REALLY aged beef

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
tector
Life Member
Life Member

REALLY aged beef

Post by tector » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:31 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: REALLY aged beef

Post by Racist Infidel » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:33 pm

I worked in a butcher shop when I was in high school. The butcher would put standing rib roasts in the cooler for 60 days to age. We had to cut the green mold off the outside of the meat too get to the eatable parts. Looked like hell but the flavor was like nothing else you've ever eaten. =:e

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 am

Racist Infidel wrote:I worked in a butcher shop when I was in high school. The butcher would put standing rib roasts in the cooler for 60 days to age. We had to cut the green mold off the outside of the meat too get to the eatable parts. Looked like hell but the flavor was like nothing else you've ever eaten. =:e
I'll occasionally dry age a beef loin at home. Still on the fence if its worth the hassle and trouble.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

black_coupe

Post by black_coupe » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Funny that I Google'd this a few months ago.... here's is a good article I came across

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/01/the- ... -home.html