Krinkov

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
NorincoKid

Krinkov

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Still have to mail the barrel out to have it lathed and populated, but heres the start of my other Krinkov project.

Mix of Russian Tula/Bulgarian parts. Still not 100% sold on the Underfolding stock, half tempted to buy a SF receiver and stock and see if that would be better. Ive never had one, and have always been a fan of underfolders but have a couple already so may try something new.

Mock-up on an old stripped PAP-M92PV receiver shell;

Figure once I get the barrel assembly back, ill have it put together as a pistol while waiting for the tax stamp and then have it rebuilt on the new underfolder receiver (or SF, undecided) when the time comes.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Krinkov

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:29 pm

stop saying populate , you sound like one of those noobs on the AKfiles [smilie=011.gif]

and beautiful wood BTW :ber
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:stop saying populate , you sound like one of those noobs on the AKfiles [smilie=011.gif]
Force of habit. That damn place...changes a man.

And thank you, im glad you like my wood....Im happy to be able to replace that black plastic tacticool stuff that came with it.

Still half tempted to get a SF receiver (cheap enough, $69) and one of those Taiwanese folders and see if I like it. Thats the only reason I havent submitted the forms yet.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:52 pm

whats the price diff between the AKB folder and the Taiwanese ??

I have everything for a Krink except, barrel, HG's and a HG retainer , its on my to do list, keeping an eye out for cheap wood and a round retainer ....would love to find one of these PG front HG's, I thinks its airsoft thought ??
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:whats the price diff between the AKB folder and the Taiwanese ??

I have everything for a Krink except, barrel, HG's and a HG retainer , its on my to do list, keeping an eye out for cheap wood and a round retainer ....would love to find one of these PG front HG's, I thinks its airsoft thought ??
That very well may be Airsoft. Ive only seen those for sale once or twice, I dont think many are still floating around.

Retainer....KVAR is the only place im aware of (for bulgy/russian type retainer). Not aware of the slightly larger yugo availability.

The AKBuilder SF stock is Taiwanese. I think its a little steep, but cant find a complete unit with latch and everything for less so....thats my rough spot. Recever & stock = $250ish [smilie=012.gif] . I already a few receivers here I could use, but really think im going to have to get that damn side folder.
Last edited by NorincoKid on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:10 pm

we did a Draco SBR with one of those AKB side folders , full on receiver cut, weld up and drill and file, but I need a real Krink in 5.45

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:we did a Draco SBR with one of those AKB side folders , full on receiver cut, weld up and drill and file, but I need a real Krink in 5.45
Sadly I gave up on 5.45x39

It was such a small percentage of my "AK collection" compared to 7.62 (rifles/parts/ammo/mags) that I decided to just stick to one....keeping 7.62

You did that receiver from a fixed stock? It looks super clean....kudos

How were the welds? Did it feel "chinsy" or shitty? Good enough or drop extra coin on a russian assembly?

AOA and Atlantic both have those Morrisey receivers in stock for $69. I got one of their UF models and it looks pretty good. Its the $200 (after shipping etc) stock setup thats slowing me down from pulling the trigger on that.

Ive never had a side folder, so id hate to drop $250 and not like it. Always been fond of UF, but flavor is the captain steinbrenners of life and technically missing that from my collection so....damnit im gonna have to sell some s';t to fund that. Hate doing that.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:56 pm

NorincoKid wrote:
You did that receiver from a fixed stock? It looks super clean....kudos

How were the welds? Did it feel "chinsy" or shitty? Good enough or drop extra coin on a russian assembly?

AOA and Atlantic both have those Morrisey receivers in stock for $69. I got one of their UF models and it looks pretty good. Its the $200 (after shipping etc) stock setup thats slowing me down from pulling the trigger on that.

Ive never had a side folder, so id hate to drop $250 and not like it. Always been fond of UF, but flavor is the captain steinbrenners of life and technically missing that from my collection so....damnit im gonna have to sell some s';t to fund that. Hate doing that.
if you click that pic you can search around my photobucket, its wide open, that was the original Draco receiver, removed the pistol rear block and had to cut forward into the receiver for the side folder profile, weld up the old rear block holes and scoot everything forward 1/4 inch, the welds are perfect after the parkerizing, only issue is the front latch had to be cut right in the middle of the word Draco on the front left side, we SBR'ed it from a pistol using the same serial number so we had to reuse that receiver.

as far as the stock its pretty close to the original Bulgy that I have, slight cosmetic differences...haven't seen too many original Russian side folders so couldn't tell ya, I didn't think there were many original Russians and people often confused the Bulgys with Russians :-k
the stock was like $ 186 back then from AKB IIRC ?? not worth it if you ask me

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Hopefully might have my barrel assembly back by this weekend...

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Barrel(s) finally found their way back to me!

The barrel I sent out wound up being a tad small for two of the three journals, and he knurled them but wasnt thrilled about it so I wound up getting another blank turned for it.

Just a mock-up on a old M92PV receiver...

Still debating on underfolder or side folder for a form 1, or just leave it as a pistol and drop stamp money on other projects (VZ61 Scorpion on my bench as well)

I'd imagine the fireballs from that 8.3" 7.62 barrel will pretty neat.