General & Trading rules

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
chasdw

Post by chasdw »

Re: General & Trading rules
Post by gforester » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm "I think that is way too often. It isn't like we get 50 BST posts in a day. How about only once every 4 or 5 days? Ads are generally on the first page of BST for at least a week before they get buried."

"Odessaman wrote: ↑Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:06 pm No bumping of ad more frequently than once every 24 hrs."

What about a compromise? No ad bumping for 48 or 72 hours?
gforester

Post by gforester »

Is it still a minimum of 10 posts before gaining access to the BST forum?
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

gforester wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 pm Is it still a minimum of 10 posts before gaining access to the BST forum?
Actually, I think that you shouldn't trade if you're still a newly registered. This lasts 25 posts. I can change it, of course. Now, As everybody is newly registered, this rule should apply later.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

OSD wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 am
fsnadmin wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:07 am
Odessaman wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 pm Or, could just require location be posted in title of ad.
I am rebuilding rules and I think that it should be done this way.
How about having the location in the first line of the ad. It would make reading the titles shorter and easier to go through.
We used to have to have our location listed in our profile so that it showed under our name in posts. I think this needs to be implemented again.
Location needs to be a requirement to use the BST, county fine but not south Florida or central Fl like many used before. City preferred .
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

County is good, city is better. I agree with Rent. A lot of "south FL" sale ads were in St. Pete, or the keys. That's too big a spread.
rentprop1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:29 am

How about having the location in the first line of the ad. It would make reading the titles shorter and easier to go through.
We used to have to have our location listed in our profile so that it showed under our name in posts. I think this needs to be implemented again.
Location needs to be a requirement to use the BST, county fine but not south Florida or central Fl like many used before. City preferred .
gforester

Post by gforester »

Agreed
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

+1 on this.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 am why don't we try to self govern for a while and see how that works out , we can rid just about anyone but the bots and scammers, Im sure that has to be done on an admin level .... :mrgreen:
Look at the formerly called "epic picture thread" and the BST. Nobody is able or willing to follow simple rules. They just don't care and if they can do it to piss you off, they will.

I can offer you a mod position if you want.