Saiga Kenetic Energy Cannon

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Saiga Kenetic Energy Cannon

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 am

first the credit...stole the name and idea from Mr Scratchy on the Saiga forum to put a Russian PKM stock and some FAL hand guards on a Saiga 12....now everyone wants to go sleeker and lighter with their Saiga 12, but since I'm not gonna use it for 3 gun anymore... I decided to go heavy and make it look like a squad heavy support weapon....some bright red trans-tint die and denatured alcohol for the stock color and a coat of shellac with a hint of the die to darken it a bit......color as you see it in that light is really close to the exact color
sanding and profiling that PKM stock was a bear, the first pic you can see how it starts off, cutting that AK profile was not easy
the front half
( how the FAL heavy barrel HG's look before )
I took a CSS front rail and fitted them as you can not use the FAL rails on a Saiga ( too much modification )

a quick mock up

the finished product, I test fired it at Manatee this past weekend , the shellac was still a little sticky [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Saiga Kenetic Energy Cannon

Post by BMW GUY » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Nice piece of kit you made there. Man I wanted to shoot it but somehow got distracted by a mutual friend of ours.

Casual
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Casual » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 pm

BMW GUY wrote:Nice piece of kit you made there. Man I wanted to shoot it but somehow got distracted by a mutual friend of ours.
Who? The guy with the Jar?
"What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?"

Dave P
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave P » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 am

That ... is ... interesting, at least!
Go Trump!

george_995
Life Member
Life Member

Post by george_995 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 am

Looks awesome. Glad to see the furniture finished.
Ni he la na gaofar la na scoilb.

The thing about Smart mother f***ers is that sometimes, they sound like Crazy mother f***ers to Stupid mother f***ers ....