The Big Introduction Thread!

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
User avatar
Brandon H.
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Plant City, Florida

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Brandon H. » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:06 am

Nebulous Ordnance wrote:Name: Jorge
47 y/o
07/SOT
Favorite gun: m60 , Colt commando F/A
Hobbies Raced GP's and Superbikes since early 80's
Born and Raised in Miami, FLA still love it!
[smilie=cheers1.gif]
Welcome, those bikes are gnarly sport. =D>

User avatar
Mike
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Marion County

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Name: Mike
Age: 53
Occupation: Was a Manager of Facilities/Maintenance, now retired because of health,
Hobbies: Playing Sax, Shooting Guns, Reading,
Favorite guns: I guess my favorite is my 686, 4", but I like them all,
Education: A couple of years in community college studying Mechanical Engineering,

Hello All! =:bye

Beer Belly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Wimauma, FL

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Beer Belly » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Name: Kelly
Age: 44
Occupation: R&D Medical Device
Hobbies: hunting, fishing, coaching baseball, honey-doos
Favorite guns: My favorite hunting rifle is my savage 7mm-08
Education: Chemist
Born/Raised: Brooksville, FL

AdvenJack
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am
Location: Pasco Co. Near Rt 589 and Rt 54 Crossing
Contact:

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by AdvenJack » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 am

-Jack
-Retired
-Born early 1960
-Pasco Co. near the Suncoast Pkwy and Rt 54 crossing
{New resident from N.J. as of Fathers Day 2012}
-Biggest interest in guns is hunting related, especially
those used in African dangerous game safaris { though
I'll likely NEVER be able to afford to indulge in a trip
there myself }. I also really like black powder caplock
traditional rifles; but the super long range tactical
rifles draw my interset as well
-Live with wife and two middle school children, oldest
son {24} lives in Maryland
-Also really like:
1.Jazz guitar, the playing and the instruments, never
practiced enough to develop any skill myself
2.Sailing and salt water fishing
Jack /:f

User avatar
gunny0629
Member
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 am
Location: West Melbourne

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by gunny0629 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 am

Name: Curtis
Age: 41
Occupation: Retired
Hobbies: Shooting, reloading, fishing, baking, gardening, reading
Favorite gun(s): I love them all (Browning Hi Power)
Education: BA in general psychology, currently in grad school
Living in Melbourne

ScoutMedic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: Ormond Beach

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by ScoutMedic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:14 am

Hello All,
Been lurking awhile here And decided to sign up.

Info on me:
I am an avid shooter, I live in the Ormond Beach and over the past year got into the NFA game. I have about 2-4 weeks left on my NFA wait time paperwork on 3 suppressors and an SBR. I have some specific questions to ask so I figured why not ask my fellow Floridians :) 
I am a combat vet I was deployed to Iraq with the 1ID during Desert Shield/Storm and was reactivated in 03-04. I have paired down my weapons considerably over the past 5-6 years ridding myself of roughly a dozen firearms. I decided I was not a gun collector.. All of which I sold off where very high end pieces so I could afford "what I really wanted" ...or what I think ... "I only need".

This is all I have left
FN-SCAR 10.5" suppressed 
M14 18" suppressed
P226 NAVY suppressed
P226 NAVY 
Marlin lever action take down .Model 39A .22
And my Grandfathers 1939 Browning A-5 sweet 16

I hope to see you on the boards soon

Doc

User avatar
ipscscott
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 7679
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Davenport, FL
Contact:

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by ipscscott » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

ScoutMedic wrote:Hello All,
Been lurking awhile here And decided to sign up.

Info on me:
I am an avid shooter, I live in the Ormond Beach and over the past year got into the NFA game. I have about 2-4 weeks left on my NFA wait time paperwork on 3 suppressors and an SBR. I have some specific questions to ask so I figured why not ask my fellow Floridians :) 
I am a combat vet I was deployed to Iraq with the 1ID during Desert Shield/Storm and was reactivated in 03-04. I have paired down my weapons considerably over the past 5-6 years ridding myself of roughly a dozen firearms. I decided I was not a gun collector.. All of which I sold off where very high end pieces so I could afford "what I really wanted" ...or what I think ... "I only need".

This is all I have left
FN-SCAR 10.5" suppressed 
M14 18" suppressed
P226 NAVY suppressed
P226 NAVY 
Marlin lever action take down .Model 39A .22
And my Grandfathers 1939 Browning A-5 sweet 16

I hope to see you on the boards soon

Doc
What can are you running on your M14?
Custom Cerakote/GunKote refinishing and Hydrographic Printing, mild to wild!
Hydro Print Services
http://www.hydroprintservices.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HydroPrintServices
863-797-4226


Full service FFL/SOT manufacturer, for all your NFA goodies
Thermo Arms Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.thermoarms.com/
727-776-4274

ScoutMedic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: Ormond Beach

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by ScoutMedic » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 am

ipscscott wrote:
ScoutMedic wrote:Hello All,
Been lurking awhile here And decided to sign up.

Info on me:
I am an avid shooter, I live in the Ormond Beach and over the past year got into the NFA game. I have about 2-4 weeks left on my NFA wait time paperwork on 3 suppressors and an SBR. I have some specific questions to ask so I figured why not ask my fellow Floridians :) 
I am a combat vet I was deployed to Iraq with the 1ID during Desert Shield/Storm and was reactivated in 03-04. I have paired down my weapons considerably over the past 5-6 years ridding myself of roughly a dozen firearms. I decided I was not a gun collector.. All of which I sold off where very high end pieces so I could afford "what I really wanted" ...or what I think ... "I only need".

This is all I have left
FN-SCAR 10.5" suppressed 
M14 18" suppressed
P226 NAVY suppressed
P226 NAVY 
Marlin lever action take down .Model 39A .22
And my Grandfathers 1939 Browning A-5 sweet 16

I hope to see you on the boards soon

Doc
What can are you running on your M14?
As soon as my NFA paperwork comes in ... Hopefully the next few weeks I will be running a Surefire FA762K with the FA762KM14 flash hider / adapter .

achilles00775
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:06 pm
Location: Miami

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by achilles00775 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi!

First time newcomer to any of this (shooting, guns, gun range(s), etc.)

In keeping with the following format outlined in the first couple of posts in the start up of this thread [ie Name, age, occupation, hobbies, favorite gun, education etc. in no particular order.]

Name: Faraji
Age:22
Occupation: College Student
Hobbies: Reading, Exercising, Planning for the future, Economics
Favorite Gun: I'm a complete beginner so I don't really have one as I don't know the difference between any of them. But I guess I'll just go on ahead and pick for my answer the one recommended to me as a beginner. .22LR . Oops! Not sure if that's a gun or a particular bullet size. The nomenclature I don't exactly grasp firmly yet either. But I heard the CZ 452 Ultra lux is pretty good though!
Education: Not originally from here as I was born in Missouri so I come from both college and highschool from there and was just transferred down here for college.

Well after perusing the internet looking for a place, this certainly seems like a great forum and resource for anyone in Florida wanting to expand their knowledge on gun(s) or gun usage, so here i am!
i guess the first thing I'm supposed to do is look for a club ..or a range, but have no idea of the differences between the different ranges to choose from or how many ranges there are to choose from.

User avatar
D_GUNNER
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Citrus County

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by D_GUNNER » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm 54 years old
I live in the Hills of Florida
Retired from Generous Motors after 30 years
I Hunt, Shoot, Fish & about ready to start Reloading
Favorite gun...don't have just one
/:f

User avatar
Direct_ecneulfnI
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm
Location: Jupiter, FL

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Direct_ecneulfnI » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Name - Rob
Age - 30
Occupation - Electrician / Equipment Tech (Mechanic)
Hobbies - What ever I can afford to do that day.
Favorite gun - Saiga 12 --->
Education - Just enough to be dangerous.

ikaika
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am
Location: Miami

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by ikaika » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Name - Paul
Age - 46
Occupation - Trader
Hobbies - Fishing, Musician.
Favorite gun - All of them
Education - College

User avatar
hellbillyxx
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm
Location: cocoa fl.

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by hellbillyxx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:06 pm

name chance
age 34
occupation metal finisher
hobbies any thing that uses gas or gun powder
favorite gun all

User avatar
Nodyagr
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Tampa Fl.

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Nodyagr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Name: Greg
Age: 49
Occupation: Retired Big Box Sporting Goods Store Manager. I work out of the house now. Sales.
Education: University of South Alabama (big Bama fan) Roll Tide
Favorite gun: Colt Mustang .380 plus II SS, Sig 226 Platinum Elite, HK p30L

oldguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by oldguy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:32 pm

name: Oldguy
Retired 3 years
Education: 22 years Law Enforcement
Favorite weapon: Too many.
"Thanks"__
Oldguy.

Wolfie70
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: Town 'n Country, FL

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Wolfie70 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Name: Jon
Retired after 24 years USAF
Age:42
Favorite Gun: Springfield XDM 40 Compact

User avatar
Old Cold Warrior
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 pm
Location: Deep behind enemy lines (Maryland), trying to get back to FL

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Old Cold Warrior » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 am

Name: Dave
Age: August, 1962 (Do the math)
Occupation: Teach Active-duty Military people how to kill people, break things, and spy on you. (Navy Vet, Wings of Gold!)
Education: Embry Riddle BS
Interests: Scouting, Golf, Shooting, Fishing, Boating (Power and Sail)
Favorite firearms: Browning Hi-Power (9mm & .40S&W), and all the rest of them that go “bang”.
Location: Deep behind enemy lines (Maryland), came here for a job – big mistake.
I’m trying to get back to Florida. I spent 26 years in Jacksonville, trying to get back to that area.
/:f
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar
oldknome
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: St Pete

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by oldknome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 am

Old Cold Warrior wrote:Name: Dave
Occupation: Teach Active-duty Military people how to kill people, break things, and spy on you. (Navy Vet, Wings of Gold!)
Location: Deep behind enemy lines (Maryland), came here for a job – big mistake.
I’m trying to get back to Florida. I spent 26 years in Jacksonville, trying to get back to that area.
/:f
You're up in my old home and was Navy, too. Wish someone would have taught me all that when I was in
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Wfdez82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by Wfdez82 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Hello everyone

Name: Will
Age:30
Occupation: motorcycle tech
Hobbies: motorcycles of all kinds, guns, outdoors, rock climbing
Favorite gun: it's impossible to pick just one
Education: graduated from a tech school

User avatar
TheProdigy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: The Big Introduction Thread!

Post by TheProdigy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Name: Joseph
Age: 18
Occupation: Student and Lifeguard
Fave guns: Colt Python, Sig 556, Glock 19, Ak 47 (sar-1), and AR-15 (all in no particural order)
Education: In highschool but hoping to be accepted into the United States Naval Academy /:f
Hobbies: shooting, hunting, mudding, hiking, camping, swimming, and soccer!
Si vis pacem, para bellum- If you want peace, prepare for war.

Post Reply