Traffic stop local PD no problem

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Traffic stop local PD no problem

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:42 pm

I have a huge sign on the back of my truck with company logo and a shotgun on it, there is almost not a day that goes by without me having SEVERAL firearms in the car, they are gonna see the magnetic sign and ask right away, if not I'm gonna disclose it immediately...just to avoid what I see as a hassle, don't tell them s';t and then act stupid and play the smart ass and see how far that gets you......like I stated before a little respect and being upfront goes a long way, more than you'd suspect
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Again, if asked I'll declare and display my permit as required by law but if were talking about a simple traffic stop (as opposed to a Terry stop) I'm not going to inject concealed carry in to the situation if I'm not solicited first.

We as firearms enthusiasts, probably at the top end of the bell curve of firearms knowledge, are likely much better versed in the nuances of concealed carry because we have to be.

This contact didn't go hands on or anything crazy but the potential was there, this trooper was very professional and polite in spite of her being dead wrong on the legal requirements in our state. It is not her job to decide if the fella was guilty of criminally carrying a firearm, only to make an arrest if she thinks a crime has occurred. It's up to the court to decide. If she's wrong, there are no consequences for her, qualified immunity being what it is. There will likely be tremendous consequences for the driver if the stop leads to an arrest, even if he was completely legit and the charges are dropped.

FHP wouldn't being posting this bulletin if they were confident troopers had a strong common understanding of the law.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/Bulletins/LegalTr ... aining.pdf
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 pm

In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:I have a huge sign on the back of my truck with company logo and a 14" BBC dildo on it, there is almost not a day that goes by without me having SEVERAL firearms in the car, they are gonna see the magnetic sign and ask right away, if not I'm gonna disclose it immediately...just to avoid what I see as a hassle, don't tell them s';t and then act stupid and play the smart ass and see how far that gets you......like I stated before a little respect and being upfront goes a long way, more than you'd suspect
That's a strange company logo [smilie=011.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Ive got a special Hanukkah present for you [smilie=011.gif]

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:35 pm

[smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif]
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:43 pm

Big_Mike wrote:
FHP wouldn't being posting this bulletin if they were confident troopers had a strong common understanding of the law.

Even that poorly-written drivel refers to the mystical "three step rule". =:wvr God help us.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:14 am

Rentprop1 wrote:Ive got a special Hanukkah present for you [smilie=011.gif]
Better late than never... [smilie=011.gif]

[smilie=popcorn.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 am

Same thing I got you last year

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by apvbguy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 am

Rentprop1 wrote:I have a huge sign on the back of my truck with company logo and a shotgun on it, there is almost not a day that goes by without me having SEVERAL firearms in the car, they are gonna see the magnetic sign and ask right away, if not I'm gonna disclose it immediately...just to avoid what I see as a hassle, don't tell them s';t and then act stupid and play the smart ass and see how far that gets you......like I stated before a little respect and being upfront goes a long way, more than you'd suspect
that's a whole new can of worms, many people would think that posting signs on your vehicle is an invitation to bad guys to break into the car in order to steal the weapons.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by apvbguy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 am

Big_Mike wrote:

cops know the law, hahahaha, surely you jest
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.