Any Wine-O's on FSN ?

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Any Wine-O's on FSN ?

Post by flcracker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:39 am

hueytaxi wrote:...we had a local friend who made wine from some of the local grapes. I'm talking a backyard shed operation, but when chilled it was a rather remarkable drink on a hot afternoon on the sands.
And thank YOU for reminding me to prepare to do what I meant to do last year - make strawberry wine as soon as the Plant City Strawberry Festival is over and the prices at the farm stands drop to $5/flat. There is absolutely nothing more refreshing in the shade on a hot August beach than homemade strawberry Chablis over ice! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] :ber
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

hueytaxi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Any Wine-O's on FSN ?

Post by hueytaxi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:33 am

flcracker wrote:
hueytaxi wrote:...we had a local friend who made wine from some of the local grapes. I'm talking a backyard shed operation, but when chilled it was a rather remarkable drink on a hot afternoon on the sands.
And thank YOU for reminding me to prepare to do what I meant to do last year - make strawberry wine as soon as the Plant City Strawberry Festival is over and the prices at the farm stands drop to $5/flat. There is absolutely nothing more refreshing in the shade on a hot August beach than homemade strawberry Chablis over ice! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] :ber
Totally off subject.....we have a mutual acquaintance. Last year I saw your rage boxes for sale. I did not bid, because my best friend was already in contact. He didn't really need both. I asked him about them over dinner one night and now we each have one of them.

Also I once worked for a drink company and we had a line of 7 oz. juice in bottles. We found our capper was no good and got a lot of inventory back because a few bottles in every pallet were exploding from fermentation. Rather than trash all this "potential" we began pouring the bottles showing internal pressure into the 5 gallon glass water bottles. A little sugar and a dab of yeast, cover the top with vegetable oil and wait until the bubbles stop. Our lab guy took some of our apple wine, distilled it into some great apple jack.
He who never looks will never see; he who never explores will never learn; he who never speaks will never be heard.