Refinished Sig P239

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
orangewirenut

Refinished Sig P239

Post by orangewirenut » Fri May 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Just had my recently purchased used P239 refinished by s3custom in Bradenton. It's done in Patriot Brown and Graphite Black. It looks darker in person than the picture makes it seem. Very happy with the results.

“Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.” - Doctor Who

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - S'chn T'gai Spock

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Refinished Sig P239

Post by 305tillimoved » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 pm

that looks great. =D>
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

Enoch
BANNED

Post by Enoch » Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 pm

orangewirenut wrote:It looks darker in person than the picture makes it seem.

Not sure if you took the pic with a camera or a phone, but your white-balance setting is off. That's why the pic looks different. FYI
"Try to walk into any average church and see how long it takes them to start pumping money out of you... Just like a titty bar, but with uglier people" - Razorbuc

orangewirenut

Post by orangewirenut » Sat May 04, 2013 6:28 am

Enoch wrote: Not sure if you took the pic with a camera or a phone, but your white-balance setting is off. That's why the pic looks different. FYI
You called it... Those are iPhone pics due to me being too lazy to get the real camera out.
“Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.” - Doctor Who

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - S'chn T'gai Spock

bonjorno2
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bonjorno2 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Looks nice
Focus on your front sight... the rest should be blurry!

thorazine
Life Member
Life Member

Post by thorazine » Sat May 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Yup!

Very nice.

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:12 am

Looks nice. How does the finish hold up? I mean, how is it compared to other types of finish(s)? What do they charge for a full pistol?

orangewirenut

Post by orangewirenut » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:50 am

So far the finish is great. I conceal carry it in an IWB holster and have made a few range trips firing 250± rounds and it looks just like the day I got it back from being refinished. Very happy with it. Ken at S3custom in Bradenton charged me $150 to refinish it. That is his standard rate for up to 2 colors and with him doing the complete disassembly, he charges slightly less if you disassemble it but I had him put my new night sights on and replace a few other parts at the same time so I just let him do it all.