Leinenkugel Seasonal brews

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Leinenkugel Seasonal brews

Post by Jeepsnguns » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Available at my local Publix...Leinenkugel (I have no idea how to pronounce that) from Wisconsin makes a couple really good winter seasonal brews.
The last couple of years I have looked forward to their Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, rich, black, thick as 10W-30 motor oil and very tasty with a 6% ABV .
Now here's whats going to get me in trouble, today I picked up a six pack of Leinenkugel Cranberry Ginger Shandy (4.2% ABV) to see if my wife likes it since she likes cranberry and she likes ginger.
So I figured I would try one first just to make sure it wasn't skunked. :---)
The first few sips were a disappointment and I was ready to throw out the rest of the six pack, but around 1/4 way through the bottle it started to grow on me.
I'm on my second bottle now.
I'm not into fruity flavored beers, and I dont squeeze fruit of any kind into a beer, if a beer requires a squeeze of lemon or lime it's s';t beer and doesn't need to be had.
That being said, if you can get past the gayish name, this brew is quite tasty.
I cant really taste the ginger, it does have a hint of cranberry, not bad. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
And the Snowdrift Porter is one of the best porters I have ever had.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Leinenkugel Seasonal brews

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:18 pm

I enjoy their summer shandy
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

DaveM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by DaveM » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Line-en-kew-gl or "Linies". I've drank more than my fare share when my gf went to UW Eau Claire which is right up the road from where Linies is brewed. Good stuff!

[smilie=cheers1.gif]

It's almost as good as Point Beer were I went to college. ImageImage
Last edited by DaveM on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sleepyhead
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sleepyhead » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:53 pm

I sometimes enjoy their Summer Shandy if nobody's looking :) I'll have to try the Cran-whatever-it-is-you-said :)

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

sleepyhead wrote:I sometimes enjoy their Summer Shandy if nobody's looking :) I'll have to try the Cran-whatever-it-is-you-said :)
Cranberry Ginger Shandy....there I said it again [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=012.gif] [smilie=011.gif]
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

hueytaxi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hueytaxi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Joker Marchant began serving it on draft last season. Passable, but I went back to Yuengling there. They changed from the Bud distributor to the Miller/Coors.
He who never looks will never see; he who never explores will never learn; he who never speaks will never be heard.

poprivit

Post by poprivit » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I have one bottle left of the cranberry ginger shandy. Get it real cold and it's pretty good.

- so is Patron Cafe, but that's another story -