans in April 2014. The Jets picked him up and gave him a two-year, $8 million contract. But his first season with New York ended with only 155 carries, 663 yards rushed and one rushing touchdown – all career lows for Johnson

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:50 pm

870Mike wrote:No case law? You go first, and please film it.
This [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Racist Infidel wrote:Well I just talked to my Sheriff Chris Blair. He confirmed my reading of the law; with a CCW you can have a handgun ANYWHERE
But he called his Sheriff =:wvr ....now I like to think I have a good working relationship with the SO here....but I wouldn't get to ask the sheriff, nor waste his time with some bull s';t like this :ham'r
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:37 am

870Mike wrote:
http://www.axs.com/n-y-jets-running-bac ... rida-36693

N.Y. Jets’ Running Back Chris Johnson Arrested on Gun Charges in Florida
By: Richard Webster AXS Contributor Jan 12, 2015

Chris Johnson, the 29-year-old running back for the New York Jets, was arrested in Orlando, Florida, on the evening of Jan. 9 for violating Florida’s open carry gun law. Johnson was driving in his hometown of Orlando Friday night when police there say he rolled through a stop sign.

I didn't read anywhere in the post/article where he held a CCW. Big difference between having a CCW and carrying an unsecured hand gun and open carry.

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:44 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Racist Infidel wrote:Well I just talked to my Sheriff Chris Blair. He confirmed my reading of the law; with a CCW you can have a handgun ANYWHERE
But he called his Sheriff =:wvr ....now I like to think I have a good working relationship with the SO here....but I wouldn't get to ask the sheriff, nor waste his time with some bull s';t like this :ham'r
I know my Sheriff on a first name basis. As he is the one who's job it is to enforce the law, why wouldn't you call him to see how he interprets/enforces the law in question? He apparently didn't think it was a waste of time; why should you?

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Racist Infidel wrote: I didn't read anywhere in the post/article where he held a CCW. Big difference between having a CCW and carrying an unsecured hand gun and open carry.
Damn, dude...I'm going to start charging you for research. My rate is $75/hr.

Gun Charges Dropped Against NFL Free Agent Chris Johnson in Orlando Arrest

Henry Pierson Curtis
Orlando Sentinel

Prosecutors declined to prosecute NFL free agent Chris Johnson this week for a January gun arrest in Orlando, records show.

In dropping the gun charges against Johnson, 29, who was wounded Sunday in a shooting that killed his friend the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office wrote, "this case is not suitable for prosecution."

The former Olympia High School athlete was stopped on the night of Jan. 9 for running a stop sign while driving with a friend when an Orlando police officer noticed a pistol on the floor between Johnson's feet, records show.

The weapon turned out to be a 20-shot Belgian pistol that fires a high-velocity 5.7 mm bullet that can pass through tactical vests worn by police officers. The handguns are legal to own. Johnson also had a 9 mm Glock pistol in a back pack next to his feet, records show.

Orlando police charged him with open carry of a firearm, but Johnson tweeted this week he had a valid concealed weapon permit.

"Mr. Johnson's concealed weapon permit is part, but not all, of the reason charges were not filed," Orange-Osceola State Attorney's spokeswoman Angela Starke said Thursday.

In the shooting early Sunday near Florida Mall, Johnson was hurt in the unsolved shooting that killed Dreekius Oricko Johnson and wounded another.

Johnson was hit in the shoulder about 4 a.m. when he told police someone in an unknown vehicle opened fire at a Jeep he was riding in near the corner of Orange Blossom Trail and Southland Boulevard.

The driver, Dreekius Johnson, died from a shot to the head.

Back seat passenger Reggie Johnson, 29, was shot in the shoulder, hand and leg.

Both survivors were treated at a local hospital.

Johnson and his business agent Lindsey Deierling could not immediately be reached for comment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/bre ... story.html

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Would seem to make my point. Your first post did not have any mention of CCW. I did not follow the link; no interest. So even though the firearm was spotted on the floor (open carry), with the CCW the State refused to prosecute. An arrest ain't s';t. Hell, I've been arrested before. Always got off.

Send the bill to

Racist Infidel
123 N. Main Street
Anytown, USA

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Well I just went out and checked.

In order to retrieve my pistol I have to,

1. lean and bend forward.

2. Stick right hand under dash.

3. Grasp pistol.

4. Pull downward while twisting pistol.

That's 4 separate and distinct moves, so I'm good! [smilie=011.gif]
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f