Nexus range

Trouter3

Nexus range

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:18 pm

In Fort Lauderdale, never been to the facility, was wondering what your opinions of the range are, my nephew who is a handgun enthusiast is visiting for a week and told me he saw it on the net and would like to visit it, said it had all kinda virtual real time games and targets etc, many different shooting selections, me, give me a piece of paper with splash targets on it I'm happy, wanted to take him to the outdoor facility okeechobee but someone said with the heavy rains the place was flooded out, what say any one ....thanks

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Nexus range

Post by N4KVE » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:35 pm

You have to be a member there to use the range. This means you must pay, & they will test your safety skills before you can use the range. No such nonsense at the Shoot Straight a mile east. GARY

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Never heard of this place but I don't like having to pay a membership to use a range so likely will never patronize it. The fact that it's also 45 minutes away in Lauderdale is also a factor while the WPB Shoot Straight is like ten minutes from my house.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 am

One time $10 fee to become a "member" and roughly $15/hr. They only "check" your skills if you want to do rapid fire or holster draw and I believe those each cost $20 to become "certified". Clean, air conditioned lanes that you can shoot your reloads (not many places allow that). A digital side that you can shoot at moving targets ($25/hr for digital). LOTS of guns on the walls/display cases. A seated waiting area. Friendly/helpful staff. Get there early (before they opne) on the weekends or you'll be waiting!

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 pm

N4KVE wrote:You have to be a member there to use the range. This means you must pay, & they will test your safety skills before you can use the range. No such nonsense at the Shoot Straight a mile east. GARY
Kind of a non issue here, membership is cheap and the test for holster draw is basic and straight forward. Range isn't bad, only been once though. Shoot Straights depend on who's staffing that day as to how good they are for me, as well as how crowded. Really the same as many ranges.

I have other ranges I prefer to both, but would be happy at either. Go to multiple ranges and try them if you have them as options.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

What others have said, it’s nice and clean but it’s just not cheap. They let you shoot rifles/shotguns and don’t have to use frangible ammo (at least last time I was there).

cougar_guy04
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cougar_guy04 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Took a class there in January and checked out the range facility and the wife took her CWP class there. Nice range, nice facility, pretty good people. If I wanted to make a good impression on a new shooter, I'd take them there.

The "membership" didn't bother me and while I crinkled my nose at taking the tests to do the holster/shoot & move stuff, I understand why they do it. I need get off my duff and go do that so I can go knock the rust off. The hours are nice too, I figure when I can I could stop in after work or after I get the little one to bed and get some range time in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 pm

If there was a gun range in Beverly Hills California, that would be it. GARY.

cougar_guy04
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cougar_guy04 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:53 am

N4KVE wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 pm
If there was a gun range in Beverly Hills California, that would be it. GARY.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"