Local beers

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Local beers

Post by flcracker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Have you found any craft beers that are brewed in your AO that are worthy of discussion? :-k [smilie=cheers1.gif]

I'm currently wrapping my tonsils around a Motorworks (Bradenton) Pulp Friction APA - on tap at Copperheads in Safety Harbor. It tastes much like the air tastes around the Tropicana juice plant during citrus juicing season, just without the nasty burnt overtones. If you like a slice of Valencia or Hamilton orange with your mildly hoppy pale ale, you might like this beer. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] [smilie=cheers1.gif]

My taste runs to hoppy pale ales and mild IPAs. Reef Donkey (Tampa Bay Brewing Co) is my daily refreshment.

Your turn.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Local beers

Post by Odessaman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Big Storm Wavemaker is pretty good - kind of reminiscent of New Belgium Fat Tire.
~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Not your cup of tea flcracker but for any stout aficionados in FSN world the Motorworks Midnight Espresso brewed here in Bradentucky is as good as any stout I've had.... lots of coffee & chocolate undertones, very tasty.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Pizzim
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Pizzim » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am

Have you checked out crooked thumb? Right around the corner from you and lots of tasty brews
"you cant miss fast enough to win" " Don't slow down, Just aim faster"

Two Brothers Armory FFL 07/02
www.twobrothersarmory.com

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am

Pizzim wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am
Have you checked out crooked thumb? Right around the corner from you and lots of tasty brews
Yep - I stroll over there about once a week for brews & tunes. Their Shade Tree IPA & Grandpa Jack's Pils are great regular offerings, and their featured special runs can be awesome.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

There is a bunch of brewerys in Palm Beach...only been to a couple but really enjoyed Copperpoint and Due South.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Dragracer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragracer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:12 am

Copes Brewery in Crystal River has a Southern Grit that is great! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

jwillgym
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwillgym » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 am

Most of the IPA beer I've had tasted like grapefruit because of the hops. Don't see what people like about them. I'll take a nice Bass or Stella Artois over an IPA any day.
IYAOYAS