Starting the long slow process of moving to Florida

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
PissedOffPatriot

Starting the long slow process of moving to Florida

Post by PissedOffPatriot » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving to Florida in a few years, and wanted to join up here so I can begin to familiarize myself with the Gunshine State. Currently, I'm a hostage to the State of NY after having moved here from the Live Free or Die State many decades ago when I was young and foolish. I'm just waiting for the last of my kids to finish college and get out on their own, so I can split this liberal hellhole of a state.

I have fond memories of visiting my grandparents as a child when they lived in Pompano Beach, and I visit Central Florida regularly now that my parents have retired full time there. In fact, when I was down there in the spring, I bought one of those illegal "assault weapons" (as defined by NY law), and had it shipped to NY where I (temporarily) made it legal to own here. I can hardly wait to return it to it's former glory once I move to Florida!

NorincoKid

Re: Starting the long slow process of moving to Florida

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Welcome!

I did my first 30 years in western NY. I miss the food, and my family, but I should have left that place sooner.

:ber

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:33 am

Welcome,
Both of my parents were born in NY state, Buffalo and Rochester.
Neither ever went back after moving away except when my Dad and I went to the Formula One races at Watkins Glen years ago.
NY needs to become two states, split into West and East.
Tell your kids to move out and get jobs so you can get on with your life.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:41 pm

g.willikers wrote:Welcome,
Both of my parents were born in NY state, Buffalo and Rochester.
Neither ever went back after moving away except when my Dad and I went to the Formula One races at Watkins Glen years ago.
NY needs to become two states, split into West and East.
Tell your kids to move out and get jobs so you can get on with your life.
Watkins Glen is a pretty cool track, been there with my Uncle a few times when I was younger.

I was born/raised in Rochester.

Your'e absolutely right though, that state should be split. NYC " [smilie=042.gif] " ruins the rest of the state.

PissedOffPatriot

Post by PissedOffPatriot » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:31 pm

So right, but it'll never happen, unfortunately.

Upstate NY is such a beautiful place, but the NYC hold over it, with all the corruption, high taxes, and destruction of upstate businesses and overall "freedom" has ruined it for everyday Americans. That, and I'm at the point in my life where I'm getting tired of dealing with the snow.

Two kids are already moved out, just need the youngest to follow suit in a few years.

Besides my parents, my wife and I have friends that have a place on the gulf side, and we've visited them in August a couple of times. The heat was no big deal to me, it sure beats 20 below windchills.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:35 pm

PissedOffPatriot wrote:So right, but it'll never happen, unfortunately.

Upstate NY is such a beautiful place, but the NYC hold over it, with all the corruption, high taxes, and destruction of upstate businesses and overall "freedom" has ruined it for everyday Americans. That, and I'm at the point in my life where I'm getting tired of dealing with the snow.

Two kids are already moved out, just need the youngest to follow suit in a few years.

Besides my parents, my wife and I have friends that have a place on the gulf side, and we've visited them in August a couple of times. The heat was no big deal to me, it sure beats 20 below windchills.
Good luck. I'm almost 2 years gone from the PRNJ. Absolutely love it! :ber

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:59 am

If you visit here get yourself a non-resident CCW.

That way when you finally arrive all you have to do is go on-line and change your address and you have a resident CCW.

Gotta love this state

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington