Local beers

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Local beers

Post by flcracker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Have you found any craft beers that are brewed in your AO that are worthy of discussion? :-k [smilie=cheers1.gif]

I'm currently wrapping my tonsils around a Motorworks (Bradenton) Pulp Friction APA - on tap at Copperheads in Safety Harbor. It tastes much like the air tastes around the Tropicana juice plant during citrus juicing season, just without the nasty burnt overtones. If you like a slice of Valencia or Hamilton orange with your mildly hoppy pale ale, you might like this beer. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] [smilie=cheers1.gif]

My taste runs to hoppy pale ales and mild IPAs. Reef Donkey (Tampa Bay Brewing Co) is my daily refreshment.

Your turn.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Local beers

Post by Odessaman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Big Storm Wavemaker is pretty good - kind of reminiscent of New Belgium Fat Tire.
~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Not your cup of tea flcracker but for any stout aficionados in FSN world the Motorworks Midnight Espresso brewed here in Bradentucky is as good as any stout I've had.... lots of coffee & chocolate undertones, very tasty.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Pizzim
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Pizzim » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am

Have you checked out crooked thumb? Right around the corner from you and lots of tasty brews
"you cant miss fast enough to win" " Don't slow down, Just aim faster"

Two Brothers Armory FFL 07/02
www.twobrothersarmory.com

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am

Pizzim wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am
Have you checked out crooked thumb? Right around the corner from you and lots of tasty brews
Yep - I stroll over there about once a week for brews & tunes. Their Shade Tree IPA & Grandpa Jack's Pils are great regular offerings, and their featured special runs can be awesome.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

There is a bunch of brewerys in Palm Beach...only been to a couple but really enjoyed Copperpoint and Due South.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Dragracer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragracer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:12 am

Copes Brewery in Crystal River has a Southern Grit that is great! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

jwillgym
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwillgym » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 am

Most of the IPA beer I've had tasted like grapefruit because of the hops. Don't see what people like about them. I'll take a nice Bass or Stella Artois over an IPA any day.
IYAOYAS

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm currently enamored with an ale from Cigar City Brewing out of Tampa named "Maduro Brown Ale".
Shouting out to you dark malty non IPA beer aficionados out there, this is awesome.
It's not a stout or a porter, just a phenominal brown ale!!! :ber
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:37 pm

When in St Pete, try to stop by 3 Daughters. Super nice people. Family atmosphere. Excellent beer.

chuckusaret

Post by chuckusaret » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm not a big craft beer drinker but I have stopped and had a beer or two in the ones in Palm Beach Gardens and Tequesta.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/tapped/pa ... beer-tour/

Hard to beat the taste of Jim Beam and a splash of Coke.🥃

cj5mrt
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cj5mrt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 am

If you're ever in Winter Haven, Grove Roots has a big following. I personally don't care for craft beers, but many of my friends love the place.
I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.

chuckusaret

Post by chuckusaret » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:53 pm

It might just be my taste buds but I've noticed the taste is not consistent in some craft draft beers and varies by each keg. Could be be that I just don't drink enough to acquire a taste for it and it is a new experience each and every time.
[smilie=cheers1.gif]

doriftu

Post by doriftu » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:39 pm

If you haven’t tried it already coppertail is local. They not only have a ton of craft beer options but there happens to be an amazing food company that serves at the brewery. Worth a checking out, it’s across from The IKEA if your familiar with that area.

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 am

cj5mrt wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 am
If you're ever in Winter Haven, Grove Roots has a big following. I personally don't care for craft beers, but many of my friends love the place.
I love visiting Grove Roots when back in the Haven - I see classmates from the early 80s every time I stop in.

cj5mrt
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cj5mrt » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 am

flcracker wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 am
cj5mrt wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 am
I love visiting Grove Roots when back in the Haven - I see classmates from the early 80s every time I stop in.
That's where my old classmates like to meet when they're in town. Also from the early 80's.
I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 am

My thing is porters.
Just got back from Charlotte NC.
The place is filled with craft brewers.
I was in hog heaven

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Chester Field

Post by Chester Field » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 pm

flcracker wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am
Pizzim wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am
Yep - I stroll over there about once a week for brews & tunes. Their Shade Tree IPA & Grandpa Jack's Pils are great regular offerings, and their featured special runs can be awesome.
I second their Pils. I like their Porter too. Very good stuff there.

I won't be bringing my dogs back though. Hookworms and ticks, probably from those track dogs they have there every month.
Common Sense: So rare, it's like a super power...

Chester Field

Post by Chester Field » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm

doriftu wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:39 pm
If you haven’t tried it already coppertail is local. They not only have a ton of craft beer options but there happens to be an amazing food company that serves at the brewery. Worth a checking out, it’s across from The IKEA if your familiar with that area.
I think I like everything they make. It's all pretty available around the bay at the grocery stores too.
Common Sense: So rare, it's like a super power...

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Chester Field wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 pm
I won't be bringing my dogs back though. Hookworms and ticks, probably from those track dogs they have there every month.
[smilie=pdt_xtremez_03.gif] [smilie=pdt_xtremez_03.gif]

Dang. I will be more aware of what my dawg finds on the ground. Never thought about that. I take it, you must be pretty certain where they picked them up? :-k