Rossi m92 spring replacement

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Rossi m92 spring replacement

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 pm

I bought a spring replacement kit from Brownells for a Rossi m92, and the ejector spring is too long. I'm sure a professional could get it in or two people with small hands, but for mere mortals, the spring is too long. And what gets me is that there's no reason for making it that long when you know the original is half the length. Well, there is one reason--it was cheaper to make because they got a super deal on that diameter wire.

I am sick and tired of dealing with inferior products, and a replacement spring pack from Brownells should not be an inferior product. I could have bought spring packs from other companies, but the name Brownells meant something to me. I am a fool for letting brand loyalty to brownell sway my decision.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Rossi m92 spring replacement

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 pm

They sell things like scalpels on ebay doesnt mean everyone is qualified for surgery....take it to a professional and pay them to do it...bashing a quality name because you can't isnt the answer....there is probably a reason ( above your pay grade ) why, its longer. :ham'r
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:38 pm

A little Googleing will bring up a guy guy out west somewhere who sets those guns up for the cowboy action fags.

He sells kits for the diy types, and even includes a how to video.

Tell him El Monte Slim sent ya! [smilie=011.gif]

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:They sell things like scalpels on ebay doesnt mean everyone is qualified for surgery....take it to a professional and pay them to do it...bashing a quality name because you can't isnt the answer....there is probably a reason ( above your pay grade ) why, its longer. :ham'r
I can answer it. I can make my own springs. It isn't brain surgery. The spring is long because the manufacturers got a cheap deal on that gauge wire, so instead of using a shorter spring in a thicker gauge they made a longer spring in a thinner gauge. That you think that's complicated doesn't reassure anyone about the level of your competence.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams