Ft. Lauderdale wants to cancel gun show.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Ft. Lauderdale wants to cancel gun show.

Post by N4KVE » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:27 pm

I just received this text from Florida Gun Shows. It is important we show up to support the gun show. This affects future gunshows, ALL the dealers who work the show, as well as attendee's who walk the show. This is a MUCH bigger deal than bump stocks. Khaled is prepared to fight this to the ends of the earth. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Support the show. GARY

March 28, 2018

ATTENTION: IF YOU WANT TO SEE GUN SHOWS CONTINUE AT THE WAR MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
On April 3, 2018 at 1:30 p.m., the Ft. Lauderdale City Commission will be meeting to discuss the future of the Gun Show at the War Memorial Auditorium. In particular, the commission will be deciding whether to include CANCELLING the Gun Shows as an agenda item for the formal commission meeting that night, April 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Florida Gun Shows will be at the 1:30 p.m. meeting to make our feelings on the subject known to all, but I am worried that it will not be enough.
At the last commission meeting on March 20th, the commissioners made it clear that they believe everyone in Ft. Lauderdale wants the WMA Gun Show cancelled forever. Whether they have the legal right to do that is a different issue, but first, they need to hear from the other side. THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU. They need to hear from the law abiding citizens who care about the Second Amendment and want the freedom to attend Gun Shows at WMA and be with other like-minded law-abiding people in doing so.
WE NEED YOU at the commission meetings - first at 1:30 p.m. on April 3rd, and again at 6:00 p.m. on April 3, 2018 if necessary - to make our voices heard, PEACEFULLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY. For weeks, all the commissioners have heard is that guns are the problem. In their hearts, I believe the commissioners want to do what is right for the community. But they need to be reminded that they represent the whole community, not just part of it. As community members, this is your opportunity to stand up for what’s important to you - to stand up for your second amendment rights.

CAN WE COUNT ON YOU TO PEACEFULLY SUPPORT THE WMA GUN SHOW AT THESE APRIL 3rd COMMISSION MEETINGS?
The first meeting to set the agenda for the evening meeting is:
1:30 pm on April 3, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale City Hall
City Commission Conference Room
100 North Andrews Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

HOPEFULLY, WE CAN CONVINCE THE COMMISSION NOT TO GO FORWARD WITH THEIR PLANS AT THE 1:30 PM MEETING.
IF NOT, THE FORMAL COMMISSION MEETING IS:
6:00 p.m. on April 3, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale City Hall
City Commission Chambers
100 North Andrews Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

Please also consider emailing the commissioners with your support for the WMA gun show, saying “PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE WMA GUN SHOWS. THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO ME AND TO MY FRIENDS, AND WE VOTE OUR CONSCIENCE. THANK YOU.” Please keep all email submissions clean and above-board. The goal is to persuade the commissioners to see our point of view!
dtrantalis@fortlauderdale.com
rmckinzie@fortlauderdale.com
bsorensen@fortlauderdale.com
hmoraitis@fortlauderdale.com
sglassman@fortlauderdale.com

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

camacho

Re: Ft. Lauderdale wants to cancel gun show.

Post by camacho » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:42 pm

N4KVE wrote:I just received this text from Florida Gun Shows. It is important we show up to support the gun show. This affects future gunshows, ALL the dealers who work the show, as well as attendee's who walk the show. This is a MUCH bigger deal than bump stocks. Khaled is prepared to fight this to the ends of the earth. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Support the show. GARY

March 28, 2018

ATTENTION: IF YOU WANT TO SEE GUN SHOWS CONTINUE AT THE WAR MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
On April 3, 2018 at 1:30 p.m., the Ft. Lauderdale City Commission will be meeting to discuss the future of the Gun Show at the War Memorial Auditorium. In particular, the commission will be deciding whether to include CANCELLING the Gun Shows as an agenda item for the formal commission meeting that night, April 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Florida Gun Shows will be at the 1:30 p.m. meeting to make our feelings on the subject known to all, but I am worried that it will not be enough.
At the last commission meeting on March 20th, the commissioners made it clear that they believe everyone in Ft. Lauderdale wants the WMA Gun Show cancelled forever. Whether they have the legal right to do that is a different issue, but first, they need to hear from the other side. THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU. They need to hear from the law abiding citizens who care about the Second Amendment and want the freedom to attend Gun Shows at WMA and be with other like-minded law-abiding people in doing so.
WE NEED YOU at the commission meetings - first at 1:30 p.m. on April 3rd, and again at 6:00 p.m. on April 3, 2018 if necessary - to make our voices heard, PEACEFULLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY. For weeks, all the commissioners have heard is that guns are the problem. In their hearts, I believe the commissioners want to do what is right for the community. But they need to be reminded that they represent the whole community, not just part of it. As community members, this is your opportunity to stand up for what’s important to you - to stand up for your second amendment rights.

CAN WE COUNT ON YOU TO PEACEFULLY SUPPORT THE WMA GUN SHOW AT THESE APRIL 3rd COMMISSION MEETINGS?
The first meeting to set the agenda for the evening meeting is:
1:30 pm on April 3, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale City Hall
City Commission Conference Room
100 North Andrews Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

HOPEFULLY, WE CAN CONVINCE THE COMMISSION NOT TO GO FORWARD WITH THEIR PLANS AT THE 1:30 PM MEETING.
IF NOT, THE FORMAL COMMISSION MEETING IS:
6:00 p.m. on April 3, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale City Hall
City Commission Chambers
100 North Andrews Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

Please also consider emailing the commissioners with your support for the WMA gun show, saying “PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE WMA GUN SHOWS. THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO ME AND TO MY FRIENDS, AND WE VOTE OUR CONSCIENCE. THANK YOU.” Please keep all email submissions clean and above-board. The goal is to persuade the commissioners to see our point of view!
dtrantalis@fortlauderdale.com
rmckinzie@fortlauderdale.com
bsorensen@fortlauderdale.com
hmoraitis@fortlauderdale.com
sglassman@fortlauderdale.com

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
Those who can’t make it, make sure you at least email the Commissioners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Ft. Lauderdale wants to cancel gun show.

Post by N4KVE » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:46 pm

We won. We can stay until the end of the year when the current contract expires, & the city council promised to find a new venue acceptable to Khaled. They mentioned the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center which would be great. GARY.