Czech VZ61 Project Pics

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
NorincoKid

Czech VZ61 Project Pics

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:52 am

FWIW its super easy to do these.

Finally got all my stuff laid out on my work bench to put together a VZ61

Probably could have taken some more pictures. The hardest part was figuring out how the bolt hold open/mag release parts go together. They all lock each other in to place. Had to hit up a youtube video to figure that one out.

The mods to the original FCG parts for semi-auto only were super easy as well. Two quick dremel operations.

The magazine release needs some fitting. The mags take ALOT of force to get past the release button, looks like ill have to clean up the "angle" of the part. If I push the button in a hair, the mags go in just fine. But pretty straight-forward.

Debating on the form 1 to put the folding stock on, the receiver I used is drilled and tapped for the "adapter" to put the factory stock back on.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Czech VZ61 Project Pics

Post by molivo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Very cool. Whatd it cost all in?
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:34 pm

molivo wrote:Very cool. Whatd it cost all in?
Too much for what it is, a big 32ACP pistol. But its something thats been on my "want" list for a long time, a nice addition to a Com-Bloc firearms collection. And Ive always been fond of the Czech stuff.

So its a little under $700 all-in. I probably could have bought a commercial/export pistol for a little less, but wanted one from an issued military kit that showed a little character. The kit I got (all matching numbers, even the cut receiver pieces and stock were from same gun) was probably a 9/10 condition kit. Marked SHE with the crossed swords, made in 1966. Nice, still had most of its bluing and bore was nice. Just filled with grime & stuff from what id imagine was a long time in storge somewhere.

The kit came with a leather holster for it (huge) and a pouch for the (2) 20 round magazines. Im pretty happy with it. It wasnt cheap, but I dont want to be kicking myself in the ass in twenty years when I can't find one.

So, gun broken down;

Original barrel SMG Parts Kit, 1x 10rnd, 2x 20rnd, Holster & Pouch - $295

CSA Receiver (import, not US) & SA Selector - $295

Folding Stock adapter plate - $50 (shipped to family in different state until NFA is decided)

Plus the shipping, NICS on receiver, just under $700. Didnt need to buy any other semi auto parts (Original parts were modified to semi only, some parts "thrown away) and no 922r expenses.

That weird straight up vertical ejection port;

With the stock clipped into front sight (No adapter or way to physically attach to receiver, no funny business)

And size comparison to a Walther P1;

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:38 am

Very cool. Ive always wanted to sbr one.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140